Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Spot the narc!

Constructive.

If you cant farm your own gold your just a bad, mount price's are being addressed as I stated earlier.

"In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)
    • 60% land mount speed
    • Requires level 20
    • Cost: 4 gold
    • Mount cost: 1 gold
    • Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)
    • 100% land mount speed
    • Requires level 40
    • Cost: 50 gold
    • Mount cost: 10 gold
    • Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)
    • 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
    • Requires level 60
    • Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
    • Mount Cost: 50 gold
    • Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)
    • 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
    • Requires level 70
    • Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
    • Mount Cost: 100 gold"

Yes 280% flying mount speed mount is still 5,000G (not including faction discount) but still 650g at level 60 with a good prof and while leveling while doing quests and selling the off bit's from your prof net you 650g no problem at all. getting 5k+ gold from 60-80 is easy.

I never said all gold is from hacked accounts but a % of it is, a large % is so no matter what is said, your funding people who take accounts if you buy gold as lots of these companies are just sister companies of others.
    I dont care if the gold purchased is going into the massive hole which was buying a mount. Its still being purcharsed rather than made, if it was being made properly then more item's would be on AH etc making price's more reasonable and also alot more of the same item's from diffrent people would be up for sale, causing competition, which is key to an economey in an mmo, buying gold, in any manner or form, will hurt the economey in an indirect way in WoW.

As for the irish community of WoW, I personally found this forum by typing in irish world of warcraft forums checked irish site's only, so yes it's easy to find and also the frequency of WoW ad's on Irish tv has increased a whole lot as far as I'v seen (more so the Ozzy
    Osbourn one).. I think there is hope for there being an irish community site, seeing as this is the only decent one left I'd just assume it could be here. I know this is just a sub-fourm, so what its not stopping more people joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

How can anyone make the assessment that "a large %" of gold sold is from hacked accounts? I'm not sure how anyone would have access this data. (gold buying is still evul etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

AaronFitz wrote: »
    Constructive.

If you cant farm your own gold your just a bad, mount price's are being addressed as I stated earlier.

"In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)
    • 60% land mount speed
    • Requires level 20
    • Cost: 4 gold
    • Mount cost: 1 gold
    • Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)
    • 100% land mount speed
    • Requires level 40
    • Cost: 50 gold
    • Mount cost: 10 gold
    • Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)
    • 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
    • Requires level 60
    • Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
    • Mount Cost: 50 gold
    • Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)
    • 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
    • Requires level 70
    • Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
    • Mount Cost: 100 gold"

Yes 280% flying mount speed mount is still 5,000G (not including faction discount) but still 650g at level 60 with a good prof and while leveling while doing quests and selling the off bit's from your prof net you 650g no problem at all. getting 5k+ gold from 60-80 is easy.

I never said all gold is from hacked accounts but a % of it is, a large % is so no matter what is said, your funding people who take accounts if you buy gold as lots of these companies are just sister companies of others.
    I dont care if the gold purchased is going into the massive hole which was buying a mount. Its still being purcharsed rather than made, if it was being made properly then more item's would be on AH etc making price's more reasonable and also alot more of the same item's from diffrent people would be up for sale, causing competition, which is key to an economey in an mmo, buying gold, in any manner or form, will hurt the economey in an indirect way in WoW.

As for the irish community of WoW, I personally found this forum by typing in irish world of warcraft forums checked irish site's only, so yes it's easy to find and also the frequency of WoW ad's on Irish tv has increased a whole lot as far as I'v seen (more so the Ozzy
    Osbourn one).. I think there is hope for there being an irish community site, seeing as this is the only decent one left I'd just assume it could be here. I know this is just a sub-fourm, so what its not stopping more people joining.

When is this next patch coming do ya know? I've a few recent level 60's (thanks raf) who are in need of cheap 100% mounts :P

PS: Buying gold is lame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Hope that could learn artisan from all factions?? Death Knight badly needs it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

A number of people in the guild i play for over the last year or 2 have been hacked. 90% of them have been officers that i know about. Each time they get away with a-lot of money maybe due to GB access if they are lucky and this can amount to 100k easy when taking into item values.

This did not just happen to our guild, which was one of the biggest on our server but to all the big guilds at the time.

On another note one person about two weeks ago bought gold. Somehow Blizz found out and banned that person from the game. She is now once again playing again after sending blizz a number of e-mails to unban her. I don't know how Blizz found out but they did.

To sum it up i don't or would not have a problem with people buying gold from people who go out and farm it. And if the people farming it are paid under the correct conditions.

• Advertisement

The hacker types seem to use armory and find officers in big guilds and then create alts with similar names and try to trick other officers into promoting them etc. We had lvl 1s try that a good few times.

