Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Kind of Lady Are You?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

I'm not a girly girl or a lady or a tomboy.

I'm just a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm a classy burd. Don't drink pints, don't swear, play various instruments and read lots of literature.

Jane Austen would go mad for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

hey all!
    im shy till i get to know you,loves everyone,always happy,talks way too much,little things make me happy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Im a tomboy,
    Im attached to my converse
    I worry about friends and family too much
    I have a sacrastic wit
    Im not materialistic
    I have no time for people who feel the need to pass comment on every person they see in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

I'm not a girly girl or a lady or a tomboy.

I'm just a woman.

no problem if you dont need the bells and whistles.....you rock on sis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

i dont think i can put a label on what kinda lady i am...
    guess im happy go lucky kinda gal.....have a great sense of humour...love music...not big into shopping....or bitchin.....not the typical girls traits!
    k this is looking like a dating ad now..im gonna stop here :eek:

i dont think i can put a label on what kinda lady i am...
    guess im happy go lucky kinda gal.....have a great sense of humour...love music...not big into shopping....or bitchin.....not the typical girls traits!
    k this is looking like a dating ad now..im gonna stop here :eek:

not big into shopping :eek: shopping for me is therapy even for the odd pair of knickers , but get my hands on some cash ????? outa my way . no seriously though / shopping is a big part of my life;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'll start out with a brief illustrative story:
    A few weeks ago, I lent a friend a pair of headphones and apologized for the state of the headphones, describing them as "ghetto," and my friend snorted and said, "Oh please. Like you would own anything ghetto."

I'm an artsy girl. I rarely wear jeans - usually dresses and skirts, often with a bold pattern. I like literature, am a classically trained vocalist, do collage work and write children's books. I don't drink much, but when I do, I only drink wine and cocktails. I like going to museums and traveling to different countries and around my own country. I enjoy clothes, but not shopping. I look for pieces that are unique and bold but also elegant and feminine. I love all things vintage and retro, especially cars,buildings, and appliances. I'm an introvert and enjoy doing things on my own. I traveled Australia and backpacked through Central Europe on my own.
    And yeah... that's me.

well fair play to you Metaoblivia, uve done some stuff i have only dreamed of /
    and Im too shaggin old now !!!! about the type of women we are / after a while reading peoples replies on the theme i would like to say if we were a
    roll of fabric then this roll would be made up of all the colours in nature ,
    all the shapes ever changing in all the clowds we have ever looked at ,
    and all the sounds Mozart gifted to the people of the world , glad you are a woman ????? I am ...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

I'm not a very girly girl - never was really. Live in jeans. Wear minimum makeup, barely straighten my hair though it's washed every day.

I'm kind, considerate, funny though I have a bit of a short fuse and I don't tolerate fools for more than 10 seconds.

I'm fiercely loyal and protective of my loved ones.

I'm not much of a "lady" but I have manners when I need to and swear like a trooper when pushed to my limits.

Prefer a night in a decent pub than parading myself around clubs.

I'm a happy wee thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Piste wrote: »
    I'm a classy burd. Don't drink pints, don't swear, play various instruments and read lots of literature.

Jane Austen would go mad for me ;)

I'll join that club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

valery wrote: »
    well fair play to you Metaoblivia, uve done some stuff i have only dreamed of /
    and Im too shaggin old now !!!! about the type of women we are / after a while reading peoples replies on the theme i would like to say if we were a
    roll of fabric then this roll would be made up of all the colours in nature ,
    all the shapes ever changing in all the clowds we have ever looked at ,
    and all the sounds Mozart gifted to the people of the world , glad you are a woman ????? I am ...:)

I dunno, if you asked a group of men what kind of guys they were you'd find responses as varied as this. In fact if you asked a bunch of random people what kind of person they are you'd probably find them like "all the colours in nature , all the shapes ever changing in all the clowds we have ever looked at ,and all the sounds Mozart gifted to the people of the world" I don't think being a woman has anything to do with it really :)

