Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Langtons Have New Rules!

Options
  • 06-06-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Not a place i wish to ever step in but after being dragged there on a last thursday night by a few mates, they were denying people entry with hoodies or runners(both of which i was wearing..thank ****!)..so if your a fan of the place you might wanna check the dress code first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Decay666 wrote: »
    they were denying people entry with hoodies or runners

What type of message do you think their trying to send to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I was there thursday as well! everyone was wearing runner's, they started letting us in when they realised the place dead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Ehhh, news flash!!... Most pubs deny people wearing hoodies and runners!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So they want to stop people entering who don't make an effort in how they look when they are going out, I see no problem with this.

If your going out wear a shirt in fairness, is it so much to ask that you actually make an effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Yea Decay666 cant believe you wont make an effort to conform

I remember the day i turned up for the nuremberg rally wearing a hoody and i stuck out like a sore thumb. I could see everyone staring at me instead of "der feurer" I would have given anything to just blend into the crowd and dissappear so that i would become one of the mindless sheep.
    Ill never make that mistake again now i buy all the popular magazines which tell me what to wear what to eat and what to drink. No more flagans of Linden village for me, I drink pint bottles of bulmers when im out. Plus since I started wearing shirts and shoes its as if all my inner rage has vanished. Never have i felt like fighting and causing trouble when Im out.

Join us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

meh i avoid langtons like the plague anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Cabaal wrote: »
    If your going out wear a shirt in fairness, is it so much to ask that you actually make an effort?
    But I don't want to wear a shirt. How the hell does wearing a shirt consititute making an effort anyway?

However if I wanted to go to langton's I would respect their dress code. It is their prerogative to set sartorial restrictions at the door in order to help prevent shams, scobes, scallies, scumbags, scougers, sociaists and any other undesirables beginning with the letter S from gaining access.

It IS on John Street you know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

They should also include mucky farmers in their dress code.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fabbydabby wrote: »
    But I don't want to wear a shirt. How the hell does wearing a shirt consititute making an effort anyway?

Hoodies and runners is every day wear for alot of people, proper shoes and a shirt is not everyday wear for alot of people

For example, you will never see anyone go to a wedding or funeral in a hoodie and runners unless they are complete scum bags, the VAST majority of people will dress up in a shirt, pants, proper shoes.

The same goes for going out, people should make an effort
    However if I wanted to go to langton's I would respect their dress code. It is their prerogative to set sartorial restrictions at the door in order to help prevent shams, scobes, scallies, scumbags, scougers, sociaists and any other undesirables beginning with the letter S from gaining access.

Indeed they are entitled to do what they want, if they want to keep an imagine its only right they look for people to wear shirts

Yea Decay666 cant believe you wont make an effort to conform.......(meaningless rant)

Yeah great, now go fight the "p0wer"
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think he was being facetious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Booze, puke and blood stains look so cool on a shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

In fairness if your gonna poke fun at langtons there are plenty of other ways to do so. eg:

Its overpriced.
    Its overfilled.
    The music is sh1t
    Its full of rednecks
    its full of scangers on stage and hens.
    The guinness is overpriced and crap.
    The bar staff are rude and ignorant.

I could go on. Most nightclubs wont let you in with a hoodie and runners. Its pretty much been that way for 15years now. Not saying i agree but thats how it is.
    Come to the pump house. They'll let you in with a hoodie and there's actually decent music there and its not full of check shirted beer bellied savages talkin about how much cattle they have while line dancin to Kid Rock "All summer long"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I actually think Langton's is alright. Not my cup of tea for a night out, but having said that, you could do a LOT worse. Like Morrison's.

Langtons has a nice beer garden and they serve excellent, good value food (I know thatr's nothing to do with the club, just sayin is all). Their jacks is big and clean and their bar lis long and easy to get a drink at. To be honest I would prefer having to listen to lads bitching about the price of milk quotas than listen to my own screams as I use my forehead to catch an AIDS ridden syringe further up the road....

My own personal gripe with langton's is the soundsystem, which is a piece of **** and incapable of sounding nice at the volume they play it. It is WAY underpowered and they jack it up to the last, which leads to horrible overpowering treble and distortion. How nobody has noticed this is beyond me.

Though I suppose big square rooms don't readily lend themselved to favourable acoustics and The Pussycat Dolls would sound like aural ass even if you ran them through a KME or a Funktion 1, so hey, work away..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I wouldnt call Langtons a night club to be honest, Its more a function room, I have being there a few times, We were charged €13.00 as a cover charge, which was a while back, a total and utter joke of a place, It was more like a wedding gone wrong:confused: Dj was terrible, and have to agree about the sound system it wasnt suited to such a big area, and Im sure they could well afford one as they are good at screwing people at the bar, I coudnt understand why people from Kilkenny go their. There has to be better places in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Yes langtons is a hole full of 16 year olds the bar is real slow for the size of it and the sound system is god awfull the times i went in there.

But the music they play there is so so so bad its unreal its like circus music the songs are so bad its a night club not bad hits from the 90s.

Its so bad i remember outside in the beergarden me and my friends laughing sao much hearing the crap inside and i feel old when i go there and im 21 :confused:

I wouldn't call Langtons a night club to be honest. It's more a function room, I have being there a few times, We were charged €13.00 as a cover charge, which was a while back, a total and utter joke of a place, It was more like a wedding gone wrong:confused: DJ was terrible, and have to agree about the sound system it wasn't suited to such a big area, and I'm sure they could well afford one as they are good at screwing people at the bar, I couldn't understand why people from Kilkenny go there. There has to be better places in Kilkenny.

I think a lot of people start off in other pubs around town but eventually go back to Langton's because they think they're missing something if they don't go there. I can't understand why they bother having a DJ in the front bar because he plays the same rubbish muzak all the time. Would it not be cheaper to load the tunes onto a laptop and play them through that? It's not as if the music changes from week to week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mother_rucker

In fairness though the amount of loose women in langtons of a saturday night makes up for the rest of it.
    If you want to listen to decent music, stay at home with your ipod.
    The whole point of going out to Langtons is to have the banter. If you're not enjoying it perhaps you're just not a funloving person

Well, if the music is so loud that you can't hear what the person beside you is saying, how can you have banter? :confused:

Firetrap wrote: »
    Well, if the music is so loud that you can't hear what the person beside you is saying, how can you have banter? :confused:

Go outside or shout. Doesn't take a genius...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ber12009

they would'nt let me in there bout 2 months ago for wearing a kk jersey

Go outside or shout. Doesn't take a genius...

Ah. Thank you for solving that conundrum for me :rolleyes:

ber12009 wrote: »
    they would'nt let me in there bout 2 months ago for wearing a kk jersey

Wearing a jersey out is like tattooing "Scumbag" across your forehead.
    I bet you still got into Breathnachs though...

why is that your saying you cant wear a kk jersey in your own town are mad or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

sher the night of the homecoming my friends were refused for being in kk jerseys!

that is pure stupid do they not know were they are or some thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

sher the night of the homecoming my friends were refused for being in kk jerseys!

in fairness its prob so busy that night there prob looking for reasons to turn people away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Well its a fairly deplorable excuse.

Langtons is a rip off any way, as a 19 year old I can safely say Langtons generally appeals to people that are 16-19. Sneaking in early and all that.
    Utter waste of time imho.

Amber Blacks, Morrisons and The Pump House are much better and at least the bar staff in there are friendly!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Wow, I didn't know anyone from Kilkenny actually went there. I can't remember the last time I was in there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was in Langtons about 5 years ago for a mate's stag party. While the dance area was quite large and impressive, my jacket got swiped from the cloakroom and a barman tried to short change me out of a €50 note I handed him and threatened to have me thrown out when I challenger him. I ended up getting my proper change.

That did not endear me to the place I have to say...:(

Advertisement