Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Estimated release still 16th November? Man. what a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

some sites say that some say 5 days like expansys does

I'd say it'll be within the first two weeks of Nov, now that v20 for N97 is out and the n97 mini is released/about to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Amazon.co.uk still have 2nd November for the release date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

funkyflea wrote: »
    Just sold my N97 for €450.. :)

So where's the best place to get an N900?

haha you did well there

BArra wrote: »
    haha you did well there

Don't I know it. Stuck it up for sale online with v20 firmware advertised cos i;d just updated it. Snapped up straight away, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Don't I know it. Stuck it up for sale online with v20 firmware advertised cos i;d just updated it. Snapped up straight away, :P

What website?

Why, did you buy one for €450 by any chance

:P

im very interested in the n900, think ill wait a month after its out though, price shud have dropped a bit by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

:P

im very interested in the n900, think ill wait a month after its out though, price shud have dropped a bit by then
    Wouldn't count on it. Although you might be able to pick a cheap one up second hand at by that stage.

thats what ill do, loads of uk guys get them on upgrades without even breaking the seal on the box and flog em on

was contemplating a brand new sealed n97 last week for 300e, but i know i would regret it so ill hang tough for an n900

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I must give Vodafone a call in morning and see if I can get a Evaluation unit or if not see how much there looking for one...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I must give Vodafone a call in morning and see if I can get a Evaluation unit or if not see how much there looking for one...
    good luck with that, they're not available anywhere in the world (aside from afaik 400 review units given to various press people) for at least a couple of days, if not a couple of weeks if you believe the rumours.

it took the Irish vodafone and 02 stores at least a couple of months to get the n97 after launch day so i don't see the n900 being any different.
    was contemplating a brand new sealed n97 last week for 300e, but i know i would regret it so ill hang tough for an n900
    i was looking forward to getting the n97 and had it in my hand the day before the UK launch (thanks to expansys shipping early and fast) but they officially announced the n900 only a couple of months after the n97 launch and now i'm looking to get one of those instead. ah well, there will be something else out that's even better in a couple of months too.

too true, thats the thing with new techie gadgets, sooner rather than later there will be a better one around the corner, thems the breaks i guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Now not available on amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002QEBX5E

Hopefully they will still have some for those who pre ordered or maybe they have sold out ? Dont expect them to have this till about 20th nov dam I have waited this long:mad:

Still haven't placed my order, considering clove.co.uk. Wish we knew release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Still haven't placed my order, considering clove.co.uk. Wish we knew release date.

wouldnt go with clove.co.uk as they have december as the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm tempted, but still unsure if whether this is the device for me....hmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

I'm tempted, but still unsure if whether this is the device for me....hmmmmmmm.

And why is that!! what else compares to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Thor wrote: »
    that is pretty damn good news if you ask me.

vodafone only a few months ago were being laughed at for not having any decent phones for sale and now they are going to have iphone and n900. fair play to you vodafone for getting your act together.

If we all laugh real hard at Three do you think they'd get it too - after all, it could serve as some kind of apology for them pushing the less than sparkling N96 so hard.

I wonder how they and any other networks will handle the onboard Skype and SIP capability though - seems fairly integrated in the contacts interface from the videos I have seen. I guess the SIP would be easy enough to block at a network level but Skype?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

haha, SIP is crap ... and i've written some of the protocol stuff for it.... XMPP all the way.....
    wait.. i'm drunk... none of what i say may be held up in a courto law as real info :D
    woooo... I got an N900 leather cover yesterday.... wonder when i'll actually get something to put in the cover !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Nokia have delayed the release of the N900 until end November. I'd say realistically that could mean you're looking at early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Gekko wrote: »
    Nokia have delayed the release of the N900 until end November. I'd say realistically that could mean you're looking at early December.

source?

Ah december? I'll have spent the money by then!

I'll just hang on so and order closer to december.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Gekko wrote: »

Most reports I'm seeing are saying 1st or 2nd week in November for release. Although it's all just guess work as they seem to be supplier information not official Nokia announcments.

Amazon still have 2nd November on my order so hopefully that's when they are shipping

Check out this thread on maemo.org. It shows what others are saying about their orders and suppliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

joedumper wrote: »
    haha, SIP is crap ... and i've written some of the protocol stuff for it.... XMPP all the way.....
    wait.. i'm drunk... none of what i say may be held up in a courto law as real info :D
    woooo... I got an N900 leather cover yesterday.... wonder when i'll actually get something to put in the cover !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 :p

SIP is a daycent protocol, XMPP isn't bad but not the way those Google ****ers are ****ing it over for their web based google wave ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

And that right there is a great reason not to turn on the laptop after coming home from a night on the town!
    don't think there was any need for a drunken protocol discussion :rolleyes:

but yeah...
    SIP is fine for voice, but for IM or anything it's too heaveyweight, too many trimmings.
    XMPP is much more streamlined
    ETCH is even better.... but needs work and someone to adopt it.

Anywho thats the dayjob....
    i want my n900 :(

Expansys discounts on orders of 5 or more units? Anyone know what the discount would be roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

As we all suspected might happen, Exspansys.co.uk has changed the n900 due date to Sunday 15th November. This sucks. Im getting pissed off with these delays.

Advertisement