Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hubby broke neighbours power washer

Options
  • 07-06-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is the right section of the forum.. But surely my hubby isnt the first person to break a power washer..

Somehow when he was leaving the power washer back to the neighbours, the electricity cable got wrapped around the wheel & stripped back the cable to expose the copper wires.

Im sure that the power washer would still work, its just that the cables are stripped back at the water inlet, so would get wet. With other applicances I would repair it myself, but I am not sure that the standard insulating tape fix would work in this case.

I am living in the midlands, do any of ye know anyone who would be able to fix it for me?? BTW its a standard argos own brand 2200 washer

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Most electricians would be able to replace the cable for you.

You could also ask one of the service guys in your local tool hire place to do it.

Electrical tape is not a viable repair on a power flex on any type of equipment, especially on a power washer or tool of any kind that may come in contact with moisture.

Regards,

Fries.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You're right to take no chances, water and electricity don't mix well!

The cable is damaged at the machine so any electrician can shorten the lead removing the damaged section and re-terminate at little or no expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rej

Thanks for that.. Not as bad as I had originally thought so. There is a tool hire plant down the road, so ill get himself to drop it in there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Rej wrote: »
    With other applicances I would repair it myself, but I am not sure that the standard insulating tape fix would work in this case.

That's not a repair and should never be used for any length of time.

Advertisement