Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Listening

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

It's just dawned on me that we have the irish listening test tomorrow and I want to practise a listening test.

However I cant find my disc. Is there anywhere on the internet that I can listen to these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Not sure but if you're really stuck I'd suggest listening to RnaG / TG4's Nuacht for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

you can download the audiofiles where you get the exam papers on www.examinations.ie for recent yrs anyway...maybe not all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

God, Monday is so ridiculous, everyone's going to be very tired after Maths Paper 2 and Irish Paper 1, and then we have to do a listening test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Occono wrote: »
    God, Monday is so ridiculous, everyone's going to be very tired after Maths Paper 2 and Irish Paper 1, and then we have to do a listening test?

Would you rather do it after Irish paper 2? I think Monday is grand. Friday, on the other hand was horrible. I was wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

^Yeah I would, I'd be less tired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Louth county council should have the pirated MP3 of the Irish aural on their site, check it out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yep the examinations.ie website. They've audio files back to 2001 as far as I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

its on tomorrow ! fcuk !!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

ah yeah fcuking Louth will prob hand out fcuking history papers 2moro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

SHHIIIITTT.. Didn't know that was tomorrow D:

Im defo hitting examinations.ie

They do sound files for all previous years :)

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&ty=e

Then go to drop down boxes etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

what vocab is esential for the listening that I should go over? weather, names of ministers, numbers - what else?

Its absurd to have the listening after sitting two other exams. My brain is fried after one exam, never mind two - and lumping in another after it? what are we meant to be, machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

The tape test is on after the written. What if you leave the exam early?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Personally I'd prefer the listening before the written exam, like it was for the JC

(...err I think anyway, but that was a long time ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Delta Kilo wrote: »

Don't, where are you hurrying off to? Best to read over your paper and keep Irish in your noggin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'd prefer the aurals around the time of the orals.

Apparently it's essential that you don't make any mistakes on the spelling of the placenames, otherwise you get zero marks. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

actually, NUI Maynooth have some handy clips from TG4 with a variety of questions for all levels. Don't let the fact that it's third level put you off, it's just from the TG4 Nuacht.

http://www.nuim.ie/language/vifax/0708.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    There's time in between the two (Just ten minutes between higher written ends and higher listening starts, but 40 minutes between for Ordinary students), so there's no problem with you leaving, as long as you're sure to be back in time for the listening exam I think, if there would be a problem with leaving your supervisor will tell you, so make sure you listen to what he/she says at the start, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Oh gawd I'd forgotten about the listening. My two weaknesses: Irish and listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Monzo wrote: »
    I'd prefer the aurals around the time of the orals.

Apparently it's essential that you don't make any mistakes on the spelling of the placenames, otherwise you get zero marks. :/
    Dont think so. You'll lose some marks for bad spelling overall (ie. mechanics) but not specifically for placenames.

What you're probably thinking of is giving placenames in english, or something like english. That'll get you zero marks in that particular question :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Kiara. wrote: »
    SHHIIIITTT.. Didn't know that was tomorrow D:

Im defo hitting examinations.ie

They do sound files for all previous years :)

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&ty=e

Then go to drop down boxes etc..

nice one

• Advertisement
Advertisement