Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

matrim wrote: »
    I don't think this is true but I'm not 100% sure

Thats the main reason Id rather get one from europe. Well not to mention avoiding a nasty bill from customs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The American versions of the phone doesnt not have the ability to use European 3G? Just a thought. Thought I read something like that somewhere.

They are all being built with the same bands. The ones in bold are the ones needed for ireland.

Quad-band EGSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/1700/2100

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

I verified that the US is compatible with Eurozone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

bren32 wrote: »
    Is the American version of the N900 different than the EU version?
    the American *N900 is much fatter and slower and the GPS only has 2 valid locations outside of the US, "Europe" and "Asia", but that's as detailed as you'll get. :D

*joking. :)

expansys put their date back again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

so can anyone list all the valid places to order from in Ireland ie all those that will deliver to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

so can anyone list all the valid places to order from in Ireland ie all those that will deliver to Ireland?

sticky has some online shop suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just of the phone from Amazon and the expected shipping date is today. They could not say if they have it in stock. So Fingers crossed may have it this week:D Also read some reviews on those who have already received retail version from Nokia & seem to be happy. Think I saw someone had it in landscape mode on you tube:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

I'd be very surprised if Amazon actually dispatch today ( although very happy if they did ).

As far as I can see, the only place that has starting shipping is the preorders on Nokia's online stores.

Rumours say the other retailers most likely won't have it till after christmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Think I saw someone had it in landscape mode on you tube:confused:

You mean portrait mode? That was a bug someone discovered but couldnt replicate. It happened when they tried to open the phone dialer and slid out the keyboard. Hopefully Nokia will develop the bug into a feature for a future update.

You mean portrait mode? That was a bug someone discovered but couldnt replicate. It happened when they tried to open the phone dialer and slid out the keyboard. Hopefully Nokia will develop the bug into a feature for a future update.

I stand corrected yes it was that:o I will be back onto Amazon later to see if they are shipping it today dont hold out much hope:(

• Advertisement

emailed Amazon... but got a canned response :
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the difficulty you have experienced so far with your order #12334455667788

I can understand that you need the item "Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software" before Christmas, but I cannot assure you will get this item before Christmas.

While we do our best to adhere to our estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, changes in our supply chain can add time to your order.

Please be advised that I have contacted our buying team with regard to this delay and they are currently looking into it. Once we receive any update on the order status you will be notified immediately.

I can certainly understand that this was not what you expected when you placed your order and would understand if you'd prefer to cancel it.

If you do wish to cancel an item or an order, please visit the "Your Account" link at the top of any page of our website, and then click "Cancel or Change Orders". After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to view your order history and cancel any item or order that has not yet entered the dispatch process

We will not charge you for an item until we dispatch it to you. We'll send you an e-mail when we dispatch it from our Fulfilment Centre, confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

If you have any further questions please visit our FAQ page by using the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200339620

Thank you for your patience, and for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Slight change from last week there. I got this off the last monday.

When did you order joe and what's your estimate on the order page? I ordered 14th October and estimated dispatch is today
    Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the difficulty you have experienced so far with your order #111111111111. I can confirm that the estimated ship date did change but the order is now on time to be delivered to you on December 4th 2009.

While we do our best to adhere to our estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, changes in our supply chain can add time to your order.

Please be advised that I have contacted our buying team with regard to this delay and they are currently looking into it. Once we receive any update on the order status you will be notified immediately.

I can certainly understand that this was not what you expected when you placed your order and would understand if you'd prefer to cancel it. If you do wish to cancel an item or an order, please visit the "Your Account" link at the top of any page of our website, and then click "Cancel or Change Orders". After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to view your order history and cancel any item or order that has not yet entered the dispatch process

We will not charge you for an item until we dispatch it to you. We'll send you an e-mail when we dispatch it from our Fulfilment Centre, confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

If you have any further questions please visit our FAQ page by using the following link:

I ordered on the 7th Oct ,

and my delivery has been as follows for about 3 weeks :

Items not yet dispatched:
    Delivery estimate: 2 Dec 2009 - 4 Dec 2009
    Dispatch estimate: 29 Nov 2009 - 30 Nov 2009

I'm now looking at ways to get it from nokia.co.uk
    as i'm losing confidence in amazon to get it shipped before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

joedumper wrote: »
    I ordered on the 7th Oct ,

and my delivery has been as follows for about 3 weeks :

I'm now looking at ways to get it from nokia.co.uk
    as i'm losing confidence in amazon to get it shipped before christmas.

