Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

applying for gards in college?

• 06-06-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi, was just wonderin if anyone could give me advice..im going into second year college in sept, just doing a general arts degree. after college i really want to join the guards. i dont know much about the recruitment or training process but iv registered with publicjobs.ie. i was just wondering if there is anyway of knowing when the next recruitments will take place and how long it will take after you apply? if a recruitment drive happens during the next two college years should a apply or should i leave it till i finish 3rd year? any help is really appreciated:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

there's not meant to be a recruitment cycle for the next year or two. They put a stop on recruitment and promotion in the garda siochana and the defence forces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

OP this same topic is being discussed on alot of other threads on the ES Recruitment forum so for more information please look here

My advice to you is continue with your college education until the next recruitment campaign begins and apply then. Even after you apply stay in college and then consider your options if you are accepted.

Hope that helps

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement