Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Straight Away

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

are you allowed to start writing straight away as soon as you get the booklet or do you have to wait until the the supervisor says you can start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup AFAIK you can't start until they tell you (to make sure everyone starts at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

We've had to wait until we're told to start, he lets us start early sometimes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

i had my macbeth introductory paragraph done about five minutes before the exam started...and the super didn't say anything. although a couple of people who were chatting came over and started giving out to me...i told them to go fuck themselves and kept writing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Our supervisor doesn't let us write until the time starts but we're allowed to rule them while we wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Our supervisor doesn't let us write until the time starts but we're allowed to rule them while we wait

The papers already ruled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Some people love pretty margins and the likes!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I like them to be red.... If it makes the examiner like me then I'm all for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

We are given our the answer booklets, then the exam and are then told to turn them over and begin all at the same time.

Usually we write in our exam number, subject and answered tru in the time were waiting but thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

We walk in and the answer booklet is the only thing there, Then she goes around about 2 mins beforehand with the paper upside down then at the time it starts we can turn it over.

Yesterday in english though she knew how anxious we were to see it, So she let us go straight to the poet section and see who came up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

mink_man wrote: »
    are you allowed to start writing straight away as soon as you get the booklet or do you have to wait until the the supervisor says you can start?
    in maths the other day i tore straight into rightin down the deriving of the cone volume and sphere volume before i got the paper in case i forgot it! supervisor said nothing! makes no differ really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I didn't start writing early but as soon as she said "begin" I scribbled down my sequence and series formulae, %error and some other bits that I could refer to. The less you feel you need to retain the less you panic and drop it all out and blank.

Advertisement