Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Dublin/Late night cafe's

Options
  • 06-06-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys,

Rainy day out, stuck for things to do...nothing on in the cinema, any suggestions for this evening?

Also, something that's been bugging me, is there any late night cafe's in the city centre or north side...I know Cafe Mocha in Rathmines is open till the wee hours, is there any late night coffee place anywhere else?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

The millstone used to be a late night cafe, loved it. Used to go in there at about 1 or 2 in the morning, was perfect! Now it's a poxy restaurant. If anyone knows any city centre cafes i'd love to know too!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dally

I'm interested too - can anyone name some late night cafes in Dublin?

I'm compiling a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coconut2674

Oooh! How many places u got so far?

7 so far, I'll post it online when I've finished. Suggestions welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Only late night place i know of is that indian restaurant in portobello.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Nedermeyer wrote: »
    Only late night place i know of is that indian restaurant in portobello.

the gigs place right opposite opens all night but the only thing worth eating is the breakfast

pizza max next door to mc auleys on clanbrassil street opens til around half 3 as well

I've published that list of late night cafes.

If you have any more suggestions please let me know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

There was a place near the POD I think it was the Manhatten or something where you could get a full fry at 4. 30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BUMP! instead of starting a new thread I'm trying all my mates in Dublin to find a place to crash tomorrow night, so far, no joy. There is no buses back to Galway till 6.25 am. So an all night cafe is the next best thing I suppose, is there any 24 hour places like Insomnia Cafe in Glasgow for instance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

24 hour McDonald's do coffee. There's one on Grafton Street and O'Connell Street.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

There's also some 24 hour Internet cafes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

BUMP! instead of starting a new thread I'm trying all my mates in Dublin to find a place to crash tomorrow night, so far, no joy. There is no buses back to Galway till 6.25 am. So an all night cafe is the next best thing I suppose, is there any 24 hour places like Insomnia Cafe in Glasgow for instance.

The Spar on the corner of Dame St and George's St is 24hr and has an Insomnia in it with seating area. Was in there at 6am last week before heading to the airport and there was a lad there that looked like he had your plan. Although he looked like he could have done with another coffee or two!

Advertisement