Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Langtons Have New Rules!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

was there last night by the way i am only 17 was with people in there late 20s did not ask me four id i don't no why people think this is a great here we left after about 30min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

jiggajt wrote: »
    In fairness if your gonna poke fun at langtons there are plenty of other ways to do so. eg:

Its overpriced.
    Its overfilled.
    The music is sh1t
    Its full of rednecks
    its full of scangers on stage and hens.
    The guinness is overpriced and crap.
    The bar staff are rude and ignorant.

I could go on. Most nightclubs wont let you in with a hoodie and runners. Its pretty much been that way for 15years now. Not saying i agree but thats how it is.
    Come to the pump house. They'll let you in with a hoodie and there's actually decent music there and its not full of check shirted beer bellied savages talkin about how much cattle they have while line dancin to Kid Rock "All summer long"
    100% True.

And whoever the hell said the amount of "loose women" makes up for it, really needs to up their standards a little bit. Or maybe not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mother_rucker

You all need to lighten up a bit. If you relax and go with the flow in Langtons you'll have a good night every time. I realise ye'd all probably prefer being at home on your computers but you have to leave the basement some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭curious guy

5euro 30cent for a pint of heineken dat tastes like dykewater
    and ignorant barman dat waits for about 2 mins for u to find 30 cent
    + pay to get in
    and da first place that is said to people outside kk 2 go..
    load of underagers in da club part at moment also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Aarggh. My eyes. My eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I see on the front of the 'People an ad for Langtons saying they're now charging 5euro all night for entry on Saturday night. Might draw a few more locals than usual- although I still don't think I'll be going!

I actually don't mind it only I don't go out that end of town, and I'm more of a late bar person than a night club person. Although the standard of nightclubs in KK is brutal- for the amount of people around on a Sat night there should be a more decent choice. The pubs are great but the it'd be good if there was even one other nightclub- that doesn't let in 16/17 year olds!!

Bring back the original Coo and put all the young ones there, it was good enough for us back in the day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Ah the 'coo. *Wipes away nostalgic tear*. AKA Club Life, Club no-life, club low-life, club knife, club grab-a-wife.

The Coo. Kilkenny's last bastion of unregulated glory. Show your ATM card to an apethetic vagabond at the door to gain access.. dump your jacket with a pram face for a pound, then straight up to the farmers' bar where the tucked in graph paper shirts, belt buckles, the boxes of carrols and large bottles of cider hang out. Order yourself 4 shots of aftershock and a bottle of this new "Smirnoff Ice" stuff. Knock it back. It's warm and sickly but you are far too pissed to question the suffix "Ice".. Shift some girl. Then shift her friend. Then shift her 17 year old daughter. Dance your pants off to Played-A-Live by Safri Duo. Good times.

Then afterwards you can't get your car out of the carpark because there's a teenage girl being roughly impregnated on the bonnet.

I miss that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

jiggajt wrote: »
    In fairness if your gonna poke fun at langtons there are plenty of other ways to do so. eg:

Its overpriced.
    Its overfilled.
    The music is sh1t
    Its full of rednecks
    its full of scangers on stage and hens.
    The guinness is overpriced and crap.
    The bar staff are rude and ignorant.

I could go on. Most nightclubs wont let you in with a hoodie and runners. Its pretty much been that way for 15years now. Not saying i agree but thats how it is.
    Come to the pump house. They'll let you in with a hoodie and there's actually decent music there and its not full of check shirted beer bellied savages talkin about how much cattle they have while line dancin to Kid Rock "All summer long"

All very true.

You got me thinking about something though. Why do all pints in all night clubs (and I use that term loosely when describing Langtons) taste horrible? I haven't been in Langtons club in years, but remember the pints being awful. I have drank in Langtons front bar plenty of times though and the pints are fine (usually).

I also remember when Langtons was either 21's or 23's. How times have changed. I'd love to see the place get done for serving under age teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

zootroid wrote: »
    All very true.

