Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beamish Red

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

The most heavenly ale with a proper stout head. Used be sold by An Spailpin Fanach across from Beamish brewery in Cork. No longer being brewed disgracefully since Heineken takeover.

I want to put forward a motion to get it back. If you've tried it you certainly know what I mean and if not you seriously need the opportunity to taste liquid heaven.

So who's with me? Have you experienced it? How great is it really?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

It was alright. a fairly bland ale. Was it really that different from Smithwicks, Bass and MacArdles?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

Very bland ale,

I wont miss it next time Im in an airport or an Irish bar in any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

GymJim wrote: »
    No longer being brewed disgracefully since Heineken takeover.

Not really that how work international brands work they are not going to keep two similar brands. But if you have issue with how they work don't buy their produce and please try supporting some like Franciscan Well and their rebel red
    GymJim wrote: »
    So who's with me? Have you experienced it? How great is it really?

Nothing fantastic, it was just nice to have an extra option from the usually

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

oblivious wrote: »
    Nothing fantastic, it was just nice to have an extra option from the usually
    +1
    oblivious wrote: »
    they are not going to keep two similar brands.
    Except that's not the case here. It's more that they are aware red ale doesn't sell in Ireland and, having killed off their own some years back, see no reason to support another.

Drink up, Smithwick's, Kilkenny and Macardles fans: industrial Irish red is on the way out. Viva Rebel Red, Rusty and Porterhouse Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Except that's not the case here.

Sorry was thinking of lager not red ale:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement