Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video Tutorial Suggestions

• 07-06-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Right I think I've figured out how to use a screen capture app and should be able to do a video walkthrough of whatever production stuff anyone wants.

Someone suggested the adding sub to a kick drum trick, but that'll only take a few seconds. So could anyone (especially the n00bs) suggest anything they'd like to see me run through regarding production techniques. It can be anything from making a bassline to synth programming to reverb automation to arrangement or whatever.

Go on, t'will be fun!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

jtsuited wrote: »
    Right I think I've figured out how to use a screen capture app and should be able to do a video walkthrough of whatever production stuff anyone wants.

Someone suggested the adding sub to a kick drum trick, but that'll only take a few seconds. So could anyone (especially the n00bs) suggest anything they'd like to see me run through regarding production techniques. It can be anything from making a bassline to synth programming to reverb automation to arrangement or whatever.

Go on, t'will be fun!:rolleyes:

I'd say something covering send/inserts/returns and the use of the drum buss would be useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

id say synthesis techniques and also use of effects(that sample delay,widener was great)
    it really is a hard one to pin down.
    i think side chaining is covered on the internet already so maybe a tutorial on a specific track would be good.

like if you chose a track of yours and said i used this synth to make this sound(show how you tweaked th synth to get that sound) and showed how you eq,d that sound and why you eq,d it that way etc.
    all in the context of a track where people could hear the result i reckon would be great.
    but honestly anything on video will be fantastic for someone to reference to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All the above :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

synthesis techniques would be great help to me ...

and basslines, jesus knows how I can struggle with the basslines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Well.. If you're paying mate! ;)

1. White Noise sweep up. (Never totally happy with mine.. Would like to see how someone else doing it..)

2. White Noise / Cymbal @ Kick back in, sidechained & decending in volume. (Again.. I'm not sure the way I do it is the most efficient)

3. Perc / Bass / Lead with delay - going off in into little rolls - Do you know what I mean? (Delays baffle me)

4. EQing / Tuning Bassline with Kick Drum (A mysterious area to me - If I had to choose one vid to do.. this would be the one)

5. Basslines in House / Minimal / Techno. Typical bassline synth or sample source identification / construction techniques.

6. Layering Kicks (Would love to see a video of that)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Vocal techniques..

Advertisement