Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikini Waxing

• 07-06-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I am absolutely SICK of shaving. The irritation starts before you're even home! I'm going on a weekend away with the new boy, and I would like to be able to keep my legs and bikini line smooth for the entire thing.

Can anyone recommend a decent home bikini wax thats not too difficult to apply. I would prefer one for sensitive skin I think.

Also after care... any creams that will soothe it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

go to a salon and have it done by a pro . ...then get all your gen there ,
    wont cost too much and you will save in the future . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Can any one recommend a good place... I've never had it done before, do you keep your underwear on or what. HELP!

Can any one recommend a good place... I've never had it done before, do you keep your underwear on or what. HELP!

sure, .....brazillia in South William St. . ring 6750000 re. info.
    oh and you get to keep your knickers on girl .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Hi, Waxperts in Dunlaoighre is also a really great salon. It's €57 for a hollywood but if you rebook your next one there it will only be €50.
    They use hot wax, so much less painful than strip wax. And you do take your knickers off, but they are used to it, so don't be embarrassed.
    Oh and take two nurofen plus about 30 mins before you get it done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

bod-i salon in tyrellstown,018272314, i get brazilian there and you keep your knickers on for that. im relatively new to the whole waxing experience and must say they make you feel very comfortable there. i was motrified first time going in but the girls just chat away to you like you were getting your hair blow dried they have seen it all before!!!

• Advertisement

I dont want a full hollywood but a landing strip seems too much. when i shave i usually only leave a teeny tiny strip (to avoid the 12 year old look) what will i ask for? im mortified trying to explain!

Also what is a good wax for the legs. Im throwing myself into this waxing lark wholeheartedly, and how many days is it usually before you feel stubble?

I dont want a full hollywood but a landing strip seems too much. when i shave i usually only leave a teeny tiny strip (to avoid the 12 year old look) what will i ask for? im mortified trying to explain!

Also what is a good wax for the legs. Im throwing myself into this waxing lark wholeheartedly, and how many days is it usually before you feel stubble?

Hi Insert Gear, Veet do good waxes for body and for face too, expect 3 to 4 weeks re. body , face , dont know. Re. goin to a salon for a pro. job, bikini explains itself, brazillian a bit closer to nearest and dearest if you know what i mean,then you could have the whole damn forest defoliated :eek: oooh chilly,
    they wont make you feel morto as its there job ....good luck, valery. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

12 year old look??

Also, can anyone recommend shaving cream or depilatory cream thats good for senstitive skin? and i mean sensitive.....Gilette Satin Care Sensitive is a bit harsh even!

panda142 wrote: »
    12 year old look??

Also, can anyone recommend shaving cream or depilatory cream thats good for senstitive skin? and i mean sensitive.....Gilette Satin Care Sensitive is a bit harsh even!

Thread from a few weeks back was re. using conditioner ....thats hair conditioner as a shaving cream. before that though , if ur that senitive you should wait for INFORMED advice .....

Ok, I think Ill get the bikini done tomorrow... and then do my legs myself during the week. oh gawd... he better be worth it.

Thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

If your not used to waxing you should consider having your legs done in the salon at the same time as your bikini!! It's not as easy as it looks, especially on your legs because it's really awkward trying to reach certain parts of your legs, especially the back of your calves!! I tried to wax my own legs before ever getting them done in a salon and I gave up after 2 or 3 strips!! :o
    After getting them done a few times in the salon and observing everything I tried it myself, I do it myself still sometimes but it's so much easier for the salon! It's quicker, the pain is dragged out as long and the results last longer! If you can afford it I would definitely get them done professionally! :D
    Good luck! :) The beauticians see people all the time too so don't be embarrassed!! :cool:

Damn, apparently you need a 48 hour patch test...and I have to have it done by thursday, and I wouldnt have time to get to a salon during the week cos Im in work.

Leg waxing is too expensive for me im afraid!

Looks like I'm going to have to attempt the home kits

Ring around different salons! Some of them will just ask if you have had it done before, say yes!! I know if you have an allergic reaction or something to it then it will suck but you could just as easily have a reaction to the home kits!
    I would not recommend doing your own bikini waxing if you haven't had it done before! Especially if you shave it all the time!! It most likely will go horribly wrong and look so bad, red & blotchy with possible black and blue!! Seriously, not something I would reccomend!!
    If you do decide to do it I reccommend the Nair hot wax for your bikini line! You just put it on in little bits, let it harden and rip it off! You don't need strips for it!!! It's not great for your legs though, I would reccommend Veet warm wax in a jar for your legs, its the one with the strips!!!
    Good luck if you decide to do it yourself but I would seriously try every salon first!!!

Oh and stay away from the strips with the wax already on them! They're evil!!!

Everywhere is charging 50 quid for a brazillian/hollywood. And the place ive found that does it cheaper, would know I havent had a wax there before. Black and blue?? really? This is for Friday that I want it...i really dont want to shave it though, it gets soooo irritated!

Actually... do hair removal creams work on this area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I use hair removal cream - and works fine for me. Make sure you use one specifically for the bikini line though, as I learned the hard way, that the others sting (even the sensitive ones). I used the boots one.

If it's not till Friday you need it for, why don't you get the patch test done and get the brazillian on Wednesday or Thursday?
    Yea.. black and blue!! Its really easy to bruise the skin down there its so delicate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

bod i in tyrellstown charge 30e for californian wax think its 35e for brazilian. got mine done this morning as for being black and blue you would really have to be super sensitive for bruising!! it will be a bit red obviously but after and hour or so it cools down and is fine.
    if your gonna be wearing a bikini i would have it done the day before just to make sure.
    they do ask you there if you have been waxed with them before if you havnt they ask you to get a patch test done it takes two seconds they put a tiny bit of the hot wax on your wrist and if you give you a day or so to see if you react. they are open late most nights too! www.bod-i.ie has prices and opening times etc.

as for being black and blue you would really have to be super sensitive for bruising!! it will be a bit red obviously but after and hour or so it cools down and is fine.

I meant if you do it yourself it's very easy to bruise yourself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Actually... do hair removal creams work on this area?

If your skin is sensitive I really wouldn't recommend hair removal creams, they're full of really harsh chemicals!
    i've sensitive skin and they give me a rash as well as not removing all the hair! and shaving over a rash aint pretty or fun!
    Have you looked up the proper way to shave down there online? cos it really does make a difference!
    basically make sure its been under warm water for 10 mins no more, no less.
    hold the skin taught, dont go over an area more than twice max, and use conditioner as shaving cream!
    Try it, in my experience it wont get as irritated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I use hair removal cream - and works fine for me. Make sure you use one specifically for the bikini line though, as I learned the hard way, that the others sting (even the sensitive ones). I used the boots one.

I had to stop using those hair removal creams, they sting so much.

Get waxed, hurts for a second but thats all. Well worth it in the long run as re-growth isn't horrible.

I wont have a chance to get out anywhere at all during with work. Might just wax it today and hope that any bruising or redness goes down by friday night...

I wont have a chance to get out anywhere at all during with work. Might just wax it today and hope that any bruising or redness goes down by friday night...

Hi there Insert Gear, you seem to be having difficulties getting your superflous hair thing done and dusted re. weekend , my friends and i (years ago ) used to treat our fellas like mushrooms .....keep em in the dark and feed em full of s..t, now sis , your average male keeps 99 per cent of his brain cells right where he keeps the little general so when he is goin goodo
    for Ireland he aint gonna notice a little hair. so, if I were you i would leave well enough alone and when you get back then go see the wax people.
    " is he big or is he small" Gwad.....i remember those days, good luck :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Beauty Boudoir in Rathmines does Brazilians for €35. Open til 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 K-Tray

a LOT of beauty salons are open later than you'd think in the evenings, the one I go to is only open late Thursdays though. Deffo have a look into squishing the time in to get it done by a pro, it's seriously worth it.

rantyface wrote: »
    Beauty Boudoir in Rathmines does Brazilians for €35. Open til 10pm.

Excellent. I will definitely look into that. Literally sitting here with the veet warm wax about to do my legs (first time near wax since an ill fated attempt when I was about 15)

I heated it for the time they said but the spatula is telling me it's too hot, and doesnt seem to be cooling down at all. Things going wrong already!!

this is such a fail! some of the hairs arent even coming off and everything is a mess!

this is such a fail! some of the hairs arent even coming off and everything is a mess!

In the name of God woman !!!!!!!will you leave your shaggin legs alone and go off the weekend and get yourself sha..ed !!!!!!:D:D:D

I gave up! Booked the beauty boudoir for the brazillian (thanks again) btw theyre only open till 8, might be ten on a thursday or something. And ill just shave my legs for the friday.

• Advertisement

Absolutely delighted yuve got that sorted out Insertgear, hope the weekend is fab for ya .........and the lucky lad. :):):):):)

I'm a disaster. Decided against the appointment, bought an Ultimo bra and underwear at half price (WIN). So didnt have enough for the two. Ill just have to live with the slight irritation and the fantastic lingerie!

I'm a disaster. Decided against the appointment, bought an Ultimo bra and underwear at half price (WIN). So didnt have enough for the two. Ill just have to live with the slight irritation and the fantastic lingerie!

prefare Freya or vikies secrets myself. ;)

Dont know why, Ultimo just fit. I'm a 36D - DD and its hard to find bras that are actually made to support slightly bigger boobs rather than just being made larger and larger than the usual A-C bras if you know what I mean.

Can you get Victoria's secrets in Ireland? or just order online?

Dont know why, Ultimo just fit. I'm a 36D - DD and its hard to find bras that are actually made to support slightly bigger boobs rather than just being made larger and larger than the usual A-C bras if you know what I mean.

34d myself. victorias secrets , never bought those myself , him indoors got mine last birthday. rang my sis , she says online. silly if so, you would think one of the bigger stores would stock same. I get Freya from Oxendales
    love their stuff. :)

exhaustive search, online only . House of frasure in dumdrum do a fab range of undies, Freya, ( been getting those online, damn. ) Lajeby. Chantelle, and a lot more. last seasons stuff cheaper if ya dont mind ....:)

• Advertisement

Will deffo give them a shot. And regarding the bikini waxing I'm going to make a second attempt for the upcoming holiday. Holdiay is on the Sunday the 23rd, so I figure get it done the week before? or maybe the friday (2 days) before?

I want to gauge the time so that redness has gone down, but I will be stubble free for the week

Will deffo give them a shot. And regarding the bikini waxing I'm going to make a second attempt for the upcoming holiday. Holdiay is on the Sunday the 23rd, so I figure get it done the week before? or maybe the friday (2 days) before?

I want to gauge the time so that redness has gone down, but I will be stubble free for the week

Just read your post , re. waxing....2 or 3 days prior departure should be ok, (according to my younger sis, the info lexicon) :)

The friday it is so. I think i'll splash out and go to Brazilia considering its my first time. Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement