Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turkish GP Discussion

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Biro wrote: »
    Schumacher was the best driver any team could have had, and he put in trojan work through the years for developing the Ferrari. But you under estimating Brawn's work is as silly as when you thought I was under estimating Schumacher's work. Brawn is the best technical director in the paddock, he always pushed the rules to the max to get the best, sometimes to the point where they had to clarify the rules and make them change, but he never broke the rules. The new team is just proving him. One season is all it took him to develop a championship winning car. Underestimate him at your peril, but watch the titles roll in!

fair enough i dont hold brawn in the same regard as schumacher ,but he has obviously done a great job at brawn where he has a much bigger role within the team. anyway as i said in a previous post if brawn takes button anywhere near 3 world titles ill eat my words. and if he takes him to 7 titles i may even become a brawn/button fan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

astrofluff wrote: »
    On the BBC coverage did anyone hear Hamilton talking to Lee McKenzie, wishing the 'guys at the front a good race'!! It's as if he hasn't a clue that he is in the same race as 19 other guys with a chance - (not that Button made it easy for anyone today!).

Any time I hear Hamilton talking, he sounds so false, thanking the team, what good work the guys back in Brackley have done....in fact I have never heard him take any credit for himself....McLaren have brainwashed the guy!

This is McLaren all over. They turn drivers into robots who are afraid to say anything that might in anyway be politically incorrect/upsetting for the team/sponsors, sorry partners! Thats the reason why people like Montoya and alonso couldn't get on with them. Coulthard is a classic example. 9 years with McLaren = Pure robot activity. Since then, much more outspoken. And entertaining too.

Can't stand mclaren!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

This is McLaren all over. They turn drivers into robots who are afraid to say anything that might in anyway be politically incorrect/upsetting for the team/sponsors, sorry partners! Thats the reason why people like Montoya and alonso couldn't get on with them. Coulthard is a classic example. 9 years with McLaren = Pure robot activity. Since then, much more outspoken. And entertaining too.

Can't stand mclaren!

Compared with Raikonnen - years of being the only outspoken individual on the F1 grid (famous comment on whether he listened to Schu's retirement speech, while sitting on his McLaren in the paddock: "I was taking a ****"), to being the most fenced-in drone in the Ferrari organisation. But no, only McLaren have a tight PR handle on their drivers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You can imagine his meeting with the bosses at Mclaren "right lewis say this and you will look cool"

Yeah he looked so 'cool' after he was caugth out lying to the stewards after the Aussie GP!

I saw Hamilton racing in GP2 in Turkey in 2006 - the guy was a raw talent, and absolutely whipped everyone else on the circuit, from something like 13th on the grid to 2nd, and he pinched that second place from Adam Carroll on the last lap. When he took off his helmet, his hair was a lovely bush - but now he's this clean shaven kid with no personality. Honestly, I am fed up listening to the guy because he sounds so false.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

the most fenced-in drone in the Ferrari organisation.

Absolutely ridiculous comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

^^Ditto..

I do agree with SlutMonkey here, even better was Martin Brundle's reply " so you'll have a nice light car then".. classic.. F1 these days seems a bit rehearsed and boring, no real characters, not saying Schumacher was a man of the people, but he did have a few choice words with Coulthard in the paddock a few years back.. Also loved Mika Hakkinens interviews,

Reporter: " (insert a detailed long winded question)"
    Hakkinen: " ehh..yes....."

Even when Hamilton was on Top gear last year, where ALL the celebrities have a laugh, (even Simon Cowell), everything he said sounded like he'd just read it off a piece of paper 5 minutes beforehand, no expression whatsoever. Even when clarkson congratulated him on winning the championship, nothing, expressionless, thanking everyone but himself.. Now i know he couldnt be all "me, me, me" or whatever, but he still has a right to say " I drove a damn good 18 races this season and i'm proud of myself"
    In my opinion, He should quit McLaren, not only because the car is underperforming, but for the sake of his personality if nothing else.

EDIT: How i wish Jordan were still around, they were like the Wimbledon FC of Motorsports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

^^Ditto..

I do agree with SlutMonkey here, even better was Martin Brundle's reply " so you'll have a nice light car then".. classic.. F1 these days seems a bit rehearsed and boring, no real characters, not saying Schumacher was a man of the people, but he did have a few choice words with Coulthard in the paddock a few years back.. Also loved Mika Hakkinens interviews,

Even when Hamilton was on Top gear last year, where ALL the celebrities have a laugh, (even Simon Cowell), everything he said sounded like he'd just read it off a piece of paper 5 minutes beforehand, no expression whatsoever. Even when clarkson congratulated him on winning the championship, nothing, expressionless, thanking everyone but himself.. Now i know he couldnt be all "me, me, me" or whatever, but he still has a right to say " I drove a damn good 18 races this season and i'm proud of myself"
    In my opinion, He should quit McLaren, not only because the car is underperforming, but for the sake of his personality if nothing else.

EDIT: How i wish Jordan were still around, they were like the Wimbledon FC of Motorsports
    Clarkson didn't congratulate him on winning the championship, because he didn't win the championship that time. That was a year and a half ago, that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Compared with Raikonnen - years of being the only outspoken individual on the F1 grid (famous comment on whether he listened to Schu's retirement speech, while sitting on his McLaren in the paddock: "I was taking a ****"), to being the most fenced-in drone in the Ferrari organisation. But no, only McLaren have a tight PR handle on their drivers....
    Bollox
    ^^Ditto..

Dont know how you can say Raikonnen isn't a character(crashes out in Monaco onto his yacht for a some sun and a beer, or more recently out of the car into shorts and an icecream, or what Slutmonkey57b said), dont confuse not liking the media bul**** with a lack of character theres also Vettel and Button.

i always found the storeys of kimi drunken antics funny the one of him falling over a kerb drunk in the canaries with an blown up dolphin (i tink it was) was one of my favourites:D but i hav to say wasnt impressed with the ice cream and shorts incident i just think come race day he should be completely focused on the job and if he retires he should be trying to find out why? there is plenty of time for his partying when d job is done. of cource if he didnt drive for ferrari he could hav all d ice creams he wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

enzo7 wrote: »
    i always found the storeys of kimi drunken antics funny the one of him falling over a kerb drunk in the canaries with an blown up dolphin (i tink it was) was one of my favourites:D but i hav to say wasnt impressed with the ice cream and shorts incident i just think come race day he should be completely focused on the job and if he retires he should be trying to find out why? there is plenty of time for his partying when d job is done. of cource if he didnt drive for ferrari he could hav all d ice creams he wanted.
    I dont think there was much figuring out to do, the race was a washout he wasn't going to score any points his kers was broke and his car was full water i cant remember what excuse Ferrari gave but i think he was retired to save engine mileage. Any way the point was he is a unique character on the F1 grid.

ya he is a character alright and its good to see but i just thought the whole ice cream incident was totally unprofessional but im saying that as a ferrari fan if he was driving for another team id prob hav laughed. i rather a boreing kimi than a fun kimi that hasnt reached his potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ya he is a character alright and its good to see but i just thought the whole ice cream incident was totally unprofessional

The IceMan has to stay cool you know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

... but i just thought the whole ice cream incident was totally unprofessional but im saying that as a ferrari fan if he was driving for another team id prob hav laughed...

It's nice when a ferrari fan admits to being blinkered at least! ;)

Seriously, the lack of characters on the grid is nothing particular to one team, it's a byproduct of the amount of money running through the sport. The marketing drones only like spontinaity they've researched beforehand. And Hamilton came across quite well in the TG interview, he even came back with an off the cuff joke for clarkson.

what does blinkered mean:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

he even came back with an off the cuff joke for clarkson.

Yeah hes a regular comedian, ive been in stitches for most of this season so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement