Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probability

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Ya i love probability! but for those of you saying its a risk, it shouldn't be if you have prepared for others questions.

it takes about 15 minutes to do both prob questions so you have plenty of time to tackle everything else, although for me personally i'd be avoiding vectors cuz they just annoy me!

So i say if your half thinking about doing them, why not give them a shot? If you even partially understand them you should give them a quick look over before tomorrow. Paper 2 is far easier to revise for than paper 1.

Now lets just hope for a nice paper tomorrow!;)

(i always get worried when i see a straight forward paper 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah me too, I'm worried cos paper 1 was fairly easy. and paper 2 is my worst paper so I hope it's not hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

It's a lovely straightforward logical question, only problem is it's easy to make one little tiny slip which makes everything go wrong for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

yeah me too, I'm worried cos paper 1 was fairly easy. and paper 2 is my worst paper so I hope it's not hard

I'm glad somebody is in the same boat as me! :p

I wonder if it will be different from previous years? because paper 1 was a bit all over the place on friday!

I know this isn't probability but for the option section is there only 4 things they ask you on it?
    maclaurins series
    max/min thing
    ratio test
    integration by parts

is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I know this isn't probability but for the option section is there only 4 things they ask you on it?
    maclaurins series
    max/min thing
    ratio test
    integration by parts

is that it?

Yes. Couldn't be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Hate it!!

I hate the fact its all englishy, not mathsy, and you never know if your right or not!

Ill be trying the first 5 questions, but if theres anything tricky in them i may have to look at prob, i find stats and difference equations deadly though, so probability is just a pain!

I have to learn all that cos I never could do it :o
    going over vectors now and they're actually kind of hard! I nearly mind leave them out, I don't really get them. I remember them being easy though

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

i love the way it counts for 25 per cent of my whole grade and after **** paper 1 i could do with a few easy per cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

i love the way it counts for 25 per cent of my whole grade and after **** paper 1 i could do with a few easy per cent

What counts as 25%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

16.6% ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭platypus

You get attempt marks in probability if either top or bottom line is correct. This is important because its usually easy to get bottom line correct.

For example box with 10 counters, 5 red, 3 green 2 blue. If you are asked for P(3 red), the anwer would be (5C3)/(10C3) or 5/10*4/9*3/8. If your bottom line is 10C3 or 10*9*8 you get attempt mark at least. (the bottom line would be the same for any problem taking 3 items at random from 10 without replacement)

GL to all with P2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

awhir wrote: »
    16.6% ;)

fuher probability for the world 25 per cent ;)

Advertisement