I'm playing since vanilla and have never been hacked, is there some sort of reward i can claim? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    I'm playing since vanilla and have never been hacked, is there some sort of reward i can claim? :pac:

I'm the same, playing since Alpha test and not even a sign of it

And I let me close mates log into my account all the time to take what they need etc, so its being logged in on their machine....

Your a serious failbot if you get hacked imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I dont really know that many people who play WoW (this would be people who would be in my guild). Ive only ever been in 2 small guilds, and out of the 10-15 people ive talked with on vent, one of them has been hacked.

I dont really know that many people who play WoW (this would be people who would be in my guild). Ive only ever been in 2 small guilds, and out of the 10-15 people ive talked with on vent, one of them has been hacked.

Its usually people who powerlevel, get stupidly tricked into handing out account details, or play in net cafes.

I honestly cannot see any other way to get hacked...

• Advertisement

inuraccountkd2.jpg

OH NOES11!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there anything cats can't do? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

TheDoc wrote: »
    Your a serious failbot if you get hacked imo

lol

That or you've nothing worth taking for the hackers to use your details :rolleyes:

Nehaxak wrote: »
    lol

That or you've nothing worth taking for the hackers to use your details :rolleyes:

This is true, i barely ever have a healthy gold balance, i only grind the gold when i need it for mounts/enchants etc.

But i have a **** load of epics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

A full set of epics isn't going to be worth much more than 100-200g if you vendor them. Wouldn't be worth the time spent typing in your password for that.

This thread is in danger of spiraling into a "WTF U GOT HAXT?" thread and is straying widely from the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

AaronFitz wrote: »
    So alot of new commers may come to this site see this page and guess what, never come back again. Why? cause a huge amount of people are put off by "breaking" Blizzards rules and this is one of them..

DUDE, CHECK THE GOOGLE ADS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO GOLDSELLERS!

Sorry, but every single day i log into this forum to read about everything else bar gold and i see those ads. Surely they would put people off quicker than one post which will disapear within 2 days if you would stop bumping it with novellas of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Drakar wrote: »
    The hacker types seem to use armory and find officers in big guilds and then create alts with similar names and try to trick other officers into promoting them etc. We had lvl 1s try that a good few times.

They did do that to use also and it worked.

Dustaz wrote: »
    DUDE, CHECK THE GOOGLE ADS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO GOLDSELLERS!
    Firefox + adblock Plus ftw

Personally i couldnt care less if people wanna spend their hard earned (real) money buying mounts, epics etc etc..... Buying the game, net connection & sub is more than enough money to spend on a game. People are always going to spend more than other's on their hobbies (which is what online gaming is to me). Some people buy cars and spend alot of money on them, that doesnt make them a good driver. So people buying stuff ingame with gold they have bought with real money, might or might not be a good player. But who cares, people are always going to buy gold. So why doesnt blizzard give people the option and undercut the gold seller's.

People can argue all day about people not deserving this and that, but people will still buy gold regardless. So why not cut out the gold seller's, and make it not worth while their while. Granted most gold comes from farming and not hacked accounts, but blizzard selling gold will make it not worthwhile to do so.

I play WoW for fun, and will never have the time or will to spend hours famring or grinding. So some numpty spending his money buying gold, is never going to harm me anyway.

thats my 2 cents on it....!

Alot of people play wow for fun (like you), and wouldnt be all that interested in buying gold (like you), however they feel it would be "unfair" if they were playing the game and other players could buy themselves successful instead of "earning" it. I'm not sure if I agree with that position myself (since that is still the suspicion now when you see a char kitted out with epix who doesnt know how to play anyway), but I dont think Blizzard wants to put up with the inevitable QQ tsunami.

• Advertisement

Alot of people play wow for fun (like you), and wouldnt be all that interested in buying gold (like you), however they feel it would be "unfair" if they were playing the game and other players could buy themselves successful instead of "earning" it. I'm not sure if I agree with that position myself (since that is still the suspicion now when you see a char kitted out with epix who doesnt know how to play anyway), but I dont think Blizzard wants to put up with the inevitable QQ tsunami.

You cannot buy success in wow, thats a wallyish comment

Do you remember the thread a while back by Anti I think? Some guy/girl bought an 80 account went straight into raids and quickly got caught out as an account buyer.

Buying gold isnt buying you skill, buying gold to buy tier 8 isnt going to help you if your a DK not knowing how to hold agrro or even know your rune mechanics.

Been able to play for hours on end and get your epic gear for raids and the like, is not an option for everyone. At the end of the day, its only a game and you have not really "earned" anything of any use to anyone, only yourself while playing.

