Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting Irish Essay OL

Options
  • 07-06-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

You know...it was a dark night.., timpiste etc etc for OL P1 tomorrow. Anything I can study off would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

An Luan a bhí ann, an ceathrú lá deag de Mhárta. Bhí sé a hocht a chlog ar maidin. Bhí mé ar mo shlí ar scoil. Bhí sé ag stealladh baistí. Bhí uisce ina luí gach áit ar an mbothar. Bhí mé ag rothaíocht. Go tobann, chonaic mé leoraí ag teacht i mo threo. Rothaigh mé ar nos na gaoithe. Ach, creid no na creid, bhuail an leoraí mo rothar.

Mo rothar ó smacht agus ar ndóigh thit mé ar an mbothar. Bhí an tiománaí ag stánadh orm. Ach, ansin chuir sé fios ar an t-otharcharr. Tháinig an t-otharcharr gan mhoill. Cúpla nóiméad ina dhiadh sin tháinig an gardaí.

....there's a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

is that HL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Beau x1 wrote: »
    is that HL?

Nope, I do OL. HL wouldn't accept such quality. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Beau x1 wrote: »
    is that HL?

Haha, I'm doing ordinary - you just need basic Irish grammar and vocab, nothing specific. My essay basically starts off: "Bhi me i mo leaba. Bhi me sasta. Go toban, chuala me an gleo uafasach. Bhi me mo chlog duisithe. Bhi se an la scoile!" It's appalling, but all you need is simple, easy Irish and you'll do fine.

Haha, I'm doing ordinary - you just need basic Irish grammar and vocab, nothing specific. My essay basically starts off: "Bhi me i mo leaba. Bhi me sasta. Go toban, chuala me an gleo uafasach. Bhi me mo chlog duisithe. Bhi se an la scoile!" It's appalling, but all you need is simple, easy Irish and you'll do fine.
    haha, go raibh maith agat. thats what i wanted to chuala.

• Advertisement

No prob. If you're any way decent at the comprehensions you'll be fine.

The aural is impossible though, always something about mary harney or something ridiculous like that. I'm screwed for it.

As for P2, I'm just going to do Gealt and hand the paper up. Then cram for business.

Yeah the aural is appalling. Luckily we had a really nice oral examiner who made it as easy as possible for us, so hopefully it will cancel out. Paper 2 is a bummer, I'll be fine for Clare sa Speir and the question-answer bit on the poet, but probably not. Ah well.

Yeah the aural is appalling. Luckily we had a really nice oral examiner who made it as easy as possible for us, so hopefully it will cancel out. Paper 2 is a bummer, I'll be fine for Clare sa Speir and the question-answer bit on the poet, but probably not. Ah well.
    don't worry, they'll pass us out of pity. thats the joy of pass irish

Advertisement