Piste wrote: »
    I dunno, if you asked a group of men what kind of guys they were you'd find responses as varied as this. In fact if you asked a bunch of random people what kind of person they are you'd probably find them like "all the colours in nature , all the shapes ever changing in all the clowds we have ever looked at ,and all the sounds Mozart gifted to the people of the world" I don't think being a woman has anything to do with it really :)

yes, read back on that and on reflection a bit overboard all right .........
    mind wanders , sentementallity sets in , and the joints start talking to you when you zip by 40 ........now where the hell did i leave me zimmerframe ????
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Eh, I don't like labelling myself but I'm a bit of a ''rockur!'' too. :p You probably wouldn't think it from my posts here but I'm quite shy in real-life. I can be quite lady-like and demure at times (in work situations, especially) , at other times I'm definetely not. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I look like a girl, I cry like a girl, but I think like a boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maddison wrote: »
    I look like a girl, I cry like a girl, but I think like a boy :D

Haha. I lol'd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm a female lady. Not to be confused with the male ladies.

is this getting a little bit complicated ????, :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's a running joke with my partner and i that im just a boy in a girl's body. particularly since i shaved my head. just about all my mates are dudes, most of my interests and hobbies are in male-dominated areas, eg, surfing, skating, rock climbing, metal/punk gigs.

my clothes, bar my bra, are just about all "men's clothes" (and particulaly scruffy ones at that). but tbh, im quite girly in that im quite talkative, emotional, work in a female dominated industry/sector (social care). so i duno. i definitely wouldnt identify as a 'lady'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Id be a feminine lady! pretty girly girl but love to hang out in lounge clothes 2!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I am

a scientist
    a feminist
    an artist
    an animal lover
    a loyal friend
    and a terrible enemy ;)

I'm intelligent, cynical, loving, and full of laughter.

I'm brave and strong but not as strong as I want to be.

I love to cook, I'm maternal, and I like "nesting".
    I hate cleaning and ironing but love the results.

I'm the mechanically minded one, I fix our bikes, build the flat pack furniture, and use the power tools.

I'm concerned with etiquette but I speak my mind.

I like the retro look but not retro ideas.

I'm not too different from many of you, I'd wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

it's a running joke with my partner and i that im just a boy in a girl's body. particularly since i shaved my head. just about all my mates are dudes, most of my interests and hobbies are in male-dominated areas, eg, surfing, skating, rock climbing, metal/punk gigs.

my clothes, bar my bra, are just about all "men's clothes" (and particulaly scruffy ones at that). but tbh, im quite girly in that im quite talkative, emotional, work in a female dominated industry/sector (social care). so i duno. i definitely wouldnt identify as a 'lady'.

any reason you shaved your head? Was it for charity? Or just because you wanted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, cos i wanted to, but a charity thing was happening at the same time, so i raised a few quid in the process. still woulda done it anyway. (just dont tell my mam >_>)

i definitely wouldnt identify as a 'lady'.

To me the word lady, describes a persons a manners.
    And not bull****e etiquette like not drinking out of pint classes, but how a person actually treats people.

I have the impression that your very much a lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MaryRose77

ha, cos i wanted to, but a charity thing was happening at the same time, so i raised a few quid in the process. still woulda done it anyway. (just dont tell my mam >_>)

Wow I am all for charity but no way i could shave my hair off for it!

to the op, i think i would class myself as a fashion lady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I've thought about this for a while, and I think I'd class myself as a simbo - a smart bimbo!

I'm big into fashion, make-up and other such girlie things ... taken at face value, I am a bit of a Barbie.
    But personality-wise, there is some depth there!

I'm also the kind of lady who goes out looking glamourous, dolled up to the nines, then changes into flats half-way through the night and stops bothering with trying to make my messed-up face look decent ;)

yeh, with you there but never had the brains to be a simbo nor the looks to be a bimbo , just a plain jane with a womans heart...:)....but , you touch my make up bag and Im gonna have to cut off your little pinkies !!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Hmm. Quiet, silly, shy, caring.

Advertisement