Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

variable rate loan question

Options
  • 06-06-2009 7:18pm

hey, so i have a variable rate loan that i have put extra money into a few times.. on my online banking i can transfer money back out of that loan, like an overdraft.

is there a penalty for this or are the bank happy to keep charging interest if i go over the term of the loan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Trampas

Talk to your bank as nobody on here will know

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Trampas: helpful replies only please.

OP, you probably won't be able to do this, but you should be able to if you go to your local branch.

i already have done it tho.. tested it with 50euro and it's in back into my current account now. anyways, i guess i should ring up and check what the craic is with doing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmm, just be careful that the "available" balance doesn't reduce and you suddenly find that you've gone beyond the limit on the account..

Advertisement