You got me thinking about something though. Why do all pints in all night clubs (and I use that term loosely when describing Langtons) taste horrible? I haven't been in Langtons club in years, but remember the pints being awful. I have drank in Langtons front bar plenty of times though and the pints are fine (usually).

I have a theory about this based on when i worked in a nightclub in Cavan. The original bar was built donkeys years ago and the keg room built beside it. Years later a massive nightclub was built out the back of the hotel with the pipes running from a newly enlarged keg room. Now most people will tell you that especially for guinness that the shorter a pint has to travel before it gets to the tap the better quality it is (hence when you go to auld pubs where the keg is actually under the tap the pint is great). Most nightclubs would have been add ons to hotels in the 90s and are a large distance away from the keg store thus the pints are crap.

Also from a quality control point of view they are probably less concerned with the quality of their pint in the nightclub as by the time the punters get there the majority of them are too drunk to notice, care or complain about the quality.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Ah the 'coo. *Wipes away nostalgic tear*. AKA Club Life, Club no-life, club low-life, club knife, club grab-a-wife.

The Coo. Kilkenny's last bastion of unregulated glory. Show your ATM card to an apethetic vagabond at the door to gain access.. dump your jacket with a pram face for a pound, then straight up to the farmers' bar where the tucked in graph paper shirts, belt buckles, the boxes of carrols and large bottles of cider hang out. Order yourself 4 shots of aftershock and a bottle of this new "Smirnoff Ice" stuff. Knock it back. It's warm and sickly but you are far too pissed to question the suffix "Ice".. Shift some girl. Then shift her friend. Then shift her 17 year old daughter. Dance your pants off to Played-A-Live by Safri Duo. Good times.

Then afterwards you can't get your car out of the carpark because there's a teenage girl being roughly impregnated on the bonnet.

I miss that place.

Exactly. Nothin' wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Post of the week there from fabbydabby :D

the Coo before my time bt i definitely missed out

You certainly did.

Stephen wrote: »
    Post of the week there from fabbydabby

AND I was nominated for post of the day in the other thread about speeding...

If I could make money from this new found appreciation, I would be happy, but unfortunately I can't so I'll just have to modestly soak it up.

Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Suffice to say, we'll never see the likes of The Coo again.

The only place in the world where Maniac 2000 made sense.

And where you got a free fight club with your bag of chips afterwards.

Ah the memories.......

When you'd go out with £20/30 and come home with change

When you'd fall down the steps onto the dance floor goin for a bit of Vengaboys

When you'd fall up the steps getting off the dance floor to "go for a walk" (i.e. go look for the shift) during the slow set

Aw.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Wow, the Coo. Some great nights.

Langtons had flyers for free admission tonight in the coffee shop this morning.

The Coo pity it went was that in the Kilford arms was it?

The Coo pity it went was that in the Kilford arms was it?
    Yes, it was part of the Kilford Arms, or as a few might remember The Railway Inn. The Coo had various re-incarnations as another poster listed, my favorite was Club Life; the names that were spun off that were endless.

To the tune of Good Life by Inner City, "Club life, club life, get a knife, shift a wife; a good night, at Club life".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I've heard it said that the 'Coo was so rough that bouncers gave you a knife going in to defend yourself. And that girls expecting to dance with a fella would be best served turning up at the 'Coo just as the bar closed.

From what I've read on this thread, on its current trajectory Langtons might actually achieve the greatness that was the Coo in its glory days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It needs to get stick floors first though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Whippo

One of the head bouncers in Langtons now was a regular visitor to the 'coo back in the day... I can tell ye that himself and his good mate at the time, even had their own seats in the place and you did NOT sit in them.... Imagine if the 'coo was allowed to be rerun... just for one night... as was at the time...!!! itchy... itchy... itchy... !!!

A 'Coo theme night would be a great success in the town I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

The 'Coo was magic. If you went to the bogs (and that they were!)-abracadabra-your drink was gone when you came back!!!

Advertisement