Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make a common-or-garden Irish essay into a debate/the other thing ? :)

Options
  • 06-06-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Howdy peoples,

I have one essay learnt off for paper 1 - recession. Its quite good.

Now, assuming the recession does come up, how do I adapt my essay if the recession doesn't come up in the 'Aiste' ?

Our teacher never did the other options with us, and I don't know what phrases are useful for this.

Can someone please, please help ?

Is it just a case of having to scriobh "Chairperson, adjudicators, members of the opposition" across for top as Gaelige for the debate, or is it harder than this ?

What are the other options ?

Thanks you all kindly !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DimestoreSaint

I do grinds and we're were given an intro the other night (I'll pop it up here in a while if yu want?).

Basically it's just acknowledging the audience. Some peope have big long intos/outros talking about opposition etc. but the examiner's are told that if it's over 8-10 lines or so it doesn't count as part of the length of the essay (spoffer alert!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I do grinds and we're were given an intro the other night (I'll pop it up here in a while if yu want?).

Basically it's just acknowledging the audience. Some peope have big long intos/outros talking about opposition etc. but the examiner's are told that if it's over 8-10 lines or so it doesn't count as part of the length of the essay (spoffer alert!)

Would you mind putting it up here, pretty pretty please ?

It would really help me out as I have a teacher who neglected to cover paper one with us at all (as well as completely ignoring stair, except for handing us out a big booklet with a week to go)!

Thank you so much !

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

hi hi slightly unrelated but kinda...could anybody help me translate this phrase.. something like 'and do ye not remember...??' would it be... nach chuimhin libh go leir??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Chairperson, adjudacators members of the opposition/proposition, fellow colleuges, ladies and gents, except in irish!!

somethin like a chathaoirligh, a mholtoiri, a lucht fhreasura, dhaoine usuaile blah blah blah

imo if you haven't practiced it dont go near it...

EDIT:

How do you make a common-or-garden Irish essay into a debate/the other thing ? :)
    This is a bad idea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

A chataorilgh, a dhoine uaisle, a lucht an fhreasura agus a lucht feachanna.
    Is mor an onoir dom an deis seo a bheith agam labhairt ar son an run
    * insert diosporeact title here*
    Aontaimse gach aon bhfocail da bfhuil sa run seo/ Tagaim go hiomlan leis an run seo

something like that
    Mines full of typos and devoid of fadas though.

Use "a dhaoine uaisle a lot"

You will need some form of concluding paragraph as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement