Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD to charge for health service

Options
  • 06-06-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just heard a rumour that UCD are planning to charge for use of the student health service from next year. I heard that it will be €20/visit to the health service.
    Has anyone heard anything about this?
    Seems ridiculous.
    This service is free in all of the other universities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

I can honestly say I'm not surprised at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sounds like bullshit to me. Although that maybe just because I'm suspicous of someone registering an account to go "Hey guys, I heard this". Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Or maybe it's bullshit.

betafrog: The waiting list is shocking alright, although if it;s anything serious you can usually walk in, be seen by a Nurse, referred up to a Doctor, and out inside an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ucdwhisper

Sounds like bullshit to me. Although that maybe just because I'm suspicous of someone registering an account to go "Hey guys, I heard this". Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Or maybe it's bullshit.
    Or maybe it's because somebody has very accurate information, but doesn't want to be identified. This is from a very good source and is going to happen.
    I know it is true, but if anyone else here is interested but suspicious of me, why not put in a question to student services?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

ucdwhisper wrote: »
    Or maybe it's because somebody has very accurate information, but doesn't want to be identified. This is from a very good source and is going to happen.
    I know it is true, but if anyone else here is interested but suspicious of me, why not put in a question to student services?

Do really expect people to take your word for it? Firstly, you haven't enough clout here for people to take this information at face value (i.e. you've just joined, for all we know you could be ucd staff, su or some 'agent' trying to test the waters of the ucd boards forum). Second, if the person wishes to remain anonymous, why aren't they not here posting? Finally, you say:
    why not put in a question to student services?

Have you done this?
    What has their answer been?
    Have they released any information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ucdwhisper

Do really expect people to take your word for it?
    No. I wouldn't take a stranger's word for something, so i don't think that you should trust me. That is why I suggest that those who doubt me put the question to student services.
    This is hardly a radical course of action. If you put the question and i am wrong, you have only lost five minutes of your time, and you get to prove me wrong. If you put the question and i am right, you will have information much sooner than college authorities wanted.
    Have you done this?
    What has their answer been?
    Have they released any information?
    No. I don't need to, because i know this is true.

If you choose not to believe me, that is fine. If you think it is possibly true, i am saying that there is a way that you can verify it.

It is easier to prevent this than to reverse it once it is implemented at the start of next term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

Have no Fear, Gary Redmond will be President.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

ucdwhisper wrote:
    Just heard a rumour
    ucdwhisper wrote:
    i know this is true.

Why have you just changed your mind out the likelihood of the charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Could the registration fee not just be increased by €150 euro and use that to cover the costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

betafrog wrote: »
    I'm hoping against all hope that you're joking.... :(
    clearly

Advertisement