Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walls for a side garden?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I am looking at a house at the moment that has a smallish back garden but an enormous side garden. Does anyone know if you are allowed to build the walls on a side garden higher-say 5 or 6 foot, they would be about 3.5 foot currently. I would like to do this for privacy and to make them safer for kids to play in.
    Has anyone done this?
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

okmqaz42 wrote: »
    I am looking at a house at the moment that has a smallish back garden but an enormous side garden. Does anyone know if you are allowed to build the walls on a side garden higher-say 5 or 6 foot, they would be about 3.5 foot currently. I would like to do this for privacy and to make them safer for kids to play in.
    Has anyone done this?
    Ta
    Yes you can build up to 2 metres (6' - 6'') to the side and rear of the house. See Q.9 in this leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Perfect Thanks.

Advertisement