Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's on tomorrow's Irish paper?

• 07-06-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Only dropped to OL like a week before we finished up for study-leave so I didn't really get much time to just sit down and look over the paper.

Anybody able to fill me in on what I need to have in mind for tomorrow and what little bits I could have prepared. I have pretty good Irish so I'm fine for anything just for the extra few marks if there's any sure-fire stuff that I could have prepared well it'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Go over the topics for letters and stories
    robbery
    party
    concert
    accident
    theres a few more I cant think of. Have opening and closing paragraphs for them too. Thats about all you can have ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Theres two comprehensions you have to do in paper one.

Then you choose two pieces of writing from 4 topics which each has two choices within them so 2 from 8.

Usually there will be something like write a letter home to your parents from a holiday/a summer job/the gaeltacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Theres two comprehensions you have to do in paper one.

Then you choose two pieces of writing from 4 topics which each has two choices within them so 2 from 8.

Usually there will be something like write a letter home to your parents from a holiday/a summer job/the gaeltacht.

Okay so it'll be like

Comp I
    Comp II
    Litir
    Scéal?

That sound right?

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Okay so it'll be like

Comp I
    Comp II
    Litir
    Scéal?

That sound right?

Comp 1
    Comp 2
    Giota Leanuach - a or b or c
    Sceal - a or b
    Litir a or b
    Comhra a or b

You have to do both comprehensions. and you pick two pieces of writing from the rest. So you could do one comhra and one letter, any combination really

Comp 1
    Comp 2
    Giota Leanuach - a or b or c
    Sceal - a or b
    Litir a or b
    Comhra a or b

You have to do both comprehensions. and you pick two pieces of writing from the rest. So you could do one comhra and one letter, any combination really

Yeah but we prepared Litir and Scéal :)

• Advertisement

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Yeah but we prepared Litir and Scéal :)

Ah yeah then you can choose those two and be sorted. They will always come up it doesnt change

Cheers.

Paper two then is like English paper II I take it? With poetry, short stories and the like on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anyone have anyidea on sceal is coming up ? our techer only gave us 2 sceals to learn so i persume the same thing comes up every second year , the sceals she gave us accident and holidays .

cheers

Yes with the poems and stories on the course.
    Roinn A:
    The first question is on stories. you answer a and b.

a will be three diff stories and you answer on one.

b will the the other three stories and you have to pick an emotion from a list that is present in all of them and talk about it.

question two is on poetry.
    a will be a choice between 2 sets of 4 questions on two poems you have studied. they will be printed on the page.

b will be a choice between two different questions on the same poem. it is usually about the images, main themes and emotions in that poem.

Rionn B:
    the second part on the paper is like poems and stories but ones that are not on the course or something? All i know is you ignore it and dont answer the questions. it like two diff courses or something like that.

awhir wrote: »
    anyone have anyidea on sceal is coming up ? our techer only gave us 2 sceals to learn so i persume the same thing comes up every second year , the sceals she gave us accident and holidays .

cheers

Holidays commonly come up.
    But usually in irish, you are given a sentence such as "I got home and found that the door was ajar. I felt frightened...."
    So you could turn that into there had been a car accident and my little brother went to hospital type of thing.

OR commonly something on holidays come up like your on holiday and find a job write a letter home ect.

But it doesnt always come up.

Even if you get a sceal that says I was so excited, i had won two tickets to the concert, you could turn it into they got robbed or there was a accident at the concert, or u were in a car crash on the way to the concert.

• Advertisement

Holidays commonly come up.
    But usually in irish, you are given a sentence such as "I got home and found that the door was ajar. I felt frightened...."
    So you could turn that into there had been a car accident and my little brother went to hospital type of thing.

OR commonly something on holidays come up like your on holiday and find a job write a letter home ect.

But it doesnt always come up.

Even if you get a sceal that says I was so excited, i had won two tickets to the concert, you could turn it into they got robbed or there was a accident at the concert, or u were in a car crash on the way to the concert.

Or that you were meant to go but you caught fire and got sick then were robbed, beaten, taken to the hospital where you went on holidays.

God I love Ordinary Irish notes from my teacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

ahh the good old accidents :rolleyes:, came up the whole time, xmas + summer tests, and the JC if i remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lee W

Does anyone know what's comin up on honours irish paper 1???

and the stair na gaeilge in paper 2????

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Why did you drop down to OL Claypigeon? Are you not counting it for points or anything?

Twilighter wrote: »
    Why did you drop down to OL Claypigeon? Are you not counting it for points or anything?

Aye yes I am counting it for points but I'm going for anything above 380 points to be safe for my choices :) I just didn't like honours Irish... Too much like hard work and considering I'm actually quite good at the language itself it was ruining it for me. The main push-factor was the mindless learning of essays.

Our teacher was my "that teacher" ie the one that makes you sick to your stomach because they're so obnoxious and different to you. I'm using OL Irish for points but it's my only OL other than Maths (which isn't being counted for points) and so I'll be fine - got "40 points" from it in the mock so I'll get more than 40 in the real thing even in OL so I'm quite happy with my decision.

Was missing a lot of school because of it basically, once I dropped down to Ordinary and didn't have to dread Irish anymore I felt so much better and it made me more motivated to work on my other subjects too :) Overall it'll increase my points.

Advertisement