Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Setup - Advice Needed

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just got some renovation work done and took advantage of some rewiring, I'm now looking for some advice on setting up a media centre (automation centre) that will control TV/DVD/Audio in two rooms plus pipe/manage music in a 3rd room.

Here's what I have

2 HD TV's (47") - Two Rooms
    1 Room has surround sound wired
    3rd room (dining room) is wired for speakers that we'd like to push music through.

I've run the following cables to a centre point/control room (cupboard) down stairs
    HDMI Cables (TV's -> Centre Point)
    Surround Sound Cables (Large TV Room -> Centre Point)
    Speaker cables -> Centre point
    Sat Cables (from outside of house to Centre Point)

I've installed a phone port and an NTL point in the control room

What I'd like to do is setup a system that will allow me to do the following
    Use 1 Sky + Box (that feeds both TV's)
    Use 1 NTL Box that feeds both TV's
    Use a Music system that feeds large TV room and Dining Room
    I have a terabyte Hard Drive that has music and movies on it (would like to play this on the TV's)
    I have a Playstation 3 that I'd like to use on either TV
    Finally I'd like a remote control system that will manage the devices in the centre point.

I had an expert come and look at it and he could install a system for 8K, given the renovation work has cleaned me out I'd figure I'd look around for alternatives.

If you have any thoughts recommendations on how best to do the above and pointed to best HW/SW I'd appreciate it

thanks and regards
    T

Comments

Advertisement