Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye think will be the essay qs for Higher Level Irish?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

For the Aiste, Alt Nuachtan or diospoireacht, is there anything you're especially concentrating on?

I'm hoping Irish language, poverty and the recession. Any other ones I should be prepared for?

Most likely topics? (Multiple Choice) 44 votes

Recession
    0%
    Poverty/Third World
    31%
    marshmallowspoonbadgerGERMAN ROCKSayumilovemathsjd007phicHellsingwoohoooUaschamógpiggiesOxfordCommasquirrel!QueenOfLeon 14 votes
    Irish Language
    22%
    marshmallowjefreywithoneflorna100GERMAN ROCKSsarah+1yaya*jd007woohooopiggiesQueenOfLeon 10 votes
    Teenagers - Drugs and Alcohol
    20%
    marshmallowjefreywithoneflorna100GERMAN ROCKSImJohnyaya*woohoooOxfordCommaQueenOfLeon 9 votes
    Sport
    9%
    marshmallowspoonbadgerImJohnayumi 4 votes
    Environment/Climate Change
    6%
    marshmallowphicUaschamóg 3 votes
    Government - Education system, Health system, Politicians
    2%
    spoonbadger 1 vote
    Other
    6%
    GERMAN ROCKSxOxSinéadxOxayumi 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anything related to poverty, crime, recession, drugs, im just going to go on about how theres no jobs, about drugs, emmigration etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Our teacher thinks something bout the GAA, cos they've an anniversary this year.
    So maybe that or something on sport in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Uaschamóg

phic wrote: »
    Our teacher thinks something bout the GAA, cos they've an anniversary this year.
    So maybe that or something on sport in general!

Your dead right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Uaschamóg wrote: »
    Your dead right

There was an interview of an athlete on the importance of sport in last years alt nuachtan bit tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm hoping for the recession, would be lovely.

There better not be anything on the GAA, I wouldn't be able to write an essay on it in English let alone Irish.

If it's sport in general though I suppose I could write a bit on the Grand Slam and Leinster winning the Heineken Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

There was an interview of an athlete on the importance of sport in last years alt nuachtan bit tho...

Health came up in two consecutive years though so I suppose there's a small chance sport can come up again.

I'm banking on an essay on the Irish language or poverty / the recession / politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squirrel!

Poverty/Third World
    please recession! your the only essay i have learned and i dont intend on doing another one! yes im leiscuil!(not even sure if i splet that right):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

Irish Language
    I know it's a hand enough title but how would you get 3 pages out of it?
    what points would you use?

all I can think of is:
    -Gaeltacht
    -scoileanna lán Gaeilge
    -nuachtáin gaeilge - foinse, lá, saol
    -TG4
    -Gael Linn, Feachtas....

even still they'd all be fairly short points?

any ideas? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Well the only thing I have learned is a debate on the Irish Language. So I really hope it comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

it bein a european language and des bishop good one to mention:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I'm hoping poverty to come up in the aiste. It would suit my story perfectly.

Advertisement