Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else feeling really, really down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I do all honours and Maths is by far my worst subjects so yeah I reckon so. I got 485 in the pres but had some help from cheat threads here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Jesus that's so weird, I always thought you needed to pass it at either honours or pass level! That's such a relief thanks guys. I'm still worried as I don't wanna fail obviously but that's some good news at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Jesus that's so weird, I always thought you needed to pass it at either honours or pass level! That's such a relief thanks guys. I'm still worried as I don't wanna fail obviously but that's some good news at least.

No biggie if you fail unless you're using it for points - use this info to calm you down but still do your best to pass it as every little helps and you must be prepared to have it safely passed if possible if you opt for a course change or a career swap where it may be called on!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

im not feelin really bad, more exhausted!

slept all day yesterday (i wasted sooo much time:o) and then today iv been trying to study but im just staring aimlessly at my book, and i know the question is piss easy, but can i do it? Nope! i have no focus or concentration, my neck + head hurts and im slightly dizzy

damn leaving cert!:(

this happening to anybody else?

• Advertisement

slept all day yesterday (i wasted sooo much time:o) and then today iv been trying to study but im just staring aimlessly at my book, and i know the question is piss easy, but can i do it? Nope! i have no focus or concentration, my neck + head hurts and im slightly dizzy

Everyone deserved a break yesterday. I had a nap, played some Call of Duty then went out with my friends for a spin, went to the pub for a friends birthday and had a few quiet drinks with 10 or so friends. Came home, had a great sleep and just sitting here on boards helping people and getting helped, I'm happy with the day so far :)

Just sleep rather than strain yourself. Do whatever calms you. Have a shower and a bite to eat and try again. Using the book does sound a bit dodge at this stage, maybe work on some notes? Just writing things out ingrains them in your mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The exams are making me really tired....Instead of studying yesterday I napped for a few hours, then I did a tiny bit of biology and went to bed for 11 hours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

exactly the same - trying desperately to learn off an irish essay but its just not going in. My neck and head hurt too, I feel dizzy and just want to sleep.
    Really feel like dropping to pass irish now, but I'm afraid i'll need it for points, if any of my other exams go badly. :mad:

If you're tired - SLEEP!

Do not feel guilty for being tired, just deal with it the right way and relax then go again later. If you sleep now, you can stay up a bit later tonight. It's 4pm, I do most of my revision between 9pm and 1am for example because I nap or at least lie in bed for a while after eating during these exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

I feel the same,, I just hit a slump I think but I've wasted so much time yestarday and today coz of it, I just dont want to do anything but I know that I have to and knowing that I've maths paper 2 tomorrow's making me panic and feel way worse. Hoping that getting maths over me will bring me out of it a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Claypigeon wrote: »
    If you're tired - SLEEP!

Do not feel guilty for being tired, just deal with it the right way and relax then go again later. If you sleep now, you can stay up a bit later tonight. It's 4pm, I do most of my revision between 9pm and 1am for example because I nap or at least lie in bed for a while after eating during these exams
    I agree and disagree. If you need to get study done and feel you have enough energy, then do it. I'm going to bed at 12 and getting up at 6, then go to school and do a bit of pre-exam revision. Don't worry about being tired, the fear will get you up and out of bed to work the next morning. I know it works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

I'm not even doin me leaving an i feel ****!!!

sml68 wrote: »
    I'm not even doin me leaving an i feel ****!!!

Diddums, how are you coping with a free and easy Summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

hey hun ,

i am sure alot people feel the same, i think it's good to let it out just talk to people about it , cry or whatever =)

i am like the same, i couldn't study...while i ready should be..like i vent done anything in business maths accounting applied maths or ag ec yet :eek:

but at least and try to be positive like

nothing is impossible , the word impossible itself says'i am possible':p

PS: i randomly clicked on ur bebo..(not being stalkerish :P)i might happen to have your maths teacher for grinds :O

How could you tell that from my Bebo? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

The darkest hour is before the dawn. Just keep reminding yourself that you are nearly there. The worst is over and you'll be on holidays very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

is there an online log book for the maths??

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Mr.S wrote: »
    Weirdly, im sleeping better with my exams, always in bed by 11 and up at 6, which would never, ever happen on a normal day

That's sleeping better :eek:?? I'm a holy terror if I get less than 8 hours a night :P.

what time is everybody waking in the morning to study?
    im sleepin at 11ish by the time i actually settle and destress and then up again at 5.30, slowly killing me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I set my alarm to get up for 6, crawl out of bed at half 8 every morning... Awh well :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

After that maths paper i not happy

GA361 wrote: »
    After that maths paper i not happy

If you did ordinary all you had to do was learn off formulae and write them down and sub in stuff; even with my huge curly writing it only took up two cue-cards of notes that I only revised this morning. Can't act like it was the paper's fault.

If you did ordinary all you had to do was learn off formulae and write them down and sub in stuff; even with my huge curly writing it only took up two cue-cards of notes that I only revised this morning. Can't act like it was the paper's fault.

No . . . . I did higher .. . . .

Yeah it was not a friendly paper but I don't think I failed, cause I got all of the vectors question right and probably about 40% in every other question through (a) parts and attempt marks. Irish was awesome, my essay was only about 320 words as I went blank towards the end :( but I aced the listening and comprehehnsions. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Is anyone else ready to collapse from sheer exhaustion!? I'm just soooooo tired... but off I must trudge to try and beat some Irish literature into my head! The one thing I can't wait to do when I finish up my exams next thursday is just SLEEP for a few days :P Anyone else the same?

Is anyone else ready to collapse from sheer exhaustion!? I'm just soooooo tired... but off I must trudge to try and beat some Irish literature into my head! The one thing I can't wait to do when I finish up my exams next thursday is just SLEEP for a few days :P Anyone else the same?

Yeah I'm really tired even though I haven't done any non-core subjects. . . . . Can't wait to burn my books . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Just remember this, alot of people in schools across the country will claim that such a paper was dead easy and they will get an A or B, when in reality, they found it tough or difficult, but obviously wont admit it. I'm not one of those people, but with a few people I know, I can tell when they're BS'ing. Your not the only one worried, I could fail maths after my shamble P2 attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

I'm wrecked..absolutely pooped from everything..so I know how everyone else is feeling!

uch...maths 1 didn't go great at all and like someone said everyone else thought it was easy!!
    Maths 2 was better (thank god) and Irish 1 was manageable!

I'm not looking forward to Irish 2 or French!

Not finished til the 18th either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Oddly enough I'm less worried about doing **** in Physics (which I will) and more worried about not doing really well in History.

• Advertisement

man your presumptuous! Kinda funny though that they proved you wrong.:pac:
    and anyways, people at ordinary may just have found the paper difficult. end of. there is understanding and method to it, its not just pick a formula and sub in. so im asking you very nicely to not act like you are so much better than everybody else, and that everybody else is stupid, that pass math is only "two cue-cards" worth of notes. if you were that amazing youd be in honours. i'll be looking forward to your A1, a genius like you would never make slip ups.;)

and just because i know your going to claim in saying this because i probably failed math, i got 84% in my mocks and think i got around the same this time.

Advertisement