Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where has Miller gone ?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 8:46pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I know it can still be bought in bottles but my local offy, Superquinn and Tesco have not had cans of Miller for weeks now.

Has it been withdrawn ????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I know it can still be bought in bottles but my local offy, Superquinn and Tesco have not had cans of Miller for weeks now.

Has it been withdrawn ????
    Afaik due to Heineken aquiring Beamish & Crawford (Who brew miller, fosters among others) might affect it, there was a thread on here a while back about it!

Nick

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

yoyo wrote: »
    Afaik due to Heineken aquiring Beamish & Crawford (Who brew miller, fosters among others) might affect it, there was a thread on here a while back about it!

Nick

I searched Miller and had hundreds of results :D must search within this forum.

Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I searched Miller and had hundreds of results :D must search within this forum.

Thanks for that.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58157524&postcount=7

This is the post in question :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Looks like Grolsch Netherlands has gotten the contract to brew it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I seen one of them sitting beside Bruxelles and was wondering about the new look of the keg. Looks nice but it's a keg! Hidden away :) but the real question about them is do they bounce?

Hopefully the cans will reappear, the bottles are a pain as the green bin doesn't take glass :/

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

afaik, and havin worked in a offi for the last six years, when a company gets taken over in the market it normally takes a couple of months for the products to re-appear.....

Strongbow is the latest example because it has been redesigned in a new can and took about a month to show up again.....

so, on the story of miller, the 8 pack of cans are now in a plastic wrapper, instead of the cardboard box, and the barcodes and box design on the bottles have changed so i presume that it will be sorted in the near future!!!

although i know for certain that the single cans have been discontinued in tesco.

Thanks for the replies lads :)

How does Miller can sales stack up versus sales of budweiser etc. I know a the special offer 20 or 24 packs seem to sell really well but are Tesco justified in delisting the cans ??

Miller cans, singles and 8 packs are available in dunnes and should be in most offies by now. Richmond only got them in two or three weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What's the difference between the Gold/Black Miller cans, and the white ones?

I think there was a miller light available in europe. Maybe it's being released over here ???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Des wrote: »
    What's the difference between the Gold/Black Miller cans, and the white ones?
    The white ones are Miller Pils -- a UK special I believe. Dunno who brews it. I don't think there is a UK BUL version of Miller Genuine Draft (the gold and black one).

Advertisement