Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decorative gravel...

Options
  • 06-06-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm being charged 700 euro for 4 tonnes of decorative gravel, and while it looks nice (20mm New Forest Gold), the price seems a little excessive to me. Can anyone confirm that that's about the going rate? As it is I've only put down a 50 euro deposit, if it turns out I can get it a lot cheaper somewhere else, I'm thinking I can just take the hit and lose the 50 quid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monke

sunds a bit dear alright. you should try a place in ashford co.wicklow called o reilly brothers. the adress is ballylust ashford co.wicklow. they do lovely stone. should only cost you around 300 to 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sforsyth

Cheers Monke, just had a quick look on the web for them, and it looks like they only do Ballylusk Quartzite and Wicklow granite, I was hoping for a particular colour and size. Nice to know the price didn't just strike me as over the top though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I've just bought 10 tonne of lite gold delivered for €600. It's not an exact match for your colour, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
    Have a look at http://www.glenviewnaturalstone.ie/stone_products.html

That's great Qwerty?, thanks for that! I've sent them off an email, and will wait to see what they come back with. The colour isn't set in stone yet (if you'll excuse the terrible pun), so maybe some of their stuff will do grand (especially if it means I save a few hundred quid!).

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

National stone yard on N2 (Bullstown)reasonable prices.

• Advertisement

Cheers k123456, I'll check them out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greenfingers

check out allscape.ie they are based in lucan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sforsyth wrote: »
    I'm being charged 700 euro for 4 tonnes of decorative gravel, and while it looks nice (20mm New Forest Gold), the price seems a little excessive to me. Can anyone confirm that that's about the going rate? As it is I've only put down a 50 euro deposit, if it turns out I can get it a lot cheaper somewhere else, I'm thinking I can just take the hit and lose the 50 quid.

Grange Builders Providers/Homevalue Hardware in Baldoyle.

I recently ordered 2 tons of Glenview 14mm mixed gravel for my garden.145 euro a ton delievered to my doorstep.Also same day delievery too.:D

You are being ripped off with that price.:mad:

100_1447.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. Turns out Forge Paving Centre are doing 70 euro per tonne bag, so I've gone ahead and ordered with them. I was going to check out the Lucan based place for the sleepers I need, but they look like they might just be for trade, as you have to register on their site just to see their prices!

Paddy147, can I ask you where you got your sleepers from? They look great, as does your garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

paddy147 wrote: »
    145 euro a ton delievered to my doorstep.Also same day delievery too.:D

:eek: Some shops still are still charging way over the odds.

Forge Paving Centres price was very good. Well worth shopping around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement