Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 205w product registration - help please

Options
  • 07-06-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

My 205w finally arrived and I wanted to register it on the site and see all is up-to-date with it etc.

I'm having no joy with it though.
    I've had to resort to sending a support email for it, as their site won't find the gps connected to my pc.

Is it worth registering?
    What checks / updates should I do on a newly arrived unit like this (got uk+irl maps)?
    How do you find what versions your unit has for maps, internal software etc?

Any help/input much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Howitzer

See my mail to Garmin below:

"I am trying to register my nuvi 205w s/n 1XXXXXXX2 with no success. I have downloaded and successfully installed the Garmin Communicator Plug In (firefox version - internet explorer version did not work). I click find devices and nothing happens. I have tried to install USBDrivers_221.exe too to help. This does not work either. I am told "You must turn on and connect your Garmin GPS to the computer to continue." despite the unit being on and connected by usb cable. The usb cable is fine and the unit can recharge from it. My computer has no usb issues. Please help further with this registration."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

ok - for the record the solution here was to change usb cables... odd - never encountered that one before!

Advertisement