Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the delusion begins...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

mfitzy wrote: »
    According to that great political expert, Eoghan Harris, this is a good result for his beloved FF according to himself anyhow. He didn't dwell on his old pal Bertie's brother drubbing in Bertie's heartland. Highlight of the election for me ;)
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/eoghan-harris/ff-has-nowhere-to-go-but-up-1764666.html

The man is deluded. Given that this, given that that, given that the other. This clown is supposed to be a journalist. In older days of real journalists and a decent press, the proof readers would have shovelled that article back in his face and the editor would surely have prepared his P.45.

Still, it sells paper for the Sindo and that's what counts these days. How anyone buys that rag astounds me. I even have eye strain reading the headlines online.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's not Eoghan Harris, it's Eoghan Corry and much as I enjoy a good Sindo bashing he makes some valid points and offers a not unreasonable analysis of where they are and why they are there. In the next local elections they can probably go no lower and may even win some seats. If we have had a couple of years of Labour/FG pain they could do better than that. That doesn't mean they are going to be back in government any time soon. Unless FG/Labour make a dog's dinner of it they could be out in the cold for two Dails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Heinrich wrote: »
    The man is deluded.

Thats both unfair and harsh.

He's paying off his Seanad seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I know that Eoghan Harris has a great propensity to interpret the world in strange ways, where the only recurrent idea is that "Harris is right".

But the byline on this piece is Eoghan Corry.

[I see that is_that_so got in with the correction before I did. That's because I went off to have another look at the piece before posting, and decided that it is not worth discussing any of Corry's nonsense.]

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's not Eoghan Harris, it's Eoghan Corry and much as I enjoy a good Sindo bashing he makes some valid points and offers a not unreasonable analysis of where they are and why they are there. In the next local elections they can probably go no lower and may even win some seats. If we have had a couple of years of Labour/FG pain they could do better than that. That doesn't mean they are going to be back in government any time soon. Unless FG/Labour make a dog's dinner of it they could be out in the cold for two Dails.

Dear me I misread. However this guy's ramblings are so close to our "esteemed" senator that one might seek indulgence for this error. ;)

I do not agree with his points, he sounds like the last buzz of that infamous dying wasp...

The country is going to hell in a FF motorised handcart, has been doing so for quite some time now and we are down to analysing what went wrong and who can we blame. Even today we cannot attribute this to bad FG leadership. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is there a link to the Eoghan Harris article?

The one in post 1 is written by somebody else

Or maybe I'm missing something obvious :confused:

mikemac wrote: »
    Is there a link to the Eoghan Harris article?

The one in post 1 is written by somebody else

Or maybe I'm missing something obvious :confused:

See several posts above. Nothing missed, nothing to see - please move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Heinrich wrote: »
    please move on!

Yes, and I edited my post to show this before you quoted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Harris at the top, Corry at the bottom.....
    You are here: Home > Opinion > Columnists > Eoghan Harris

FF has nowhere to go but up

By Eoghan Corry
    Sunday June 07 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Ah well, at least the Sindo isn't trying to blame the Provo's and Sinn Fein for everything anymore from global warming to the unhealthy tendencies of Afghanistan to supply the world with opium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL I wonder was he wearing a cheerleaders outfit when he wrote that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Newspapers... heh... how retro.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

Bertie Ahern, the one's the Taoiseach chooses.....

he does not want an election cause then he may not be a senator any more.... 'cui bono' or who benefits as they ask at the Courts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I read somewhere that Brian Lenihan is blaming the FF candidate selection process for the slight glitch over the last couple of days. I like a dry sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Once Fine Gael get in he,ll become their lickarse apologist.The mans had more political positions than I,ve had hot dinners.He was John Brutons adviser at one point so i,ve no doubt he,ll try to worm back into their good graces.

Before that he,ll find something to pontificately praise about FGs new economic/northern policies.He,ll announce that that policy changes everything and has convinced him to support the new power.The old Marxist Sticky Blueshirt Unionist Generalissimo of Destiny truly is shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We've been subjected to a lot of delusion over the past 5 years if not longer.:rolleyes:

Advertisement