Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocked ports with eircom BB?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

i'm trying to get a shoutcast server up and running. i've been reading, and fiddling, for more than 3 hours now. keep getting "connectioin refused" errors for any ports that i've tried (so desperately) to open. i have the di-624 router, ... and a headache. i'm perfectly familiar with opening/forwarding ports on routers, i gave my machine a static ip, i've tried with and without dmz enabled, i've tried various ports between 200/201 - 8000/8001. the only unexhausted solution (so far as i can see it) is the possibility that eircom blocks certain ports. ... dastardly thing is that i can't even get port 80 to show up as open. port forwarding was never a problem with my irish broadband account. i've studied and tweaked documentation and settings for the router, i've memorised portforward.com, i've fiddled with ddns, ... i'm basically at the end of my rope here, asking for any advice, direction, pointers, anything that would help get my setup working. oh, and i'm running xp sp3, and yes, have tried disabling the inherent win firewall (after enabling the relevant port ranges in the Exceptions). still no dice.
    any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Eircom dont block any ports, so you must be doing something wrong on your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Have you tried resetting the router with the tiny push button at the back ? Im on eircom too and dont have any any issues with ports blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

cheers for the replies, but i did figure it out. was a matter of configuring 2 routers together *grumble* *long story*

thx again, all sorted.
    give a listen if ya like :)
    http://86.42.156.222:8000/listen.pls

Advertisement