Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain?(CF cards)

• 07-06-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well,needed some new memory and decided to check mymemory.co.uk,Found sandisk ultra III CF cards for a good price,
    Although they are refurbs they have a one year warranty so obviously refurbished by sandisk or someone sandisk recommended
    Any way prices are
    Ultra III 2GB :£8.99
    Ultra III 4GB :£14.99

Postage worldwide is free so seems like a good deal
    Link

Also they come with recovery software

I assume they are cheap because ultra II cards on the same site are £11.99 and they are reduced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thats good, i got my extreme 3 (the 30mbs one) for 17 sterling before christmas but 14 is a good price and free delivery!

Edit: i found a better one. http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-Flash-Cards/Kingston/Kingston-8GB-133X-ELITE-PRO-Compact-Flash-Card

I have a 133x kingston 2gb and i cant tell the difference in the camera, only when transferring to pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I also have Extreme III card, however it's 30Mb/s unlike the ones you are asking about. I bought it for about 18 Euro, so I do not think this is a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

landyman wrote: »
    Thats good, i got my extreme 3 (the 30mbs one) for 17 sterling before christmas but 14 is a good price and free delivery!

Edit: i found a better one. http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-Flash-Cards/Kingston/Kingston-8GB-133X-ELITE-PRO-Compact-Flash-Card

I have a 133x kingston 2gb and i cant tell the difference in the camera, only when transferring to pc.
    Rather sandisk myself,Have seen tests and i'd just rather stick with sandisk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

sasar wrote: »
    I also have Extreme III card, however it's 30Mb/s unlike the ones you are asking about. I bought it for about 18 Euro, so I do not think this is a good deal.

Saw those on the site,They're £10 more for a 4GB and TBH my ultra II 15mb/s is quick enough in my 1D so 20 mb/s will be fine

Also buy a good bit off mymemory never had as issue with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Ricky, I don't think you will see any difference in camera, since camera memory buffers eliminate any shot-to-shot delay. However you will see a major improvement on downloading your shots to pc with a faster card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm assuming everyone knows that even the 'reputable' sellers on ebay are flogging fake sandisk cards?

i got a 2gb extreme III off an ebay powerseller in the UK and it was slower than a generic card i'd bought on ebay 2 years previously. ebay weren't interested in him flogging fakes though, even when i offered to bring it in to them to prove it they insisted i resolve my 'issue' directly with the seller. i wasn't interested in his send it back to me and i'll refund you, as he would have gone back to selling fakes to other users and ebay are obviously not bothered anyway.

i also ordered a card off amazon with an olympus e-420 and a couple of other bits, all of which it said were plenty in stock, but the sandisk card was going to take over a month to arrive despite the camera etc. arriving in a few days. apparently 'in stock' means in stock at thier supplier, not in stock with them. :(

ordered off memoryc in the end about 2:30pm and it arrived the following morning. cost slightly more, but it was worth it to have it shipped in good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Would recommend considering www.shop4memory.com based in Celbridge too... they allow pickups if time is of the essence...but best call them in advance to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Would recommend considering www.shop4memory.com based in Celbridge too... they allow pickups if time is of the essence...but best call them in advance to confirm.

Not if there looking for 45 euro for a sandisk extreme 3 4gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Fair enough...I didn't check prices of OP items/specifics. Have been very happy with value from them on several things in the past though, and ability to collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Amazon were selling the 30mb/sec SanDisk CompactFlash 4GB Extreme III cards recently for £17.99 which was a fantastic price....unfortunately they're gone back up to £25.45.

Edit...just found the 30mb/sec SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash 4GB cards for £19.99 from 7dayshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Nforce wrote: »
    Amazon were selling the 30mb/sec SanDisk CompactFlash 4GB Extreme III cards recently for £17.99 which was a fantastic price....unfortunately they're gone back up to £25.45.
    yep, that would have been when i got my e-420 off them and they couldn't deliver the sandisk card for over a month despite saying it was in stock when i bought the camera.

i thought £18 seemed cheap at the time, i think i paid 25 at memoryc in the end (afaik) but it was well worth it to get it next day.

Advertisement