Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Cavan???

Options
  • 06-06-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Rite,

Im moving into cavan, and just wondering, whats there to do in the evenings and weekends apart from the pub, the cinema or going bowling/playing pool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HungOver

god love ya.... :P
    i live in cavan but i really need to get out of it.. (me bein a bit of a traveller)
    i use to work in the swimming pool so could tell ya theres a good few different classes that go on in there.. kickboxing, ballet, (use to be ) hip hop dance classes, judo, circuit training, aqua aerobics etc... the kickboxing is very good, as its a serious/fun workout..
    besides that theres bingo a few of the nites during the week and then ya have the local pubs and clubs etc..
    if ur into gaa ul find a club handy too, well into gaa round here..
    theres a few astra turf pitches around also and theres always people looking for players and there does be 5 a side leagues everynow and again too...

basicly, ya have to look around to do the stuff.. but all in all the people u'l meet wont be a bad bunch now. :)

steven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

HungOver wrote: »
    god love ya.... :P
    i live in cavan but i really need to get out of it.. (me bein a bit of a traveller)
    i use to work in the swimming pool so could tell ya theres a good few different classes that go on in there.. kickboxing, ballet, (use to be ) hip hop dance classes, judo, circuit training, aqua aerobics etc... the kickboxing is very good, as its a serious/fun workout..
    besides that theres bingo a few of the nites during the week and then ya have the local pubs and clubs etc..
    if ur into gaa ul find a club handy too, well into gaa round here..
    theres a few astra turf pitches around also and theres always people looking for players and there does be 5 a side leagues everynow and again too...

basicly, ya have to look around to do the stuff.. but all in all the people u'l meet wont be a bad bunch now. :)

steven

Well im gonna be based near enough to the swimming pool, so thats a good place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Fill in the potholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

Any places to go outdoor swimming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

swellan lake near cavan town/ annagh lake near butlersbridge/ killykeen out past the radisson are all good for swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Do what everyone else in Cavan does. Mind your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nia121

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Do what everyone else in Cavan does. Mind your money!

Mind your money??? in the pub with the rest of them......great drinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Cavan seems attractive to me;family originally from there and thought about some research there,staying there for awhile but I listened to Liveline replay and it appears the town is plagued by a lowlife young gang

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭celt262

Cavan seems attractive to me;family originally from there and thought about some research there,staying there for awhile but I listened to Liveline replay and it appears the town is plagued by a lowlife young gang

When you went to the bother of editing you could have fixed all your errors. I live in the town and have never had any bother, that scum will be rounded up soon.

There,there ,there now,my humblest apologies Celt262,I am inclined to be error prone when tired.Good to know that there are strong, assertive residents in Cavan Town.It's reassuring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

Yes, law and order has broken down. I'm hiding in my bedroom living on tins of beans and some out of date vitamin pills. In the distance I hear screams and explosions. How is everyone else doing?

Probably too late to reply but have alerted ERU.Would some Mars bars fit through your letter box?Maybe it's sealed.Too late surely to recommend an abortion clinic to mothers of the Chav gang

Advertisement