Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mlitt UCD Economics

• 07-06-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum but does anyone here have any info/advise on the above programme with UCD?

Did a Masters in Economics in UCC a few years ago but never really pursued an economics type job, just went into an admin role. But now I want back in!

Comments

You don't need a MLitt to get an economics job, it would normally be seen as a precurosor to a PhD (all PhD student start out as on the MLitt course).

Who do you want to work with for the MLitt course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kiero

thanks for the reply. I'm still looking into who to work with and just at the early stages.

reason im looking into it is because the current qualification i have is missing a lot of what i've found employers are currently after-especially the econometrics side.

i guess there aren't many graduate opportunities in this 'climate' so i've turned to further education

kiero wrote: »
    thanks for the reply. I'm still looking into who to work with and just at the early stages.

reason im looking into it is because the current qualification i have is missing a lot of what i've found employers are currently after-especially the econometrics side.

i guess there aren't many graduate opportunities in this 'climate' so i've turned to further education

I'm in the same boat, but am looking at doing a second MSc (essentially an MLitt) to build on my economics rather then push the economics any further.

This is the reason why I went quant heavy in my masters, three econometric and a GE course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kiero

why didn't i just become an accountant like everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Because as an economics graduate you act rationally.

• Advertisement

You get more money doing a PhD.

Advertisement