If you have any relatives in Uk, get it shipped there, and ask them to post it over to you, i have a cousin living in Warminster, who received his delivery about a week or so ago.

aye, I know a guy in Armagh,
    have just asked him if it's ok to send it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Order Placed: 5 Oct 2009

Grr still getting the same info from Amazon:

Me thinks it wont be today...:(... maybe evein not this month:eek:

Lol we are building this thing up so much I hope it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone have an update on the phone's compatibility with 3 sim cards? Or are they still borked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Jim wrote: »
    Anyone have an update on the phone's compatibility with 3 sim cards? Or are they still borked?

depends how new your 3 sim card is. some people have it working on sim cards that are over a year old and some have it working on ones that are about 8 months old, but some say they have sim cards for 2 years ago and they dont work.

no sure at this point. they say three sims dont work full stop and it will be fixed before the new year. at this point who knows if we will even have are phones by then!!

Jim wrote: »

The fix is due out in the next firmware release which is supposed to be before Christmas.

I just emailed amazon today to see what they would say and got this
    Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk regarding your order #111111111

I am sorry to say that there has been an unexpected delay in receiving "Nokia N900 Sim Free Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software" from our suppliers

The availability and dispatch times listed on our website are estimates, and not guarantees. While we do our best to stick to these times, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to your order.

I understand that the dispatch estimate for this order is November 30, 2009. However, we are still waiting for an update regarding the supply of the item from our suppliers.

Please understand that as a retailer, we rely solely on the supply from our supplier.

Our suppliers have proven over time to offer a very efficient and reliable service. However, we are very aware that as a company we rely heavily on the suppliers to supply our customers with their items.

We now expect your order to be delivered by December 04, 2009.

On the date of dispatch, we will send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Due to this unexpected delay, I have taken the delivery cost of 4.08 GBP from your order.

As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.

I’m sure that this was not what you expected when you placed your order and you might prefer to cancel it. If you do want to cancel an item or an order, visit the "Your Account" link at the top of any page of our website, and then click "View Recent and Open Orders". After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to view your order history and cancel any item or order that has not yet entered the dispatch process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    If you have any relatives in Uk, get it shipped there, and ask them to post it over to you, i have a cousin living in Warminster, who received his delivery about a week or so ago.

it still says available to pre-order on the Nokia site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

god's toy wrote: »
    Order Placed: 5 Oct 2009

Grr still getting the same info from Amazon:

Me thinks it wont be today...:(... maybe evein not this month:eek:

Lol we are building this thing up so much I hope it's worth it.

I must be going blind .. i cant find the nokia n900 on amazon.co.uk anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

foobar wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-N900-Mobile-Computer-Software/dp/B002QEBX5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259616684&sr=1-3

Not easy to find

foobar wrote: »

Oh my heart! You made me jump there, I was thinking they pulled it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

date has been pushed back on amazon. now shipping the 16th!!!

cancelled my order. going to buy it when i can walk into a shop and get it or order from a site that has it in stock. dont mind waiting until the new year.

going to new york near the end of the month so my consider picking one up over there. shame about the warranty though!!

Yep same here:

Dispatch estimate: 16 Dec 2009
    Delivery estimate: 17 Dec 2009

Would love to know how they will get it here in one day.

I'm still hanging on, if it arrives just before xmas that would be cool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

god's toy wrote: »
    Oh my heart! You made me jump there, I was thinking they pulled it or something.

Sorry about that :) . Did a search on Amazon but it does not seem to be in the result list.

Mine has been pushed back too. Time to see if I can get a friend in the UK to order for me and then send it over

Yep bad news this morning:mad:

What are the hopes of having this for xmas slim and none me thinks

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software"
    Estimated arrival date: December 17 2009

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

• Advertisement

Same here :

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software"
    Estimated arrival date: December 17 2009

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

now showing :
    Delivery estimate: 17 Dec 2009
    Dispatch estimate: 16 Dec 2009
    1 of: Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software

I think after 2 long months... I'm done with Amazon on this one.
    Time to execute Plan B !

Advertisement