Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Discussion Thread

Options
  • 06-06-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Haven't studied anything. I guess I should get doing questions from UNITS 1 2 & 3. The questions are so difficult to answer, though - while the actual content is common sense. Does anyone know where I can get sample answers or something?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Yeah I seriously have to get cramming for business!

Teacher I had swears by Shortcuts to Success for sample answers etc. It's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Personnally don't worry about the sample answers, just do as you said Units 1,2,3 and make sure you know management skills and activities the always seem to come up on this ABQ. Also stuff about resloving disputes. Get top marks in the ABQ and short questions and you've passed.

Remember to always give an example, make-up or real.:D

Can't wait to get this outta the way on Tuesday.

I have a sample answer on management activities from Rapid Revision, I'll scan it up tomorrow if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Please do man, I'm really stuck for that!! It'd be very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Cheers Gavin, you're such a lad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Lads if yas have done nothin atal untill now just try know units 1,2,3 for tuesday. And try your best with 4 and 5. Its easy enough to dodge units 6 and 7 but you might get caught out in the short questions. Oh and learn your ratios, EASY! and due this yr

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

my business teacher is a joke we only learned how to answer a question after the mocks just make sure u learn ur laws there is 7 on the course and nearly two come up every year also learn how to do a memo an organisation structure. Break even chart may come up in short questions

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Eveyone knows that the marking scheme has loads of amazing sample answers on examintaions .ie yes ?? yes? it brill

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm screwed altogether on tuesday.start of with irish paper 2 and then business straight after.thats a load of crap that i have to cram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Not looking forward to this at all. Such a horrible paper to have after Irish 2.

Anyway,if you know units 1, 2, 3, you'll have the best part of two long questions as well as the ABQ. After that, I think I'll do a bit on ratios; those questions usually aren't too bad. And I guess one of the other management ones...

Basically, yeah cramming like crazy and hoping the paper isn't awkward.

• Advertisement

^^if your doin pass irish you should take note paper 2 is only worth 18%. Dunno bout honours but probably around the same. Pass irish ftw! :)

Doing HL in both and requiring at least a B1. Fun times ahead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

^^if your doin pass irish you should take note paper 2 is only worth 18%. Dunno bout honours but probably around the same. Pass irish ftw! :)

Unfortunately irish paper 2 is worth 30 per cent for us honours students :( still will be cramming more for the business!

30% Ooh thats crap! I havnt looked at an irish book since the night b4 the oral!
    Anyway, know all the acts.. Id nearly be sure ther'll be one on the abq

Anyone willing to make any predictions on whats going to come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

-Ratios

For the ABQ, i'd say there'll be one of:
    -Enterprise characteristics (& skills)
    -Mgt. characteristics & skills

I have a feeling a question on conracts will come up this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Monzo wrote: »
    -Ratios

For the ABQ, i'd say there'll be one of:
    -Enterprise characteristics (& skills)
    -Mgt. characteristics & skills

"Ratios wont come up as they favour Accountancy students" is what a person that has an input into the ABQ said to my class,

They've come up before though, and I'm pretty sure there were Accountancy students then too.... :)

Sure you can do some EU stuff in Geography, that doesn't mean they won't put up a question on the EU, because it would favour Geography students...

EDIT: You won't find ratios on the ABQ at all though, given that they're not to be found in our units...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

They've come up before though, and I'm pretty sure there were Accountancy students then too.... :)

Sure you can do some EU stuff in Geography, that doesn't mean they won't put up a question on the EU, because it would favour Geography students...

Well this year its gonna change. THe EU "stuff" in Geog and Bus are different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

ImJohn wrote: »
    Anyone willing to make any predictions on whats going to come up?

For what part? Learn all the stuff like ratios, contract law, the laws for long q1, and my teacher thinks the EU could be up again. Also learn the ABQ stuff, its easy enough to get marks this year I think, just learn all the skills and characteristics stuff and report writing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I only took Business up this year...

What kind of time do you recommend spending on each part, realistically?

And...
    How do you answer questions correctly.

I do the
    -Def
    -Explain
    -Example

But are you definately allowed answer using bullet points? (and still get full mks?)

Sample answer as promised for the ABQ.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Learn off the format for a report. That often comes up in part 3 of the ABQ.
    I heard ratios could come up and they're fairly easy.
    Not really looking forward to Business, there's a lot to remember and you have to really think of how much to write and how many points are needed in an answer.

blue-army wrote: »

What kind of time do you recommend spending on each part, realistically?

Hopefully this is some help to you, has the timing, marking, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Unreal gav! is there any sample answer on ratios and stuff in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Some ratio questions usually come up in short questions soo handy to know them..

Really dreading this exam, While some of it is common sense, You have to write loads to get a good mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

im thinkin ratios, or else the wage calculations
    how the govt creates a suitable business climate
    community development (no idea why, just have that feelin myself)
    business expansion
    economic variables (tax, inflation, unemployment, grants, interest rates, ect)
    break even could come up in a short question
    laws
    management skills + activities
    enterprise skills + characteristics (theyr treated all as one now:D)
    letter could come up in the ABQ, like complaining about a faulty good (sale of goods and suply of services)

and thats all i think will come up, well.. all i can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lil_dee

Anybody any clues for the business paper on tuesday? ive heard economic variables have a good chance of coming up.. any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Business expansion is a likely question,

And learn the Eu policies and institutions, worth knowing.

Im hoping for a B but too many subjects packed in the few days that i doubt ill get much revision in for this one.

Advertisement