Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Kelly missing from my ballot sheet

Options
  • 06-06-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Ray Kelly an Independent candidate in the Local Council Elections 2009 (Tallaght Central), who I've been voting for for the past 3 years in the same polling station, was not on my ballot sheet this year.

I was very disappointed as he has helped me in the past, and it was really the only reason I was voting.

Anyone know why he was not on my ballot sheet? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You sure you're in Tallaght Central and not Tallaght South?

http://www.southdublin.ie/candidates.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Parts of the constituency appear to have been redrawn (including having all of the even-numbered houses in Jobstown but not the odd-numbered houses).

Any chance you were moved to a different local constituency?

(I assume you meant last three elections, the guy ran for the locals in 1999 and the Dail in 2002 and 2007)

Tallaght Central is a completely restructured constituency.

I would have voted for Karen Warren as I have previously, but she is now Tallaght South and I vote in Tallaght Central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As pointed out above the Tallaght Central boundary has been considerably redrawn. Your area and polling station will have moved to another constituency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

You sure you're in Tallaght Central and not Tallaght South?

http://www.southdublin.ie/candidates.aspx
    Ah ha, yeah I'm in Tallaght South (Killinarden), so he wasn't listed this time, ah well hope he does well.
    sceptre wrote: »
    Parts of the constituency appear to have been redrawn (including having all of the even-numbered houses in Jobstown but not the odd-numbered houses).

Any chance you were moved to a different local constituency?

(I assume you meant last three elections, the guy ran for the locals in 1999 and the Dail in 2002 and 2007)

I definitely voted for him in 2007, it must of been the first & last time I voted for him. I'm not in to politics that much so not sure about all the constituencies and elections stuff :), I just wanted to support the guy :)

Just a little disappointed I couldn't give him my No.1 vote.

Thanks for the replies, I'm alot wiser on the topic now :)
    Tallaght Central is a completely restructured constituency.

I would have voted for Karen Warren as I have previously, but she is now Tallaght South and I vote in Tallaght Central.

It's ok I gave Karen my No.1 as I know her father Joe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

He was on my ballot paper and my address isn't in Tallaght. Not far from it though. I'd never heard of the guy though.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    He was on my ballot paper and my address isn't in Tallaght. Not far from it though. I'd never heard of the guy though.

Tallaght Central takes in Greenhills and Templeogue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I found the local council constituencies incredibly confusing and wasn't sure where exactly to go looking for information about it.

Advertisement