Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rib Eye Steak Dublin

Options
  • 06-06-2009 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am new to Dublin, went to O'Tooles in Terenure looking for good thick bone in Rib-Eye No Luck......Can anyone tell me where to go to get the best, top quality, longest aged cuts of beef in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I'm actually really surprised he didn't have any. Did you try Downey's around the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

believe it or not superquinn have a dry aged rib-eys steak. its yum. I cant find anywhere else to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

foodaholic wrote: »
    believe it or not superquinn have a dry aged rib-eys steak. its yum. I cant find anywhere else to get it

Spot on, they are fab. I've tried them on the BBQ a few times and they are gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Try Ennis Butchers In Rialto. They Dry Age the beef themselves there.

Top quality meats there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Aldi's special brand. The rib-eye is the best I've ever tasted. Tender and tasty, not too much fat and €11.99 for two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Aldi's is amazing, but it's not on the bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1 for aldis ribeye

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

+ 2 Aldi Steak was very good... Angus Steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,378 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Blackjack wrote: »
    Try Ennis Butchers In Rialto. They Dry Age the beef themselves there.

Top quality meats there all the time.
    +1 for Ennis butchers - fantastic spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Xiney wrote: »
    Aldi's is amazing, but it's not on the bone.
    you'd probably have to go to a butcher to get it on the bone. don't remember the last time i saw a supermarket chain with it, but then again, support your local butchers. :)

damn, now i want a big thick steak. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Lawlors in Rathmines is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

vibe666 wrote: »
    you'd probably have to go to a butcher to get it on the bone. don't remember the last time i saw a supermarket chain with it, but then again, support your local butchers. :)
    :D

Superquinns do them this week, on promo Bone-in Rib eye €11.38 per kg

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Superquinns do them this week, on promo Bone-in Rib eye €11.38 per kg
    ttL_45_yS0yjnr1wqMrMEA2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

I bought 2 of the Superquinn bone-in ribeye steaks - they call them Cowboy Steaks - cost about €18.50 for the pair which is exceptional value. They tasted fabulous so I can recommend them. I've actually written a guide to cooking them, which will appear on my site at the end of the week. Basically, season them well, sear for 5 mins either side & then roast at 100c/Gas Mark 1/3 for 30 mins. Rest for 10mins. Heaven on a plate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a Superquinn advert in last Sunday's Independent magazine - their steaks are on special offer at the moment. Their rib-eye steaks are €16.07 per kilo and their bone in rib-eyes are €11.38 per kilo.

I want some now :)

do we know if the offer is still on or when it will end?
    won't get paid till tomorrow, but i'd love a couple of those bad boys. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

vibe666 wrote: »
    do we know if the offer is still on or when it will end?
    won't get paid till tomorrow, but i'd love a couple of those bad boys. :D

I've had a look at the ad and it says it's valid until the 19th 'while stocks last'. It hasn't been BBQ weather so I'm thinking there'll still be plenty left.

i do hope so. might have to pop over at lunch tomorrow and stock up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

The Meat Factory Outlet in Ballymount Industrial Estate.
    If you have not been, go!!!!!!!

They are an outlet attached to the factory and you get seriously good and fresh cuts.
    They have every type of steak you can imagine and sell them by weight, 6oz, 8 oz,10 oz etc.

Don't forget to season your steaks.

Plenty of black pepper and a sprinkling of sea salt just before the steak goes on to a smoking hot pan.
    Cook to own satisfaction, rare, medium rare,

Lower heat and throw in a massive knob of butter. Let it melt and spoon it onto the steak. Ahrgggggggggllllllll (salvating...)

Lift the steak off and let it rest on a warm plate with spoon underneath for 5 mins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The superquinn flyer showed they won a "best in the world" award in a German magazine called Beef!

Our dry-aged ribeye was also awarded the Best Steak In the World by The Beef Magazine in Germany.

in 2010

http://www.irishexaminer.com/text/ireland/kfcwidgbojau/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mitchaul wrote: »
    The Meat Factory Outlet in Ballymount Industrial Estate.
    If you have not been, go!!!!!!!

They are an outlet attached to the factory and you get seriously good and fresh cuts.
    They have every type of steak you can imagine and sell them by weight, 6oz, 8 oz,10 oz etc.

Don't forget to season your steaks.

Plenty of black pepper and a sprinkling of sea salt just before the steak goes on to a smoking hot pan.
    Cook to own satisfaction, rare, medium rare,

Lower heat and throw in a massive knob of butter. Let it melt and spoon it onto the steak. Ahrgggggggggllllllll (salvating...)

Lift the steak off and let it rest on a warm plate with spoon underneath for 5 mins...

Whats the spoon underneath bit about?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Buy a fore rib of beef and cut it yourself. That's what there selling as ribeye anyway.

The definition of rib eye has changed to anything on the fore rib.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement