Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'd expect PR1.3 to be around October \ November and the main things it will include will be a QT Mobility upgrade and built in support for the Nokia Web Run Time stuff, as well as some bug fixes and stuff.

It's kind of strange how people keep going on about it not being supported but yet will probably have 3 major updates in a year. Now once Meego comes out that's probably about it so there is likely to be no long term (i.e. 2 year support) but the initial short term support was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone know of a twitter app, addon or wiget that works now?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Witter works, as does mauku (which also has a desktop widget), though neither is as polished as Gravity is. There's also twitter.com of course...

Sparks wrote: »
    Witter works, as does mauku (which also has a desktop widget), though neither is as polished as Gravity is. There's also twitter.com of course...

cool.

hmm do you have Mauku working on your 900?
    all my twitter apps and wigets stopped working a few days ago after twitter changed how they log in.

would be cool to have it running once more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

matrim wrote: »
    I'd expect PR1.3 to be around October \ November and the main things it will include will be a QT Mobility upgrade and built in support for the Nokia Web Run Time stuff, as well as some bug fixes and stuff.

It's kind of strange how people keep going on about it not being supported but yet will probably have 3 major updates in a year. Now once Meego comes out that's probably about it so there is likely to be no long term (i.e. 2 year support) but the initial short term support was good.

im sure maemo is here for the long run :pac:

• Advertisement

bedlam wrote: »
    TweeGo is pretty decent.

...And this one is still working for you?

None of my twitter apps are working right now, can anyone conferm if its just my 900 or not?

thanks!

Actually, you're right, Mauku isn't working with the new twitter api changes. Witter is though.

But then again, neither is twitbin... /goes to look for an update

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Folks, love the phone but the e-mail app is killing me and may result in me dropping it.

1. It takes an age to update as it is checking all folders (I have a huge number). I tried using Mfefolders to limit the folders to sync but it does not work for me. Any ideas or suggested other apps?

2. After updating or viewing mail my CPU stays at 100% and eventually my battery runs out or the thing crashes due to lack of memory. Any ideas? Is there a 'Task Manager' type app out there to see what the problem is?

3. Minor issue - when I click on the desktop e-mail widget it should really open my inbox directly. Is it possible to configure this?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your help guys! hope its sorted soon.
    off to download witter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Tweego stopped working for me too, glad I now know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Folks, love the phone but the e-mail app is killing me and may result in me dropping it.

1. It takes an age to update as it is checking all folders (I have a huge number). I tried using Mfefolders to limit the folders to sync but it does not work for me. Any ideas or suggested other apps?

2. After updating or viewing mail my CPU stays at 100% and eventually my battery runs out or the thing crashes due to lack of memory. Any ideas? Is there a 'Task Manager' type app out there to see what the problem is?

3. Minor issue - when I click on the desktop e-mail widget it should really open my inbox directly. Is it possible to configure this?

Thanks in advance

Just after I posted this had progress. The app actually opens after a while (even though you there is a 30 second gap where u r back at desktop with no indication it is still loading) but only stays active for roughly 1 min before it dies. Seems to max out memory or CPU - maybe due to the number of folders I have. So far have removed the A folders but it dies before I get to B - really frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Has anyone traded their n900 for an iphone 4g, or messed around with the two for any length of time. I'm seriously considering sell my beloved n900 and getting a 4g as I find the phone too unstable and not very user friendly for basic phone functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you really want to trade your phone then get something with Android. All the goodness of open source(But not quite on the level of Maemo I must say) but with even better UI and user friendliness than iPhone OS.

If you really want to trade your phone then get something with Android. All the goodness of open source(But not quite on the level of Maemo I must say) but with even better UI and user friendliness than iPhone OS.

Have to agree, I've been planing with 2.2 and I'm really blown away by it... would love the 900 to get Android stable on it...
    Hard to call between the HTC or Samsung for best phone award (running 2.2) I've played with both and still cant pick an outright winner.

Having said all that I would find it hard to part with my 900 for all it's good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Nephew wrote: »
    Has anyone traded their n900 for an iphone 4g, or messed around with the two for any length of time. I'm seriously considering sell my beloved n900 and getting a 4g as I find the phone too unstable and not very user friendly for basic phone functions.

I traded to an iPhone 4 for precisely that reason. It's lag free, stable and has the largest selection of quality apps between all the operating systems.

I actually didn't think a lag-free handset actually existed. My OH's got an android phone and I was so disappointed by it's performance and even more so by it's app market.

I only offer my opinion because you sound like you want something similar from a phone. I don't miss the hacking and fiddling one bit, and until recently would never have considered an iphone. But for me, it was like upgrading your old pentium to a quad core processor.. No more tearing my hair out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

funkyflea wrote: »
    I traded to an iPhone 4 for precisely that reason. It's lag free, stable and has the largest selection of quality apps between all the operating systems.

I actually didn't think a lag-free handset actually existed. My OH's got an android phone and I was so disappointed by it's performance and even more so by it's app market.

I only offer my opinion because you sound like you want something similar from a phone. I don't miss the hacking and fiddling one bit, and until recently would never have considered an iphone. But for me, it was like upgrading your old pentium to a quad core processor.. No more tearing my hair out.

Tbh the n900 has to be both the most brilliant and disappointing phone I have owned. Its far too laggy and unstable to truly be an awesome phone. I could nearly look past all this if it wasn't for the lack of proper phone features. How do you find the iphone battery life compared to the n900?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

For those of you complaining about the N900 being "laggy" and "unstable", have you overclocked your N900? If not then just install the power-kernel and you will find it anything but laggy. In what sense is it unstable? I must say I am struggling to remember the last time mine crashed or appeared unstable.

The lack of certain apps due to a tiny market share is definitely a downside of the N900 but I dont think adjectives such as laggy and unstable are fair.

I have Power Kernel (Titan's kernel) installed with the "ideal" profile. This makes response times much faster and as a bonus extends battery life. There is a theoretical risk of this damaging the handset but lets face it everyone is at it :D

As much as I despair to see this thread hijacked by iPhone talk, just for reference my colleague placed his iPhone 4 next to my N900 and we both went to the Irish Times website. It was a very close call, I would say the iPhone had a slight edge but the difference to our eyes was negligible.

No doubt the iPhone 4 is an excellent piece of hardware, but I think the N900 isn't far off and beats the pants off an iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3gs 165 ppi
    N900 266 ppi
    iPhone 4 326 ppi

The touch is better in the iP4, the N900 was built with resistive touch screen to support use of a stylus but with a screen this size a stylus is largely redundant so I think this was a mistake. On the other hand the N900 has a physical keyboard which is far superior to any touch screen keyboard. The physical size of the iP4 is obviously a significant advantage.

I would say on balance the iPhone 4 is probably a superior device but not by a long way. In terms of OS and hardware the N900 can do almost everything the iP4 can do (multi-touch gestures excluded), the iP4 does some things better and vice versa. The iP4 obviously blows the N900 away in terms of apps, however if you exclude fad apps how many apps do you really need? The only one I miss is Sling Player, all the basics (web, email, IM etc work great on the N900).

I have looked at NITDroid (Android for Nokia Internet tablets), it runs ok on the N900 once you have a class 6 MicroSD card or better. No cellular functions just yet but the guys have it working in development and are working on making it stable so it can't be far off. After playing with Froyo (2.2) on NITDroid I actually prefer Maemo to Android but maybe just because I'm more familiar with it.

So in summary, if you want an iPhone go out and get one but please let this forum be a rare fragment of the Internet that is an iPhone free zone :P The N900 is a techies phone and I'm sure will be around for years to come, I'll probably stick with it until middle of next year and then check out the market again but I have no regrets with the N900.

Nephew wrote: »
    Tbh the n900 has to be both the most brilliant and disappointing phone I have owned. Its far too laggy and unstable to truly be an awesome phone. I could nearly look past all this if it wasn't for the lack of proper phone features. How do you find the iphone battery life compared to the n900?

Battery life is better. Honestly, if anyone
    OneWayBet wrote: »
    For those of you complaining about the N900 being "laggy" and "unstable", have you overclocked your N900? If not then just install the power-kernel and you will find it anything but laggy. In what sense is it unstable? I must say I am struggling to remember the last time mine crashed or appeared unstable.

The lack of certain apps due to a tiny market share is definitely a downside of the N900 but I dont think adjectives such as laggy and unstable are fair.

I have Power Kernel (Titan's kernel) installed with the "ideal" profile. This makes response times much faster and as a bonus extends battery life. There is a theoretical risk of this damaging the handset but lets face it everyone is at it :D

As much as I despair to see this thread hijacked by iPhone talk, just for reference my colleague placed his iPhone 4 next to my N900 and we both went to the Irish Times website. It was a very close call, I would say the iPhone had a slight edge but the difference to our eyes was negligible.

No doubt the iPhone 4 is an excellent piece of hardware, but I think the N900 isn't far off and beats the pants off an iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3gs 165 ppi
    N900 266 ppi
    iPhone 4 326 ppi

The touch is better in the iP4, the N900 was built with resistive touch screen to support use of a stylus but with a screen this size a stylus is largely redundant so I think this was a mistake. On the other hand the N900 has a physical keyboard which is far superior to any touch screen keyboard. The physical size of the iP4 is obviously a significant advantage.

I would say on balance the iPhone 4 is probably a superior device but not by a long way. In terms of OS and hardware the N900 can do almost everything the iP4 can do (multi-touch gestures excluded), the iP4 does some things better and vice versa. The iP4 obviously blows the N900 away in terms of apps, however if you exclude fad apps how many apps do you really need? The only one I miss is Sling Player, all the basics (web, email, IM etc work great on the N900).

I have looked at NITDroid (Android for Nokia Internet tablets), it runs ok on the N900 once you have a class 6 MicroSD card or better. No cellular functions just yet but the guys have it working in development and are working on making it stable so it can't be far off. After playing with Froyo (2.2) on NITDroid I actually prefer Maemo to Android but maybe just because I'm more familiar with it.

So in summary, if you want an iPhone go out and get one but please let this forum be a rare fragment of the Internet that is an iPhone free zone :P The N900 is a techies phone and I'm sure will be around for years to come, I'll probably stick with it until middle of next year and then check out the market again but I have no regrets with the N900.

No, haven't overclocked, didn't really want to either because I planned on reselling the device sooner or later and didn't want to mess around with that.

I must add, N900 is the best part of a year older than iPhone 4, and the fact that it's hardware is still impressive is something worth mentioning. For me, the N900 faded quite a bit in the last few months I had it. Slow to boot, extremely slow to remove/load apps and catalogues. Web browser became laggy and crashed - other app's crashed. Youtube support disappeared - even with every youtube-specific app I could find, none worked. I didn't even go crazy installing apps either.

Lack of Nokia supported MMS was a bit unforgiveable though. I guess I got tired of having to finish what Nokia started by fiddling. Given that, I still think Maemo is a better operating system than Symbian - and dare I say it - even Android. I say this because my OH just got an Android device yesterday and it is very underwhelming indeed. There may be 70,000 apps on there, but they seem to be mostly 'wallpapers' or poorly ported java games.

iPhone 100% blows N900 and Android devices out of the water. I keep coming back to 'content is king' and iOS is a good example of that. There's tons of fad apps - probably 70% of the apps on the appstore are junk. But for me, I use:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Photoshop
    Google Earth
    Google Voice Search
    Dragon Dictation (speech to text)
    Sky Mobile TV (fantastic quality, live tv)
    iBooks
    Sky+ (also available on android and is on N900 in some shape or form unofficially)
    Paddy Power
    Irish Cinema Times
    Irish Lotto Results
    Pumps.ie (petrol prices)
    Pixelpipe (uploading hd video)
    News/Blog apps: Engadget, Sky news, Sky sports, RTE Radio stations, Eurosport, Xbox, Newstalk player, loads of soccer news/score apps.
    IMDb
    Carzone.ie app
    Shazam
    Irish Taxi (taxi's based on your location, estimated fares, contact details)
    Daft.ie
    Golden Pages
    Ebay
    Paypal
    Xe currency converter
    'Money' app - brilliant free finance app
    Bord Gais account checker app
    MSN, Skype, Eirtext (sending webtext), Yahoo messenger, Foursquare, Nimbuzz
    Wordpress app
    Read it later
    Dropbox
    Justin.tv
    Youtube
    TuneWiki
    Loads of great music creation apps.
    Then there's the games, Ridge Racer, Street fighter 4, Assassins Creed, Mirrors Edge, Driver, GTA, Resident Evil, Farmville(haha), Civilization, The Sims 3 (in full 3D).. loads more, all really good quality games.

I don't want to hijack the thread with iPhone stuff.. I had an N900 for 7 months and I did everything with it except for overclocking, so I thought that my opinion may be of use to others who felt the same way as I did.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

damn you and your temptation!

i'm not avoiding an inphone because they're not any good, i'm avoiding them because i don't agree with apple's way of doing business.

i suppose i could just get one and then jailbreak it. :D

• Advertisement

I'm not a steve jobs fan by any means, I've always criticised Apple's business model in some shape or form over the years, but the feckin' thing just works.

Missing from iPhone is flash and (unless you jailbreak it) a file manager and bluetooth sharing of files. (Have to say I haven't missed any of these yet). The youtube app works far better than any browser I've used on other phones.

I guess I didn't 'get' the iPhone until I 'got' one!

Anyway, to keep this on N900 related matters, has N900 had an update to support flash again? Is portrait mode any closer to being finished? Recently sold mine on ebay.

Twitter
    Facebook
    Photoshop
    Google Earth
    Google Voice Search
    iBooks
    Sky+ (also available on android and is on N900 in some shape or form unofficially)
    Paddy Power
    Irish Cinema Times
    Irish Lotto Results
    Pumps.ie (petrol prices)
    News/Blog apps: Engadget, Sky news, Sky sports, RTE Radio stations, Eurosport, Xbox, Newstalk player, loads of soccer news/score apps.
    IMDb
    Carzone.ie app
    Shazam
    Daft.ie
    Golden Pages
    Ebay
    Paypal
    Xe currency converter
    Wordpress app
    Read it later
    Dropbox
    Justin.tv
    Youtube
    TuneWiki
    Then there's the games, Ridge Racer, Street fighter 4, Assassins Creed, Mirrors Edge, Driver, GTA, Resident Evil, Farmville(haha), Civilization, The Sims 3 (in full 3D).. loads more, all really good quality games.

The vast majority of the apps there are simply subsitutes for websites which the n900 can use perfectly therefore no need to install an app. Imagine having a pc that you have to install apps to view content from the web!
    As for msn yahoo etc n900's integration beats the iphone hands down
    For shazam on n900 there is instinctiv

Cant beat beat the iphone on the games though!

Have to say, I read that list and for about three-quarters of it, was mostly thinking "Why would anyone have an app for that? The webpage is right there...".

Haven't noticed any sluggishness on my N900, except when I've got four or five things running on it. Haven't noticed much instability either, it's crashed once in the time I've had it. I've had symbian phones do that more often than the N900.

Personally, I've seen the iPhone 3 and 4 and while the screen on the 4 is impressive, that's a third-party component that Apple bought in; give it a year and every phone will have one. As to the actual Apple stuff, I got to see how limited the programming environment for apps actually is and how limited the software on the phone actually is over the last two years, and frankly, I wouldn't touch it with yours.

Haven't had the same degree of contact with android, so I've no comments there, but it's come under some criticism at the embedded programming conference a while back for having some poor design choices, so I'd imagine it can't be perfect.

Will I switch? Maybe to the N9 depending on what it looks like when we finally get to see more than rumours. But to give you an example, last night I was able to go home to my parent's place, connect to the wifi there, and use ssh to copy over a video to one of the laptops to show them. And normally, I can download podcasts via gPodder, copy videos from my laptop without transcoding them to some wierd format and watch them natively on the N900, I can manage emails while away from the computer, I can make skype video calls as easily as normal phone calls; basicly, the N900 isn't really a phone, so much as it is a netbook in a small form factor with a built-in 3G card and the ability to mimic a phone. Compared to that... well, everything else on the market, even a year later, comes up short.

The vast majority of the apps there are simply subsitutes for websites which the n900 can use perfectly therefore no need to install an app. Imagine having a pc that you have to install apps to view content from the web!
    As for msn yahoo etc n900's integration beats the iphone hands down
    For shazam on n900 there is instinctiv

Cant beat beat the iphone on the games though!

Yup you're correct that a good few of those can be run in the browser. But the thing is, it's not a desktop PC, so that is why installing apps has been welcomed by the iPhone (and android community). Search through Android's appstore, a lot of their apps are based on websites. A prime example on the N900 is TweeGo - a gorgeous twitter client (still one of the best I've ever seen), I found it much easier to use TweeGo than launch the browser.

See, I prefer to launch an app (many of which are more than just web browsers and are very well ported to a mobile screen, in the same vein as TweeGo) and have it load up instantly, as opposed to launching the browser, typing in the address/selecting the bookmark, then probably having to zoom in etc.

N900 wins on contact/IM integration, I loved that feature, but sometimes I wanted to be able to go online on MSN and not on Facebook. To do this, I'd have to remove the facebook account before going online with MSN and then I'd have to set up that account again when I wanted to use it, so it was not without it's flaws, such as that and also the duplicate messages bug. iPhone allows me to have those apps separate, running or not running, and alert me on screen just like a text if something changes or someone messages me. Plus, each had their own interface just like it would on my desktop PC, which is something I do like.

The downsides to having apps are; they could take up space on the device (with 32GB it's not an issue for most), they can be quite slow to receive updates whereas an internet website is updated as soon as the website owner updates the page. But again, this hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Have to say, I read that list and for about three-quarters of it, was mostly thinking "Why would anyone have an app for that? The webpage is right there...".

Haven't noticed any sluggishness on my N900, except when I've got four or five things running on it. Haven't noticed much instability either, it's crashed once in the time I've had it. I've had symbian phones do that more often than the N900.

Personally, I've seen the iPhone 3 and 4 and while the screen on the 4 is impressive, that's a third-party component that Apple bought in; give it a year and every phone will have one. As to the actual Apple stuff, I got to see how limited the programming environment for apps actually is and how limited the software on the phone actually is over the last two years, and frankly, I wouldn't touch it with yours.

Haven't had the same degree of contact with android, so I've no comments there, but it's come under some criticism at the embedded programming conference a while back for having some poor design choices, so I'd imagine it can't be perfect.

Will I switch? Maybe to the N9 depending on what it looks like when we finally get to see more than rumours. But to give you an example, last night I was able to go home to my parent's place, connect to the wifi there, and use ssh to copy over a video to one of the laptops to show them. And normally, I can download podcasts via gPodder, copy videos from my laptop without transcoding them to some wierd format and watch them natively on the N900, I can manage emails while away from the computer, I can make skype video calls as easily as normal phone calls; basicly, the N900 isn't really a phone, so much as it is a netbook in a small form factor with a built-in 3G card and the ability to mimic a phone. Compared to that... well, everything else on the market, even a year later, comes up short.

I think what we're hammering out here is that N900 is not, or shouldn't be marketed as a phone or for phone users. iPhone is. I don't want to mess around with things like SSH anymore. You're fortunate then to have an N900 that is smooth and bug free, mine gradually degraded over time. One thing I will commend it for is it's Skype integration, I can't believe the audacity of Apple to applaud Facetime as 'revolutionary' in this regard - although it's quality is somewhat better than N900's skype video.

The video playback is a non issue for me also as I don't watch a lot of mobile video, aside from youtube or stuff on iTunes. Email management is much better on iPhone 4 in my opinion, the N900 email client was too slow - the only thing I figure it's got going for it is the hardware keypad, which obviously iPhone can't match.

