Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kathy Sinnot doing bad.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

:(:(:(

Gutted and shocked that Ferris was eliminated before Sinnott. How the hell did Sinnott manage to pick up so many transfers from Sean Kelly? Since there was only 600 votes between Ferris and Sinnott in the end I think Ferris should have opted for the recount. If things were the other way around I would expect Sinnott to do the same.

If Alan Kelly does not win this third seat now that Ferris is out I will be most displeased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

sceptre wrote: »
    Counting them all and reducing them all proportionally is called the Gregory method (btw, it's named after the Australian guy who came up with it and has nothing to do with Tony Gregory).

Actually I think that's what we were due to use if we had electronic voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its funny how this thread is titled kathy sinnott doing bad and the declan ganley thread is titled ganley looking good.

and the roles have almost completely reversed...

kathy has a good shot (sadly)

and Declan is being pushed further and further back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Actually I think that's what we were due to use if we had electronic voting.
    I believe so. It's the most accurate form of vote transfer there is. There's discussion on its fairness (in some circumstances it doesn't treat all votes equally) but it's certainly fairer than the Hare method. There's a comprehensive wikipedia page of various methods here for the uber-curious. Well worth a read for anyone completely interested in different transfer methods.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    its funny how this thread is titled kathy sinnott doing bad and the declan ganley thread is titled ganley looking good.

and the roles have almost completely reversed...

kathy has a good shot (sadly)

and Declan is being pushed further and further back
    Funny and odd. Prayer mats at the ready I suppose.

sceptre wrote: »
    Conor's correct.

It's called the Hare method and it's what we use here.

Not to be confused with the Burke and Hare method, which is where dead people remain on the register and a body presents itself at a polling booth ready to vote under that name...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

should get a lot of toiraseas transfers,

tell us what you do not like about this lady friend?

her special needs child? does that irritate you? should she have packed him off to an institution at a young age so as not to vex people like yourselves?

elaborate my brother, we wish to learn

I'm guessing this was aimed at me, since I voted for Ferris but cannot stand Sinnott.
    I'll tell you why; apart from being anti-Lisbon there is very little similarity between them. Sinnott is socially conservative and right wing. Ferris is socially liberal and left wing.

EDIT: Oh, and that vid BlitzKrieg posted is another reason I'm anti-Sinnott.
    her special needs child? does that irritate you? should she have packed him off to an institution at a young age so as not to vex people like yourselves?

:rolleyes: I'm not going to dignify that ridiculous question with a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

who said anything about her special need son, I have no time for her and my son is special needs, I don't like her stance on stem cells, she ill informed and talks ****e on the subject, don't like her stance on Lisbon, she doesnt mind takin money from the eu but slags it off at any opertunity, she signs in and them buggers off in Brussels I could go on and on, just because people don't like her don't assume you know their reasons:rolleyes:

I like that video,

but sometimes an mep can be like democracy itself .....the best of a small number of imperfect choices...

or the least bad choice....

btw my vote helped Joe Higgins get into the seat FF used to have,

Kathy Sinnot made Irish history with her long, difficuly and gutsy battle on behalf of her special needs child with the Irish state
    she improved the position of all such children and their parents from that point
    she asked that the people of Cloyne might vote on the need for the former bishop to go or stay when every other politician was hiding from the issue
    after becoming a parent 3 times I agree with her views on Abortion, it is one of the few positives in this society
    I support the use of cord blood for new remedies and treatments especially with regard to CPalsy
    if a guy who has a rap song on youtube takes her seat ..well that will be some development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Please Allah she doesn't get in..

Seeing as she is the only irish MEP caught that would mean that every other candidate in every other constituency would be *less bad* then her.

Abuse should not be tolerated full stop. Someone abuses their powers, I dont vote for them. No further discussion on the topic needed, its that simple.

I like that video,

but sometimes an mep can be like democracy itself .....the best of a small number of imperfect choices...

But Kathy Sinnott is not the least bad choice. She is the worst choice as far as myself and others here are concerned. Right wing, anti-abortion, anti-stem cell research, anti-Euthenasia, abusing her expenses as an MEP; so she is by far the worst choice to represent our country in Europe.

Now I don't know much about Brian Crowley but he always comes across well.
    I do not like Fine Gael's stance on Europe but I like Sean Kelly as a person.
    I'm not particularly impressed by Alan Kelly but on a national level I do like the Labour party and what it stands for.

So these three men are "least bad" choices. Sinnott is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Junior wrote: »
    Please Allah she doesn't get in..

Indeed. Socially conservative, bordering on fundamentalist imo. Please God (excuse the pun!), Labour will shade it.

I bet you are all great guys but I will not be surprised if a lot of other great folks gave her a number 2 on the Toireasa Ferris papers,

peace out..

and FF out

I bet you are all great guys but I will not be surprised if a lot of other great folks gave her a number 2 on the Toireasa Ferris papers

Sadly it's quite possible, but any Ferris voters who gave Sinnott a second preference are obviously basing their votes solely on Lisbon. I for one made sure Alan Kelly had my number 2 because Lisbon is only one issue I considered when voting.

mfitzy wrote: »
    Indeed. Socially conservative, bordering on fundamentalist imo. Please God (excuse the pun!), Labour will shade it.

Is there any other deities we can send 'prayers' or 'offerings' too ? I can't understand how people would vote for someone who won't represent them in anyway shape or form ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Never should have made this thread.
    I've completely jinxed her.

Come on Kelly!

so far this election has turned up all aces for me, the only one left is the one I actually voted in which is Ireland south!

COME ON ALAN KELLY RAP YOUR WAY TO THIRD PLACE!

I can happily say that I gave Ferris 1 and Kelly 2 just in case a scenario like this unfolded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

what time will the count be finished?

Unsubstantiated news from the wire is that Kelly has it but I'd wait for something more tangible before either breaking any glasses in the fireplace or throwing any bowls out the window. An announcement should be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So there IS a God afterall ;)

and he is left

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    and he is left

Say that in Alabama and let's see how many limbs you return with.
    On a less serious note, your post made me lol.

Game's over. Kelly's in, Sinnott's out. Gilmore is taking a chopper* to Cork and Kathy Sinnott just conceded. The official announcement should be very soon but it's done and dusted. Kelly even gained ground I'm told.

You may now throw your glasses into the fire and/or bowls out the window.

*that's a helicopter you wags, not a bike.

Excelent.

So that means only 1 of our MEP's is anti lisbon.

*WHOOOT*

SUPER DRUNK MODE ON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Excelent.

So that means only 1 of our MEP's is anti lisbon.

And even Higgins is less likely to engage in the hysterical theatrics that Ganley, Sinnott, and Mary Lou love so much. This is a serious blow for the anti-Lisbon campaign. The three main whack-jobs gone- Happy days indeed.

• Advertisement

/me does happy dance !

Advertisement