Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, a girl in my centre's phone went off...

Options
  • 07-06-2009 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

...mid-way through the exam.

She wasn't using it or anything. She looked absolutely horrified when the dulcet tones of Jay-Z started blaring out of the fecking yoke.

Examiner was all "Could the person with the phone please bring it up?".

Nobody moved.

"Please, I have to report this, and the person needs to give me the phone."

"Look, I know who it was, and it would make my life a lot easier if you'd just hand in the phone".

"Right, you'll be getting reported then"

So anyone know what happens now ?

I just realised he could have thought it was me....gah ! Its a fairly stupid thing to do though, to be fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sounds like he just didn't want to embarrass himself my standing roughly where the phone sounded like it was and possibly accusing the wrong person or asking people to turn out their pockets. I think if he was to report someone for having a phone, he'd have to be 100% it was actually them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Dub973

Junior cert-nothing would happen only it would be logged

Leaving cert-it won't be left at that,further action will definitely be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

what an idiot to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

He has no grounds to report anyone. If he did report anyone they'd have to be informed and then they could ask for proof of the incident and all the inviglator would have "err I heard a sound over there." So really He must be bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

He'll just fill it out on the incident form at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

when i was doing my junior cert maths, the pass crowd got out half an hour earlier and one lad rang one of the more "dozy" members of our class, asking him where he was going for lunch. everyone was just laughing......as was the superintendant when the persistent caller rang again.....nothing happened.

but yeah, junior cert. innocent times....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Yeah my phone went off during the JC, I immediately turned it off. The supervisor came over and was really nice to me, she was asking was I allright and saying it happens all the time. got a slight shock at first though, thought my paper might be cancelled!

Advertisement