Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1999 3 Door Ford Focus

• 07-06-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Looking for some advice. I'm looking into buying a 3 door focus either year 1999 or 2000. I viewed one today fab car perfect condition but the only thing putting me off buying it is the steering wheel which is a sparco steering wheel..... When i drove the car I found the steering very tight it felt like it had no power steering also it has no air bag...

I was wondering whether or not it'd be a costly job to buy a genuine ford focus steering wheel and get it installed??

Any help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did you have the car poperly checked for evidence of crash damage? OE steering wheels with airbags can be very expensive so they can sometimes be replaced by a cheaper alternative after crashes that cause a deployment.
    That might not be the reason in this case, but I'd definately check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

You can pick them up in breakers or eBay cheap enough - but I'd get the airbag fitted by a main dealer for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 knat

Stekelly wrote: »
    Did you have the car poperly checked for evidence of crash damage? OE steering wheels with airbags can be very expensive so they can sometimes be replaced by a cheaper alternative after crashes that cause a deployment.
    That might not be the reason in this case, but I'd definately check.

No I didnt not yet I am going to get a mechanic to have a look during the week. Thanks for the advice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

probably the powersteering pump is gone, i had 00 focus 1.6, and the steering was working very light, so it shudnt be anywhere near hard to steer....new pump mite cost u round 350 or more euros....oh yeah a deres no airbags in a/m steering wheels, so if u crash(god forbid) u will smack ur head against the wheel, if you put a/m steering wheel wif no airbag, u need a seat with 3/4 point harness for ur own safety!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

aftermarket steering wheel usually = crash damage/boy racer

either way, buy something else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement