Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

Big P wrote: »
    I'm happy to report: WRONG!

I ordered my N900 on Saturday Nov 28th with my EBS VISA card from nokia.co.uk and it was delivered to my sisters house in London today (used same address for billing, but with my name). The confirmation email said expected delivery of 3-4 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Should have it in my hands early next week :)

Ok thanks.I had contacted them by phone after trying it online and they said no.I might try again.What did you put in for the credit card postcode?Thats where I had problem

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

LK1 wrote: »
    Ok thanks.I had contacted them by phone after trying it online and they said no.I might try again.What did you put in for the credit card postcode?Thats where I had problem
    I used the same billing address as the london delivery address (with my name), and it went through no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Let us know how you get on. €400 is a savage price for it. If I could get one at that price I'd probably go for it.
    Tom could set up a nice little export business! :pac:

Big P wrote: »
    I used the same billing address as the london delivery address (with my name), and it went through no problem.

Wow I talked to my credit card(BOI) company yesterday and they said that if the billing address was one letter out it mightn't go through, never mind a whole different uk billing address.
    I'm jealous-bit concerned bout your banks ccard security procedure-but more jealous!
    Enjoy your N900:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

My brother just sent me on the shipping confirmation :D
    The following item/s that you ordered was shipped on 3-12-2009 from our warehouse.

Hopefully I should have my N900 by the end of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

I tried to have my billing address as the N.I. delivery address,,, and the bank/CC were ok with it ... but just as it was about to ship, Nokia stopped it and cancelled the transaction !!

My new order is in now... no word of shipping, so i reckon i'm at best going to be in next weeks batch :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

matrim wrote: »
    My brother just sent me on the shipping confirmation :D

Hopefully I should have my N900 by the end of next week.

Good decision to pull the old switcheroo and order from U.K!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Emailed Expansys.co.uk about my order. Just got this back. There's hope for a pre Chrimbo delivery after all.

Good morning,

We have currently got a due date for the stock of the 9th December. This has been put back on a couple of occasions already by Nokia, rather than eXpansys. We should have enough stock coming in on this day to fulfil all back orders.

Emailed Expansys.co.uk about my order. Just got this back. There's hope for a pre Chrimbo delivery after all.

That's great news thanks I'm with them aswell. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

did someone say the n900 could take two sim cards? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Will Expansys.co.uk ship to Ireland? Is it really worth getting it shipped from the Uk if the customs are going to hit you with another €100+ on it???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Will Expansys.co.uk ship to Ireland? Is it really worth getting it shipped from the Uk if the customs are going to hit you with another €100+ on it???

You won't get hit with customs on anything purchased within the EU.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You won't get hit with customs on anything purchased within the EU.

For some reason, I thought you did!

So would you recommend me putting a pre-order in on Expansys.co.uk for the N900?

the VAT I was charged was 21.5% the Irish rate so there had better not be any customs charges or Ill open up a can of apesh!t on 'em.

the VAT I was charged was 21.5% the Irish rate so there had better not be any customs charges or Ill open up a can of apesh!t on 'em.

So can I put in an order with them and hope to get it before Xmas? I presume i order on the expansys.ie website??

You can but its €30 cheaper on the uk site. They will deliver to Ireland but they asked me for proof I was at the postal address (payslip). Not much diff now but when I ordered the rate was better the diff was about €50. Every little helps.

Don't know about ordering now the email I got only said they SHOULD have enough N900s to fill the current orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

I'm taking everything Expansys says with a pinch of extremely skeptical salt, I have an email from them on 17th of November confirming that they would definitely be shipping on the 30th of November.

And 3 times so far the estimated delivery date been at 3 or 4 days and then jumped up to 17 days (I ordered in mid-October).

The problem is that there isn't really an alternative, they're just about the only ones who will deliver to Ireland, and if you ring an Irish company (I'm looking at you, Carphone Warehouse), they'll assure you that you actually mean the N97 mini and there is no such thing as an "N900"

just placed an order there with expansys.ie. est 5 days till shipment...but that probably means sometime in Jan, going by what's been said so far.

if you ring an Irish company (I'm looking at you, Carphone Warehouse), they'll assure you that you actually mean the N97 mini and there is no such thing as an "N900"

Ha ha! I got the same thing when I first went looking for the N95. Why does no one take any interest in their job in those places?

Anyway, salt is bad for you. Keep the faith.

• Advertisement

On the UK site it shows the UK VAT rate but when you buy they probably recognise you have an Irish address and you are charged 21.5% VAT so we are paying the right rate, but as you said it does actually work out €30 cheaper buying off the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

Remaining to be shipped:
    Item Qty
    Ordered Qty Remaining Status
    Nokia N900 32GB with £30 eXpansys Vouchers (UK, QWERTY) 1 1 Estimated 3 Days

I wanna poke my eye out! :mad:

RobbieM wrote: »
    Remaining to be shipped:
    Item Qty
    Ordered Qty Remaining Status
    Nokia N900 32GB with £30 eXpansys Vouchers (UK, QWERTY) 1 1 Estimated 3 Days

I wanna poke my eye out! :mad:

only 3 days left so for you?

Rang expansys this morning and they said that its due in 4 days, and unless nokia delay it again..that they will have it ready for shipping Wednesday next week.

How accurate that info is...je ne sais pas! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

...and if you ring an Irish company (I'm looking at you, Carphone Warehouse), they'll assure you that you actually mean the N97 mini and there is no such thing as an "N900"
    "these are not the droids you are looking for, move along, move along!" :D

they are kind of right though if you believe the Nokia spin on it that "it's not actually a phone, it's a tiny little computer that just so happens to have a phone built into it for connectivity purposes", thus meaning that Nokia didn't actually screw over all their faithful early adopters who shelled out hundreds of euro on the N97 when it came out thinking it was going to be the defacto standard top of the range Nokia phone for at least the next year or two.

[/bitter]

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hi im gonna buy one of these phones of expansys ( only option because living in kerry ) anyone got any experience with them any problems etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

vibe666 wrote: »
    "these are not the droids you are looking for, move along, move along!" :D

they are kind of right though if you believe the Nokia spin on it that "it's not actually a phone, it's a tiny little computer that just so happens to have a phone built into it for connectivity purposes", thus meaning that Nokia didn't actually screw over all their faithful early adopters who shelled out hundreds of euro on the N97 when it came out thinking it was going to be the defacto standard top of the range Nokia phone for at least the next year or two.

[/bitter]

:)
    Well Nokia have said they are going to be primarily developing Symbian for the next year or so, so not far off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Jim wrote: »
    Well Nokia have said they are going to be primarily developing Symbian for the next year or so, so not far off!
    yes, but didn't they also say that they're going to be removing it from the high end phones and repositioning it as a mid-low end mobile OS with maemo sliding in at the top end? (or something like that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Absolutely not, it's a single EU market. It's no different from buying your phone in Cork (except in the UK case, there's a different currency)

I don't know where they're getting off charging you Irish VAT either, unless they're billing you through an Irish company.

I'd challenge them about the 21.5% VAT rate. If you are paying a UK-registered company, in £, they've absolutely no reason to charge you Irish VAT.

I can only assume that they're invoicing you through expansys.ie but, I would suggest that you check it out properly.

You should be paying the UK VAT as normal, unless you're entitled to VAT back as you're a VAT registered company/business and the goods, in which case they charge you no VAT, but they keep your VAT number on file for their local tax authority.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Solair wrote: »
    Absolutely not, it's a single EU market. It's no different from buying your phone in Cork (except in the UK case, there's a different currency)

I don't know where they're getting off charging you Irish VAT either, unless they're billing you through an Irish company.

I'd challenge them about the 21.5% VAT rate. If you are paying a UK-registered company, in £, they've absolutely no reason to charge you Irish VAT.

I can only assume that they're invoicing you through expansys.ie but, I would suggest that you check it out properly.

You should be paying the UK VAT as normal, unless you're entitled to VAT back as you're a VAT registered company/business and the goods, in which case they charge you no VAT, but they keep your VAT number on file for their local tax authority.

If they sell over a certain amount to a country in a year, they have to charge people in that country the local vat rat. So if expansys sell more than x amount to Ireland, they have to charge the Irish vat rate. I think the amount is 35000 or 100,000. Not too sure.

Advertisement