Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kathy Sinnot doing bad.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

RT&#201 wrote: »
    European elections: Independent MEP Kathy Sinnott has conceded to Labour's Alan Kelly in the battle for the final seat in the South

done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

After count 8

Crowley 132410
    Sean Kelly 134712
    Alan Kelly 105597
    Sinnott 95134

Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

I've never done it before, but schadenfreude rocks !!!
    The party starts now. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

WOOOOOHOOO!

Take that right wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It is highly amusing to me that so many of us, so divided on so many topics all agree on this one. Group think ftw etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there is a strange element that there seems to be very few actual Alan Kelly supporters here. I havnt seen anyone argue his policies or his position.

Goes back to someone's earlier comment about the *least bad*, though they meant it as a comment in favour of kathy sinnott it seems to have worked in favour of Alan Kelly most. Of the candidates he was the least bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Starting a naked conga line here in Limerick - please join in or I'll just look silly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

w00t!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Afaik it's the last 10,180 votes he received.
    Thanks, but what happens if a candidate exceeds the quota on the first count? How can we then tell which were the last votes he/she received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

it is welcome to see Eamon Gilmore's hand strengthened, but if you feel strong negative feelings towards Kathy Sinnott, you need to learn more about her epic struggle on behalf of vulnerable special needs Irish people...and if you think she is some lacky of the corrupt irish Catholic Church...you could not be more wrong.....

...:)

(if she was 'right wing' why would she have done battle with the state at the high court? she could just make a few calls? right?)

(you can be anti abortion and still dislike the corruption of the Catholic Clergy on this island, being anti abortion does not stop many like me voting for Joe Higgins in Dublin

being anti abortion does not make you right wing...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    there is a strange element that there seems to be very few actual Alan Kelly supporters here. I havnt seen anyone argue his policies or his position.

Who cares about Alan Kelly - the only important thing is that he isnt Kathy Sinnot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

1. Brian Crowley FF
    2. Sean Kelly FG
    3. Alan Kelly Labour

Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Yes

Advertisement