Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it better for bad things to happen all at once?

• 07-06-2009 2:48pm

since friday i've had a bad load of luck where everything has went wrong.. apart from two good nites out.

i'm almost numb to it all cause the bad things keep piling up, latest one being laptop breaking..

so yea, so is it better that it all happened over 3 days or would it have been better over the course of month?

thank god for my itouch and panadol for hangover :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Better over a short period, you're over it sooner. Plus, then youve only had a bad week, instead of a bad month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I had a mixed week, best week ever for fun in Galway, but then again, i didn't win the lottery.:rolleyes:

galway has been unreal for last 2 weeks!

maybe its karma for havin such a good time lol

galway has been unreal for last 2 weeks!

maybe its karma for havin such a good time lol

Yeah, we're going to have to pay for it some way, even the strange fact that it only started to rain as soon as the last yacht was leaving.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Who knows really. It depends on what the bad things are. Sometimes a serious of small seemingly insignificant bad things can lead up to serious life changes or more serious bad things.

I'd rather no bad things happened. I'd rather they were spaced out (I think) if they had to happen.

• Advertisement

Just in case you don't know OP. we're all going to die someday.:P

galwayrush wrote: »
    Just in case you don't know OP. we're all going to die someday.:P

speak for urself :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I think it's better to get it all over at once.

I tend to go through a few weeks of shyte, the all is grand for ages.

ah life really is takin the piss now, few of my halo maps wont load nd my gta iv disk is scratched ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

ah life really is takin the piss now, few of my halo maps wont load nd my gta iv disk is scratched ... :(

Cue 'Red Ring of Death' to make you realise how good you had things!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

All at once. My entire life has been bad thing after bad thing after bad thing, when there's something even remotely good, it's completely overshadowed by something bad.

I'd rather have it all happen at once and get it the hell out of the way, because my life is a giant pisstake half the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would rather not have my tire blowout, my brakes fail and my accelerator stick all at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Overheal wrote: »
    I would rather not have my tire blowout, my brakes fail and my accelerator stick all at the same time.

That would be interesting..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It would have been better to have had all the bad news about the economy out in the open before last Septembers budget. The drip drip drip feeding of yet more bad news isn't helping anyone. We could have been over the worst of it nine months ago and feeling that the only way was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It would have been better to have had all the bad news about the economy out in the open before last Septembers budget. The drip drip drip feeding of yet more bad news isn't helping anyone. We could have been over the worst of it nine months ago and feeling that the only way was up.

Unless they said 50% unemployment, bankrupt country, IMF move in, 75% of all hospital beds closed and street fighting for food, then i don't think it could have looked up anything soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Overheal wrote: »
    Well if all tires go at the same time , and your suspension fails and the timing belt goes too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'd rather get two teeth removed at once rather than have each done separately. So to answer your question, yes I would rather have all the ****ty stuff happen at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

i had a year of bad things happen to me constantly. it was s**t at the time but i suppose it was good that it got it over with

(lets see, my grandmother died, i lost my job, i crashed my car, dropped out of collage, girlfriend broke up with me, by text, for another guy, lost about 4 months work to a broken hard drive and my grandad died)

Ok so quick update.. bad stuff still happening.

- Fuel leaking from car.
    - Exhaust Bracket broke in car.
    - Ipod aux connection in car loose so need a new end on it.

All easy fixes but just more money.. Worst of all we had a serious meeting in work on friday.. so very worried about that now.

In the words of glenn hoddle, i must have been a cunnt in a past life for whats happenin now lol

- Fuel leaking from car.
    - Exhaust Bracket broke in car.
    - Ipod aux connection in car loose so need a new end on it.
    Fuel leaks onto hot exhaust and vaporises all you need now is a spark from a dodgy ipod connection :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement