Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Just noticed your post on talk.maemo.org joe.

3-4 weeks on nokia online is a bit of a wait. I think I'm going to put an order in with them too but keep my amazon one and see which gets shipped first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if they ship at the same time ill give you 200 euro for one of them ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

I'm doing the same Matrim,

first to ship gets my business :)

Was rather dissappointed to see the 3-4 week anticipated delivery on Nokia.co.uk , but someone has said on maemo.org that it's just a canned response and not necessarily an indication of when it will ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Expansys.co.uk has not surprisingly slipped again by two more days. Looks like itll be lonelyyyyyyy this Christmas, without it to hold....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was tired of waiting so contact Nokia Finland to complain. They in turn told me to get in touch with Nokia Ireland. I asked them when are they shipping these phones to retailers amazon etc. They said they were out of stock at the moment. They are only shipping those bought on-line via the Nokia website. They don't know when the next batch will be in. Also if you want to buy on-line and ship to a UK address you need a Uk visa DAMN. They could not say when they will be shipping to retailers....:mad:

• Advertisement

Are you sure about the Uk visa being required to order ??

I put my order through with my Mastercard,
    though i did put down the shipping and my own address as being in NI ( my mates house ).

My order was just updated saying they have the item in stock, and are proceeding with processing :D

Thats what they said on the phone to me. You may want to ring them to check 1890 946 245. What was the price on the Nokia website ? If your oder is working may order it myself and get delivered to Big Sis in London thats depending on price much difference between that and Amazon?

Price is £499 http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk/product.aspx?sku=10208380&culture=en-GB

free shipping ( to uk address obviously ).

I have an preorder with Amazon since october 7th!
    Only put this preorder in yesterday.
    Finally seeing some sign that i might get this machine this year !!

Really hoping i don't get an order cancellation now.

joedumper wrote: »

I put my order through with my Mastercard,
    though i did put down the shipping and my own address as being in NI ( my mates house ).

My order was just updated saying they have the item in stock, and are proceeding with processing :D

Their FAQ does have

Can I get my item sent to another address?
    No. We cannot deliver your item to any address except your registered debit or credit card address.

So if your CC address isn't the same as the delivery address you might run into problems. I got my friend to order using his address and CC just to be on the safe side.

Feck :(

why does it have to be so difficult to give someone 550euro!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm going to buy this on the nokia US site. ~400 euros.

Was it confirmed that there was no difference with the US and EU models?

Thanks!

People who ordered direct from Nokia last week are reporting that theirs is shipping so I hope our orders are as quick.

Just a pity I didn't order from nokia at the start as the guy ordering for me is over here at the weekend and could have brought it with him

I'm going to buy this on the nokia US site. ~400 euros.

Was it confirmed that there was no difference with the US and EU models?

Thanks!

I read something about the WLAN channels being slightly different 1 - 11 on US model and 1 - 13 on EU model, but for 99% of people this shouldn't make any difference. And for the few it does effect it's easy to just change the channel on your access point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I spotted the wlan difference alright. Shouldn't be a problem.
    I presume the keyboard layouts will be the same. Going to check it out now.

Just rang Nokia UK. Yep you need a UK CC:mad: They said they are getting more in stock but if ordered today you should receive it in a week. I wonder if Big Sis will lend me £499 before Christmas and order it in the UK for me:confused: Got it for £496.55 on Amazon not much diff and Big Sis home for Xmas hmmmm

I haven't received a cancellation just yet ( touches wood )...
    and at least one guy on maemo.org has ... ...
    so maybe , just maybe... i'll slip through.

Otherwise, it's time to start calling in favours in the UK :rolleyes:

just rang nokia uk,

The guy said the order should go through today, but he had no info on whether the payment had been verified yet

Amazon say no but Big Sis said yes:D

Of to cancel my order with Amazon as the wait was to long:rolleyes: Lets just hope that Big Sis does not forget it when flying home

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

rang the credit card company there ... the transaction went through !!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is that just the authorization for the money or the actual removal of the money. Have you any shipping notices?

• Advertisement

As i understand it, removal of money.
    Waiting on shipping notice now.

As i understand it, removal of money.
    Waiting on shipping notice now.

Cool, I ordered a couple of hours after you so hopefully I get my shipping info soon to.

Goodluck, hopefully you made this batch too...
    if not it'll be next week.

You've probably seen it already ... but this thread on maemo.org is good ..
    http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=404985#post404985

who was that with Amazon or Nokia Store UK? Are you getting it posted/billed to a Republic address or UK?

That was with Nokia Uk.
    I'm getting it posted to NI , a mate down there.
    the billing address was a bit sneaky.. but i got away with it.
    I put it down the same as the postal address ( which nokia uk require ) ...
    so it was the address down the north, even though the real billing address is in Mayo !
    I seem to have ( touch wood ) gotten away with it :D

I don't see amazon being before christmas... or very close to it at best.

Just one more reason to hate Christmas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Your order has been cancelled as we were unable to process your payment with the card and personal details provided. For customer security every order is reviewed prior to despatch.

We apologise for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause. Please visit our Nokia at http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk to create a new order. Prior to resubmitting your order, we recommend that you confirm all details are correct and as shown on your card issusers' statement.

If you have any questions about placing a new order please contact Nokia Customer Service here or by phone on 0845 0455555 (local rate number) from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, except public holidays.

I was caught out :(

damnit ... gona need to find someone in england who has lots of money and likes me :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I was caught out :(

damnit ... gona need to find someone in england who has lots of money and likes me :rolleyes:

Sorry joe. I feel bad for you. Unless you missing out means I get mine quicker ;)

:P

did you manage to get a friend in uk to order it for you is it ?

• Advertisement

:P

did you manage to get a friend in uk to order it for you is it ?

Yeah, my brother lives over there. And he ordered it with his CC.

The most annoying thing is I can't check on the status of the order myself and have to wait for him to update me.

Advertisement