Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFIV Casual meet - Rollcall and how long do you plan to stay.

• 07-06-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi guys! Just to give clarity, can everyone who's attending state the following:

Time planning to go:

How long do you plan to stay:

For myself, my bus is arriving at around 11:20 but if a lot of people are planning on meeting up at 3 or 4, then I'll take a later bus. My max time to stay would be 6:15 as I have to catch the 6:45 bus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Here is a list of the people going:

Me (Leprekaun)
    Kokiki
    randomchild
    Dreddybajs
    Retrogamer
    L31mr0d
    animax
    The Wal
    SDoom
    Placebo
    Kirby

Maybes:

Owwmykneecap
    CodeMonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll probably be there from 2/3-6pm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll show up round 2 if my plans work out. We'll see how it works out but I can;t see me bailing before 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, around 2pm works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll probably be there from 2/3-6pm.

Same for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Yeah I'll be there around 2/3-6pm as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think I'll stay awhile maybe until 6 if people are still there. Going to cancel the usual saturday pitch and putt for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Think I'll stay awhile maybe until 6 if people are still there. Going to cancel the usual saturday pitch and putt for this.

wii golf has pitch and putt?

oooohhhhh burrrrrrrrrn....

ill ask dabounca and funky if they are going, could be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh, I plan on going at 2pm. Ofcourse, it would suck to show up and be sitting on your todd for three hours :D. Saddo in the corner playing single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh, I plan on going at 2pm. Ofcourse, it would suck to show up and be sitting on your todd for three hours :D. Saddo in the corner playing single player.

you can begin unlocking the characters for the rest of us (if they aren't already). Lariat exploit ftw :D

whatever the majority are going for is cool with me. I can be there for 2pm (bus will probably get me into town just after 1:30pm), will stay till 6pm, but I could stay later if others are hanging around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    wii golf has pitch and putt?

oooohhhhh burrrrrrrrrn....

ill ask dabounca and funky if they are going, could be fun

There's only one way to settle this grudge match. I'll bring my best SFIV Ryu and take on anything you throw at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Might try and go in for awhile inbetween my weekend shifts depending on how tired I am.

Right 2 PM it is :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

There's only one way to settle this grudge match. I'll bring my best SFIV Ryu and take on anything you throw at me!

ryu is for w@nkers and u know it.
    ill take the guy in my avatar... a mans man, an adonis with a haircut that drives the ladies crazy. well, him or blanka

Jazzy wrote: »
    ryu is for w@nkers and u know it.
    ill take the guy in my avatar... a mans man, an adonis with a haircut that drives the ladies crazy. well, him or blanka
    You could eat a dinner off that hair.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    you can begin unlocking the characters for the rest of us (if they aren't already). Lariat exploit ftw :D

whatever the majority are going for is cool with me. I can be there for 2pm (bus will probably get me into town just after 1:30pm), will stay till 6pm, but I could stay later if others are hanging around.

Don't they close at 6?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Don't they close at 6?
    http://www.xtremeigc.com/Contact.html

Ah, sweet. Slightly shocked their site is up again. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

See you guys at 2pm, hopefully I can get some tips on using a fight stick.

It's just practice I'm finding. My fighting from the right suffered an awful lot but about 30 mins practice and I was fine. You just need to take your time with moves are eventually you will get your speed up. I'm still finding the shoryuken motion shortcuts frustrating though, I really need to speed up my motions especially for ultras and super for comboing.

• Advertisement

I really need to speed up my motions especially for ultras and super for comboing.

I'm starting to realise why there are so many Kens online. It's very easy to chain his super into any combo, it's also very easy to fluke it. On more than 1 occasion whilst playing as him I've gone in for a c.mk into fierce srk, and the srk will cancel into a super 9 times out of 10 (if I have the super gauge filled)

I'm starting to realise why there are so many Kens online. It's very easy to chain his super into any combo, it's also very easy to fluke it. On more than 1 occasion whilst playing as him I've gone in for a c.mk into fierce srk, and the srk will cancel into a super 9 times out of 10 (if I have the super gauge filled)
    Fighting online as Ken is really starting to frustrate me. When I'm doing Cammy's cstrike.hp.cspike combo online I eat a fierce srk everytime, perhaps due to lag because I can land it perfectly 8/10 times offline. Very frustrating.

I've fallen back on just waiting for them to attack me and make mistakes and not doing any fancy punishes.

It's the same with ryu. It's actually rather annoying becuase the only way to get a super into a combo is to just contually do qcf actions during a jab combo. Usually with end up with a hadouken or shoryuken cancelling into a super or ultra. There's no finesse to it, it's very similar to how a bad Zangief plays. It's really annoying because if I actually try to do the combo properly I end up doing something unintended due to the special shortcuts and fluffing the super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I want to plaaaayyyyyy. I'll be there at 1pm/2pm.

FYI. I was at the xgc sf4 tourney like 6-7 weeks ago and people were using the 2 corner ps3s to the immediate right of the door. Whoever gets there first should check the profiles to see if the characters are unlocked and finish unlocking them as far as gouken ... can unlock seth too but I rarely see him being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'll be going home to lovely Kildare this weekend anyway(the lovely is a lie) so will be in Dublin from around 12-1 ,I can stay til around 5 or 6.

That is of course unless you guys have already organised a set number of people/ consoles.

I don't mind going in for 1pm if a few others will be there then.

Will anyone be there earlier than 2pm?

I think for the PS3s, you just have to copy a save off a USB stick. For the xboxs, we just need 3 separate save games (one of which I can provide) with all the characters unlocked.

I think I'll head in for 2 as most people are going then.

• Advertisement

Yeh my "second" char is gouken but he is like the second last to be unlocked so I doubt Ill be able to use him. Doesn't matter anyway, the drop from sim to him is quite big for me.

And i'll be there at 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I think for the PS3s, you just have to copy a save off a USB stick.

Ye, you can for most games but they locked it for sf4 for some reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll take tips for my guile and ryu play if any of ye will have it. :)

You don't want to be taking any tips from me :)

SDooM wrote: »
    I'll take tips for my guile and ryu play if any of ye will have it. :)

Yeah, sure. My main fighter is Ryu. I really, really, really tried hard to use Guile properly but I'm such an aggressive fighter that I'm useless with him.

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Yeah, sure. My main fighter is Ryu. I really, really, really tried hard to use Guile properly but I'm such an aggressive fighter that I'm useless with him.

I've seen some really good agressive guiles. Slow sonic boom, ride it in hard. Its one of guiles bnb moves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement