Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi cashier

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭

:mad: Ok more of a rant than a comsumer issue I suppose.. Just in Adli there with the folks getting our weekly bits and bobs. As I brought the tolley around (you know the way you have to bring it around the front in Aldi/Lidl..) I was ordered (not asked) by the (irish) cashier to lift the bags out of the trolley to make sure there was nothing left in the trolley. WTF?! They were 2 small M&S bags in the bottom of the trolley- the ones that fold flat so clearly nothing under them. I resent the fact that the cashier basically accused me of leaving stuff in the trolley and covering it with bags! I'm short and look young for my age so I get people talking down to me like I'm a kid from time to time but I'm 31 ffs. I was speachless/embarrassed at the time and did what I was told and filled up the trolley as normal. My dad was out of earshot holding a table on the conveyor belt so missed the whole thing but when he heard he was going to walk out of the shop. We told him to leave it because he has a habit of going balastic at people when he complains and then we can't ever go into the shop again for fear of being recognised!:rolleyes: Thinking back now I'm pissed off and wish I had of said something but I was up late with work and just wanted to get the shopping, come home and chill out. None of the other shoppers in there were asked to remove their bags (I watched to see if this was the case) and I feel like the cashier singled me out cos I look younger than I am. Is there any point emailing them to complain?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement