Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Irish!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Well show up for it, don't short change yourself, just don't study for it and bluff your way through as many question as you can then as soon as your done leave. You'll prob feel better for doin it that way in the long run:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I've done no Irish whatsoever up until this point but I need to pass it so is there any site with some phrases I can learn off for a story? Or if anyone's feeling generous to put up some themselves!

Btw, can't believe paper 2 is only 18%!!! sure thats the worst paper having to know all the poems and sh1rt -thats great! I'm thinking would it be worth not coming in for paper 2 so I can study history...

Go in for it and just stay and answer a few questions. The poems are all printed so once you know a few related words you easily wing it.

I better learn some stuff now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I JUST remembered that we have Irish tomorrow, I've spent the whole day immersed in the wonders of trig and probability that I totally forgot...oopsie!

Did this happen to anyone else??

I'm only in pass, but I'm no stellar student or anything...is our listening on tomorrow aswell?

Haven't touched the language in over a month... better get cracking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

<snip> Quit the spam or you'll be banned.</snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

didn forget about it but i just didn study:rolleyes:
    good luck;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

okay, so we all know that ideally in irish comprehensions, you rephrase the answer into your own words.
    BUT. i sometimes find that i can tell what sentence they want me to put in my own words, but i'm not entirely sure what the sentence means.
    is it better to:
    1) make an attempt at rephrasing the sentence into your own words, but being wrong (your sentence doesnt mean the correct answer)
    2) just wriitng out the sentence exactly word for word as it is in the passage.

which would give you more marks? :S

thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

I think writing the sentence out is the safer bet if you're that unsure but I think you can loose marks if you give too much extra information ie. anything that dosn't have to do with the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Saul-Good wrote: »
    I think writing the sentence out is the safer bet if you're that unsure but I think you can loose marks if you give too much extra information ie. anything that dosn't have to do with the question!
    Basically they want you to write out the exact sentence with the point of information on it. You get ten marks for this but if you give the sentence after it you lose something like five marks, and if you write out a big long spiel you'll get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Snowyy

Useful Tip**
    I found out by asking my teacher that you can write the exact same thing for the letter as u do for the story, they just want good irish they dont actually care about the story :) saves time i think :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Hey Op I was completly like you but lucily I got one to ones this year along with my class in school.

Pretty much just learn off an essay about

*Holiday
    *Cinema
    *Fire
    *Accident
    *Mugging
    *Concert*
    *Ghaeltacht

Think thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'd say the OP isn't too worried about Irish any more.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Conor108 wrote: »
    I'd say the OP isn't too worried about Irish any more.........

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

Dman001 wrote: »
    Is there any predictions on what poem and pros are coming up in OL Irish?

if you look at the paper there's a pattern and our teacher told us that Jack and Faoiseamh are definite, but also gealt hasn't come up in a while. But it's hard to know really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

Ramey wrote: »
    I'm screweeedddd... Completely.. Does anyone, by any chance, have a sample answer they can throw at me for anything paper 2?

For poetry or Pros? I have a couple. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

For poetry or Pros? I have a couple. :)

You'll be too late to help him. This thread is from 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Paper two worth 18%, seriously??

Why would I even bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Conor108 wrote: »
    You'll be too late to help him. This thread is from 2009

But that comment was from last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

How much would you have to write for the Comhra?

I think I'll do the comhra and letter. Easiest marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bearcub

can anyone tell me what kind of length the pros section answers should be ?

because i really have no clue about those stories and there's no way a pass student should have to write out a page about the story from memory. madness.

atleast for poetry you get the poems given to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

sports cud come up for de essay 2moro hasnt come up since 06 nd the world cup this yr :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

For the mocks I did a crap oral, think i got like 15 marks in the listenin... and just went in and wrote really simple sentences for my essay and letter and comprehension is piss, didn't study any poets or anythin just wrote out really simple stuff for rthat... got 50% and i'm lookin for the pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭echoindia756

if you look at the paper there's a pattern and our teacher told us that Jack and Faoiseamh are definite, but also gealt hasn't come up in a while. But it's hard to know really.

Jack and Gealt came up last year

Advertisement