Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

If they sell over a certain amount to a country in a year, they have to charge people in that country the local vat rat. So if expansys sell more than x amount to Ireland, they have to charge the Irish vat rate. I think the amount is 35000 or 100,000. Not too sure.

Distance sales in EU
    www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/distance-sales-eu.html
    Irish government selected €35k rate I think.
    Expansys probably had to register for VAT here and charge Irish VAT to Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

expansys????

Still three days?

Remaining to be shipped:
    Item Qty
    Ordered Qty Remaining Status
    Nokia N900 32GB with £30 eXpansys Vouchers (UK, QWERTY) 1 1 Estimated 3 Days

I could have sworn I went to sleep since I last checked? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

2 days estimated on espansys.ie. Have to send proof of address to them, before they ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

I emailed Expansys last week and they said they would def have them Wednesday. So the website saying 2 days til in stock and 3 days til delivery would be consistent. Lets just hope there's no last minute slips.

I emailed Expansys last week and they said they would def have them Wednesday. So the website saying 2 days til in stock and 3 days til delivery would be consistent. Lets just hope there's no last minute slips.

Yeah I was told that on Friday when I rang up their offices. Honestly, because there's been so many delays with this product I can't see it getting to us this side of Christmas :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

It's gone from preorder to "add to cart" on nokia.co.uk now.
    So thats a good sign for general availability me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

It now says out of stock. Sheeeeeet!

It now says out of stock. Sheeeeeet!

I don't understand? What you mean? Is that on the nokia.co.uk site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I don't understand? What you mean? Is that on the nokia.co.uk site?

yeah he is talkin about nokia.co.uk

BALLS !!

• Advertisement

def will be Jan before its available.

WOOOHOOOOO !!!

Just got the phonecall off my mate... my n900 arrived this morning :D

Now to drive to Armagh some evening.

Have some faith!

I ordered mine from the -usa.com site. I'm paying in dollars, for the EU version!

http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=186949

but I was wondering if there will be any differences between the one bought on the .co.uk site? (I have checked and it appears to be the same from the specs)

1. Are all the expansys phones shipping from the UK anyway?
    2. How many different versions of a Nokia are there normally? (European, Americas...)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Often their would be other versions, but the N900 is just one to the best of my knowledge. The phone has bands to work worldwide

Davy wrote: »
    Often their would be other versions, but the N900 is just one to the best of my knowledge. The phone has bands to work worldwide

Are there different keyboard versions?
    Do nokia make a version for different mobile companies? (like 3 in Ireland who require different sim pins)
    Do different versions have different wifi channels?

joedumper wrote: »
    WOOOHOOOOO !!!

Just got the phonecall off my mate... my n900 arrived this morning :D

Now to drive to Armagh some evening.

Nice one dude. did you order off nokia.co.uk?

aye, off nokia.co.uk

Got my mate in Armagh to order it with his credit card.
    Ordered friday morning,,, in Armagh first thing this morning !!!

joedumper wrote: »
    aye, off nokia.co.uk

Got my mate in Armagh to order it with his credit card.
    Ordered friday morning,,, in Armagh first thing this morning !!!

You lucky Sod :)! Would appreciate your thoughts on it asap after you get it.

I'm afraid that since it's gotten this late... I'm going to wait to open it till christmas day.

yes i know it's some sort of weird self torture!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

You jammy sod:eek: Be a guinea pig for the rest of us and tell us your thoughts

Sister had problems ordering mine online and rang today and ordered another one.Dont think she realises other order still on her account when I login Was told that it would be delivered in 3-5 days time but when I check it has not shipped:rolleyes: Big sis will get a shock if her cc shows 2 phones and I will only pay for one:rolleyes: Lets just hope one of them arrives before Christmas as they are bloody out of stock:confused:

• Advertisement

I should be online by midday Christmas day, will post my feelings on it :D

Best of luck with getting one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

ordered mine last week from expansysuk, apparently only one day till its in stock, hopefully they will have the stock to fulfill the order.

cant wait to get this fone... also cant wait to offload my n97 :)

the lack of mms is a bit of a pain... but im sure they will remedy it soon.

I don't think the lack of full UI in portrait will be an issue for me as i tend to do everything apart from answering a call in landscape mode.

EDIT: emailed expansys to see if they will have the stock and they said:

Hi,

At the moment we are not sure how much stock we will be receiving.

Thanks

Its back on Pre-order on Nokia.co.uk

Checked my status on espansys.ie and its "waiting to receive Stock to fulfill order"

Hurry up........................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is the lack of stock of n900's some plan of Nokia's to get more interest in the unit or just some logistic screwup?

Nokia's original shipments of 5800 and n97 phones seemed pretty well done iirc.

Venom wrote: »
    Is the lack of stock of n900's some plan of Nokia's to get more interest in the unit or just some logistic screwup?

Nokia's original shipments of 5800 and n97 phones seemed pretty well done iirc.

It would'nt surprise me it either was correct. But I fail to see why companies do this with regard "release dates" for products. When they have a release date in mind...they should add 2/3 months to it, to accommodate last min fixes etc...and that way the consumer is'nt put on hold for x amount of weeks.

I very nearly went a bought the N97 last week because of all the BS with Nokia and no confirmed release date..but I said I'd give them the benefit of the doubt this time.
    I'm sure there are plenty others who got fed up with the constant delays and went out and got something else.

pushed back again on expansys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Its back on Pre-order on Nokia.co.uk

Checked my status on espansys.ie and its "waiting to receive Stock to fulfill order"

Hurry up........................

I still see it as out of stock on Nokias website:( I have checked my order placed 7/12 and item still not shipped :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Available on Plemix now by the looks of it...

http://www.plemix.com/phone-nokia-n900-phone

they dont have it in stock though.

• Advertisement

yeah espansys have pushed it back again. Estimated 6 days till arrival. Fingers crossed we might get it before June.

Advertisement