I personally think your a numpty spending real money to buy something of no real world value, other than to yourself. Granted people can sell on accounts, but if your found out, you lose it all afaik. And for the record, i find those gold selling spammers very annoying.

Ive played wow for nearly 2 of the 3 years since i started, and my highest lvl char is a 76 hunter (which im sh*te with btw). If people do buy gear and they turn out to be sh*te, they can be simply kicked from the guild or not invited to the next raid.

Ive never been on a raid, unless ofc you count low level dungeons. People on these forums have forgotten more about wow than ive ever known. But if i ever do get around or get the time to do one, i couldnt care less if the eejit beside ingame bought his gear.

I like playing, lvling & and using professions. Everyone is different, what i think about gold sellers is irrelevent, cause my thoughts on it will have no bearing on whether it continues or not.

So ill just keep plodding along regardless of who buys or "earns" whatever. In the grand scheme of things, the only way it will ever affect me, is if some numpty gold buyer makes a hash of a raid im in. But im more than capable of making a hash of it myself.

Agreed. Again just to reiterate I havent bought money. Yeah the two things that annoy me about it are the gold spamming (people are either going to buy gold or not, no need to shout it like 5 times), or people who bought their character and haven't put any time into reading/thinking/playing solo enough to learn how to play it.

TheDoc: Of course you can't buy success, but you can buy ilvl 226 gear, thats better than the vast majority of players will have access to (and some of them are best in slot pieces anyway). Some players seem to find it annoying that they spent 4 months farming drops and crafting and saving money when another player can just buy better gear (or an account) with real life cash. Personally I don't mind how they got it once they can use it. Frequently we'd have friends who left the guild for a quieter raiding schedule and later ask for invites back and sometimes you'd discover that the account had obviously been sold in the interim. Again, if the new guy knows how to play thats great, not so great the other thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Clear and simple though - it's against the EULA

However, I can understand the mentality of some. There are people who can sit 12hrs a day playing wow to get what they want out of it. Then there's others who work for 10hrs a day and only get 2hrs to play.

Thought process....wages €10 an hour (or whatever it is I dunno) in work = a few hundred gold from sellers (more/less?). An hour in game would be around the same amount of gold.

If you come home from work and you want to raid, you'll still need money for repairs, enchants, gems, flasks, food. If you're working for so long, you won't have time to grind the cash for it. You've spent a couple of months leveling your toon to 80 because you can't sit at it all day. You don't want to spend weeks grinding cash just before you can start raiding.

Alternatively it's kids with parents who have more money than sense, and they're just too lazy to make the money themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Buying gold from a mate, is fine imo. Buying gold from a company is not. It influences hacking etc etc... Maybe a small portion, but I don't my account hacked because some prick wants to buy gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wouldnt have any problems with someone buying gold in Warcraft. If they want to spend €20 on gold and get an epic flyer or something like that, then good for them. I realise its against the EULA, and Blizz will ban you for it, but some people just cant/dont have the time to grind a hige amount of gold. As for me, i have the time, just not the will or motivation.
    Buying gold from a mate, is fine imo. Buying gold from a company is not. It influences hacking etc etc... Maybe a small portion, but I don't my account hacked because some prick wants to buy gold.
    Yet you still wont sell it to me...:rolleyes:

I dont know how fair it is, but one of the Swe guys I know was telling me that many of the guys who are in the countryside where its harder to find work and (due to their northerly location) it can be dark for long periods of the year, people just collect the social welfare and play wow and smoke ... stuff. Need to get them farming gold already! I think he was suggesting those were the guys with the 10 lvl 80 chars (some people in our guild had them in both factions by having a 2nd account heh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    I wouldnt have any problems with someone buying gold in Warcraft. If they want to spend €20 on gold and get an epic flyer or something like that, then good for them. I realise its against the EULA, and Blizz will ban you for it, but some people just cant/dont have the time to grind a hige amount of gold. As for me, i have the time, just not the will or motivation.

Yet you still wont sell it to me...:rolleyes:

You never reminded me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I never bought gold and hate all those spammers coming into the trade channel saying the same thing every time. now they started /w me are u busy. Then telling me about there website. A new trick they have is selling stuff [2 Trade] WTS relic of Uldar x200 cheap. where does a lvl 1 get all them.
    Point I'm trying to make I hate them spamming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I never bought gold and hate all those spammers coming into the trade channel saying the same thing every time. now they started /w me are u busy. Then telling me about there website. A new trick they have is selling stuff [2 Trade] WTS relic of Uldar x200 cheap. where does a lvl 1 get all them.
    Point I'm trying to make I hate them spamming.

Those aren't goldsellers, they're people's bank characters... fail D: I do it all the time

Advertisement