Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spina bifida

Options
  • 06-06-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi any fellow spina bifiders out there. I'm 45, female and was born with spina bifida but luckily can walk (with limp) as it just affected my right leg and sort of pelvic area. anyone else out there who might like to bitch, moan, giggle about the vagaries of spina bifida :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Born with Spina Bifida too. I cant walk, so I use a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chardonnay

hows it going mental m.? any news?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

have it as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

i have it as well, i cant walk i also use a chair

I blame my spina bifidan on everything - man problems, work problems you name it. what would we do without it....

how are you managing?

Chardonnay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

chardonnay wrote: »
    I blame my spina bifidan on everything - man problems, work problems you name it. what would we do without it....

how are you managing?

Chardonnay

I blame my women problems on my spina bifida too.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

God I love your attitude towards your disability! I'm the exact same towards me dead dad LOL, and I hope my unborn child is the exact same and laughs and jokes about it!!

Anyway, how is life with Spina Bifida? I have a baby coming in 10 weeks today that has been diagnosed with it, but we don't know how serious it is going to be until the baby is born.

I'm sort of very relaxed with the whole thing, thinking that it's not really going to affect the babies life, as it will just be a natural thing to it!

It would be worse for someone that had the use of their legs for 20 odd years, then lost them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

It would be worse for someone that had the use of their legs for 20 odd years, then lost them.

Or be like many people who have the use of their legs but are too damn lazy to get off their arse and do something with them,

God I love your attitude towards your disability! I'm the exact same towards me dead dad LOL, and I hope my unborn child is the exact same and laughs and jokes about it!!

Anyway, how is life with Spina Bifida? I have a baby coming in 10 weeks today that has been diagnosed with it, but we don't know how serious it is going to be until the baby is born.

I'm sort of very relaxed with the whole thing, thinking that it's not really going to affect the babies life, as it will just be a natural thing to it!

Hi there,

I was wondering how your baby is?

Advertisement