There's also the complete freedom any app writer has with the N900, and the point that they can code in Python. For most users, that's not even an issue, but for anyone writing apps, it's a major thing - and for the rest of the users, the apps are fairly important...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's also the complete freedom any app writer has with the N900, and the point that they can code in Python. For most users, that's not even an issue, but for anyone writing apps, it's a major thing - and for the rest of the users, the apps are fairly important...

And yet they still can't write anything that's actually useful :pac:

I keed, I keed...well sorta :D

Actually is the any way to the disassociate the phone volume from the system volume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Bambi wrote: »
    And yet they still can't write anything that's actually useful :pac:

I keed, I keed...well sorta :D

Actually is the any way to the disassociate the phone volume from the system volume?

Oi! I've written 2 very useful apps

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Battery life is better. Honestly, if anyone

No, haven't overclocked, didn't really want to either because I planned on reselling the device sooner or later and didn't want to mess around with that.

I must add, N900 is the best part of a year older than iPhone 4, and the fact that it's hardware is still impressive is something worth mentioning. For me, the N900 faded quite a bit in the last few months I had it. Slow to boot, extremely slow to remove/load apps and catalogues. Web browser became laggy and crashed - other app's crashed. Youtube support disappeared - even with every youtube-specific app I could find, none worked. I didn't even go crazy installing apps either.

Lack of Nokia supported MMS was a bit unforgiveable though. I guess I got tired of having to finish what Nokia started by fiddling. Given that, I still think Maemo is a better operating system than Symbian - and dare I say it - even Android. I say this because my OH just got an Android device yesterday and it is very underwhelming indeed. There may be 70,000 apps on there, but they seem to be mostly 'wallpapers' or poorly ported java games.

iPhone 100% blows N900 and Android devices out of the water. I keep coming back to 'content is king' and iOS is a good example of that. There's tons of fad apps - probably 70% of the apps on the appstore are junk. But for me, I use:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Photoshop
    Google Earth
    Google Voice Search
    iBooks
    Paddy Power
    Irish Cinema Times
    Irish Lotto Results
    Pumps.ie (petrol prices)
    IMDb
    Carzone.ie app
    Shazam
    Daft.ie
    Golden Pages
    Ebay
    Paypal
    Xe currency converter
    Wordpress app
    Read it later
    Dropbox
    Justin.tv
    Youtube
    TuneWiki

I don't want to hijack the thread with iPhone stuff.. I had an N900 for 7 months and I did everything with it except for overclocking, so I thought that my opinion may be of use to others who felt the same way as I did.. :)

I'm glad your new phone is working out well for you. Meanwhile for people who want to keep their N900 and find it "laggy" please do yourself a favour and install power-kernel to overclock it. Honestly you won't believe the difference this makes, if you install the "ideal" kernel it increases the min speed from 250Mhz to 500Mhz meaning when you pick up the phone and start "swishing" across desktops the performance is there from the start without waiting for it to ramp up the CPU. Secondly it increases the max speed from 600Mhz to 850Mhz. Many people go further and overclock beyond 1GHz but I find 850Mhz is enough for my needs. Finally power-kernel undervolts to compensate for higher speeds, in addition to reducing temperature it is widely reported that your battery life will be extended by overclocking. It is also predicted by the experts that your phone lifetime actually be extended due to this, although nobody has proof of this.

Installing is very easy, take a few mins to read up on it and then the actual install takes seconds : http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power

• Advertisement

N900 wins on contact/IM integration, I loved that feature, but sometimes I wanted to be able to go online on MSN and not on Facebook. To do this, I'd have to remove the facebook account before going online with MSN and then I'd have to set up that account again when I wanted to use it, so it was not without it's flaws, such as that and also the duplicate messages bug. .

Maybe I miss read here but I think this can be done by just editing what log-ins are running in 'My availability' part of the device. You just tap the menu bar then 'Availability' and from there you set what is logged in on each tab. EG: Gmail and Twitter only turned on for 'in work' and MSN, Gmail, Twitter Skype, facebook and Yahoo turned on for 'Everything' you then just tap between them as needed and the n900 does the rest logging off or in to what you want.

Advertisement