Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie needs advice on Nilesat English Programs

• 07-06-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    how can I get Nat geo, Discovery and maybe some sports channels that cover F1? Maybe VH1 too... and maybe some other English lang stuff

The receiver I have (a Manhattan plaza xt-m) has 2 card slots in front. Is there some sort of a package I can get to unscramble those channels?
    I am in Casablanca, would a card from home unlock this channels or is it different on each satellite?

Many thanks for replies and advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Hi,
    how can I get Nat geo, Discovery and maybe some sports channels that cover F1? Maybe VH1 too... and maybe some other English lang stuff

The receiver I have (a Manhattan plaza xt-m) has 2 card slots in front. Is there some sort of a package I can get to unscramble those channels?
    I am in Casablanca, would a card from home unlock this channels or is it different on each satellite?

Many thanks for replies and advice.

See the nilesat thread below, next nigh impossible to get in Ireland without a huge dish. (2.5-3M). No one has confirmed that they can receive it reliably on this site as yet...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055538115

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

M5 wrote: »
    See the nilesat thread below, next nigh impossible to get in Ireland without a huge dish. (2.5-3M). No one has confirmed that they can receive it reliably on this site as yet...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055538115
    Cheers M5, but was hoping for some general info about unscrambling those channels, where to get a card or code, that sort of thing.

That plaza receiver has a feauture called Diseq, what is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Diseq is for switching between dishes or LNBs or control of a motor.

You need to see who sell packages in Morocco. You can't receive Sky there, so a Sky box and card is no use.

Ask a nieghbour with satellite who they buy it off.

With a 1.2m dish you might get many Sky channels, but not BBC, RTE, ITV, C4 as these are on Astra2D spot beam that doesn't reach north Africa.

In any case we don't discuss "codes" only free channels and legal package subscriptions. See the rules/charter/stickies

watty wrote: »
    Diseq is for switching between dishes or LNBs or control of a motor.

You need to see who sell packages in Morocco. You can't receive Sky there, so a Sky box and card is no use.

Ask a nieghbour with satellite who they buy it off.

With a 1.2m dish you might get many Sky channels, but not BBC, RTE, ITV, C4 as these are on Astra2D spot beam that doesn't reach north Africa.

In any case we don't discuss "codes" only free channels and legal package subscriptions. See the rules/charter/stickies

Many thanks for the info! I'll get to know my neighbours a bit better. As regards the codes I thought it was something I could buy and enter legitimately. If anyone can get Nilesat working there are a some good movie channels MBC2, 4, MBC action etc, but I like the documentaries and F1 as well so I'll try and get something sorted there.

I hope I haven't missed anything on Fair City :)

Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hi,
    I am in Casablanca, .

Why not change your location setting under your name as that can confuse people so instead of Dublin,Dundrum change it to Casablanca,Morocco.

I can tell your abit about receiving channels in Morocco as spent my summer holidays there every year.

Will you be staying long there?

Do you have a dish already?

Satellite equipment is very cheap there.

For Nilesat a 80cm dish is perfect.

For the packages as Watty said you need a card.

All those MBC channels are full of English speaking progs.

If you really want to follow Fair City rte.ie/faircity

All questions on Morocco welcome.

• Advertisement

HI Greenman,
    point taken about location.
    Will be here at least a year, though will move to Rabat in a month or so.
    So the dish / receiver I have now belongs to this apartment, I have no idea if the new apartment will be pre-equipped, but as you know there is a forest of dishes atop most apartment blocksso it's likely "something" will be there.

What sort of programmes / packages did you get while here, did you import your own equipment or buy local?

Advertisement